Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm gonna need about ten mimikyu plushes

the sandcastle getting a bonus for getting hit by one of its disadvantages is an okay ability. unfortunately water moves aren't very physical, so the def boost won't help it against a bunch of surfs, water guns, water pulse, etc.

and of course it just gets ran over by grass moves. but ground/ghost is a cool typing and it may play a role on playthrough teams.

If you have too many, though, you won't be able to play with all of them and some are going to start feeling lonely at some point. Then they'll, like, make another costume out of other plushies so they can be like the other Mimikyu that you do play with.

Or something.

Oh right the sandcastle ability. Kinda sucks. Maybe if it gets recovery. But the issue is taking a water move is a bad idea in the first place, and raising defense doesn't help when you've already taken a SE hit.

Maybe if it raised attack or speed, but...this is pretty bad of an ability. It's amusing and fitting though, so, there's that.

Oh wait, what if it's got, like, 150-some SpDf and can run a vest set?

That would make it worthwhile, imo.

We'd have to see how much defensive power it has, but yeah; most of its weaknesses are generally special. Watching the trailer again, Sandygast got hit by Shellder's Razor Shell and went to about a quarter of its health. Cannot tell if it got taken down that much (which would imply low physical Defense) or it took some damage earlier. Which is the case right now, we don't know. 

If Palossand does get a hefty Special Defense to deal with its weaknesses, then might be worth a look. 

----

Oh right, and suppose this is about the time I try to formulate a potential Sun/Moon team (despite its incompleteness)

1. Popplio's evo line (though it may change depending on the evolutions turn out)

2. Mudsdale (I need Ground coverage)

3. Alola Ninetales

4. Vikavolt

Rest to be determined later, based on more specifics about existing 'mons like moves, general stats and so forth and whatever else exists in Alola. Maybe those slots will be filled by imported stuff, but that remains to be seen (if we can actually do it early on). The box legend will be here somewhere when we get to it. 

Same as Black but...If I were to choose.

Still unsure about starter. I don't really like Poppilio's supposed final but the base form has grown on me. And I like the typing. Litten I actually really like, but Rowlet is cool too.

Rockruff

Salandit

Lurantis!

Wishiwashi

Magearna

Unsure about 6th, maybe Vikivolt

The fairy typing might end up screwing me but this is what I'v got for my team so far.

Tapu Koko, My two favorite typings on a pokemon with a amazing design. 

Magearna, A neat pokemon with an amazing duel typing. What's not to love?

Salandit, Simple design with an interesting typing and a interesting ability to boot

Mudsdale, Cause I like tanks and this seems like it'll fit the bill.

Mimikyu, I mean...........do I have to explain?

Popplio, cause of it's starter status and to balance my team out a bit more but another water type or Alolan 9Tales could take it's place.

Other pokemon in my consideration

Alolan 9Tales

Pyukumuku, for gimmicky fun :3

Archived