Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping the clothes shops are as great as XY. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know that Hawaii is well known for high-end fashion.

Not implying that half of high-end fashion is stupid.

Yeah, we're not France in terms of the fashion industry; though we have some degree of (local) clothing lines that can be considered moderately high class (stuff is about $50+, but they're the kind executives wear [shirts anyway])*. And yes, we have some of the fancy clothing stores that originate on the mainland (well, all of them are in the shopping center near Waikīkī). Heck, most of the people down here (myself included) dress rather casually.

Think there will be a clothing store somewhere, and hopefully better male options.

-----

The Pyukumuku throwing quest is nice though.

-----

* Google "reyn spooner" and you'll see what I mean by the type of fancy clothes we have here.

I noticed something in the Pyumuku. There was some sand that was moving. Similar to how how there is rustling grass in ORAS, or a swirl of energy for a Ghost, or something on top of the water. 

Yet it didn't appear to disappear when walked by it. So maybe it isn't a Pokemon, or is a Pokemon under the sand?

We'll just have to see if there's an option for that (though that's if certain groups of parents stop going SJW and say that it's inappropriate). I won't be bothered if we don't get to wear swimsuits. 

Then again, we haven't heard much about new previews anytime soon (least as far as Serebii is concerned for now).

Oh, I would absolutely spend the entire game in Team Skull's outfit. Heck, it'd be really cool if there was an option to buy any of the villainous teams' outfits. The fashion in XY was fun but it was kinda limited.

But hey, as long as there's something I can actually spend money on again. Aside from fashion and Poke Balls in increments of 10 to get Premier Balls, I almost never spend money in Pokemon games.

In my case, Pokeballs and small types of medicine (nowadays), pay the Daycare for breeding and I guess fancy ribbons for legendaries in OR/AS. Otherwise, I rarely spend money nowadays. XY is pretty much the same; already bought all of the male clothing, though I don't wear half of them.

(Never even bothered with the fedora; just looks off. Although, vinyl pants and the red checkered shirt looks nice, even though I have the standard hat on.)

----
Ah yes, some updates from Serebii

Some distributions have been announced for Pokémon Sun & Moon in Japan. First, with the Pokémon Sun & Moon World's Fastest Capture Guide on November 28th, it will come with a special QR Code which will allow for you to easily find where Togedemaru is in the wild. It also confirmed that the special Monecolle GET figures will come with QR Codes that will let you easily find the Pokémon in the wild. Secondly, with the Pokémon Sun & Moon Official Guide Book, it has been confirmed that you will receive a serial code for a Gold Bottle Cap and confirms that the Gold Bottle Caps will boost the IVs to maximum. We'll bring more as they come

So pretty much a Gold bottle cap exists and they'll boost things to the maximum. Not entirely sure if this will pump ALL stats to 31, or just a single stat of choice. Or really, how do the bottle caps work in Hyper Training, and if one use of the Silver boosts all the way, or just a certain amount.

I would assume something similar will be available for Western territories as well.

I'd assume it's rare on the route it can be found in or something.

Oh, I would absolutely spend the entire game in Team Skull's outfit. Heck, it'd be really cool if there was an option to buy any of the villainous teams' outfits. The fashion in XY was fun but it was kinda limited.

It was more limited on the male side if anything, but I agree the fashion was fun.

Personally, I'd like to buy Team Magma's outfit.

Any thoughts on in-game teams yet for people?

Personally, this may be the first generation that I don't use any of the three starters. None of the designs appeal to me so far - they just feel really uninspired so far - and I really like Alolan Raichu.

Others that "speak to me" are Bewear, Morellul, and Alolan Sandslash. Will have to see the entire thing before settling on a team, however.

As excited as I can get towards the game, I am not planning to actually get it, heh. But if given the opportunity, I would make a team including:

- Litten as starter

- Pikipek (hopefully it will get a Flying-Type consecutive-attack move)

- Rockruff

- Comfey (please let it learn Recover/Synthesis/etc. to combo with Triage)

Needless to say, it is subject to change xD

I would like to include Cutiefly there too, but judging from its appearance and one of its abilities (Honey Gather), it doesn't look like it will be viable for combat; but who knows, it can get an evolution with solid base stats, or actually solid stats from the start.

Minior is another Pokemon that has my interest, but I feel it will be some kind of unique Pokemon and/or that it will be available in mid or late game (like the fossil Pokemon, Spiritomb, Togepi, Beldum, etc.)

Just going to repost my potential 'mons for Sun/Moon (well, mainly Sun unless I decide to buy Moon also; not like I can trade between myself without resorting to GTS/PokeBank). Again, currently based on whatever we have so far; list is subject to change as release date nears and more stuff is shown.

• Popplio's evo line (though it may change depending on the evolutions turn out; Litten is second choice for starter though)
  • Mudsdale (I need Ground coverage)
  • Alola Ninetales (may be late in-game, so will need to find another Ice / Fairy 'mon)
  • Vikavolt
  • Espeon (hopefully I can find one easily; otherwise importing time)
  • Version legendary or something else (definitely late game, but we'll see)
  • Tapu Koko (depending on circumstances); maybe the other guardian deities if they're good. I might switch Vikavolt with this if needed.
  • Arcanine/Lucario (if they can be caught easily, or I'm permitted to transfer stuff otherwise early on. Former to deal with Grass; latter is Fighting and staple team member.)

And yeah, it would appear that I really need some physical attacking 'mons (I'll assume Mudsdale is pretty much Physical, and probably Solgaleo too; but rest of the Alola stuff is probably Special; least from this list).

Just going to repost what I'v got so far to.

The fairy typing might end up screwing me but this is what I'v got for my team so far.

Tapu Koko, My two favorite typings on a pokemon with a amazing design. 

Magearna, A neat pokemon with an amazing duel typing. What's not to love?

Salandit, Simple design with an interesting typing and a interesting ability to boot

Mudsdale, Cause I like tanks and this seems like it'll fit the bill.

Mimikyu, I mean...........do I have to explain?

Popplio, cause of it's starter status and to balance my team out a bit more but another water type or Alolan 9Tales could take it's place.

Other pokemon in my consideration

Alolan 9Tales

Pyukumuku, for gimmicky fun :3

I'm getting Both Sun & Moon and until we get specifics on the exclusives on which pokemon will only be in which my teams staying the same.

If Mareep is in the game she'll(cause I'll be wanting a female to continue my mareep naming tradition) be on the team for sure. ^-^

Y'know, I've been thinking as to how exactly the Alola Vulpix evolve into Ninetales. Given their typing a Fire Stone probably won't cut it, so I'm thinking that maybe they transitioned over to Shiny Stones instead? It makes sense, given that Shiny being light could be associated with Fairy types, and the Alola Ninetales is fairy typed, but Vulpix isn't. So I figure yeah, maybe you need a Shiny Stone instead. Or maybe it's become a level up evolution.

Y'know, I've been thinking as to how exactly the Alola Vulpix evolve into Ninetales. Given their typing a Fire Stone probably won't cut it, so I'm thinking that maybe they transitioned over to Shiny Stones instead? It makes sense, given that Shiny being light could be associated with Fairy types, and the Alola Ninetales is fairy typed, but Vulpix isn't. So I figure yeah, maybe you need a Shiny Stone instead. Or maybe it's become a level up evolution.

Either that or maybe they could evolve around that ice rock like Eevee does for Glaceon. But what you said sounds more likely.

Archived