Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, I had a similar thought regarding the turtle being a dragon: if a palm tree gets to be a Dragon, it shouldn't be surprising for the turtle, or any other future released Pokemon for that matter, to have the Dragon typing.

I'm very much on the idea of the weak abilities being buffed.

I REALLY like Crabbrawler. Surrised it ain't a Water type as well, though.

Sand COmpaction doesn't seem that useful, given most Water attacks are special. Still, you could switch it in on... Eh, IDK.

Stuffal is so cu- Why does it have a butt plug.

Seriously, LOOK UNDER ITS TAIL.

I REALLY like Crabbrawler. Surrised it ain't a Water type as well, though.

Sand COmpaction doesn't seem that useful, given most Water attacks are special. Still, you could switch it in on... Eh, IDK.

Stuffal is so cu- Why does it have a butt plug.

Seriously, LOOK UNDER ITS TAIL.

Weirdly, Water Compaction makes it a hard counter to Keldeo, which may prove pretty useful. Well, besides Icy Wind, but switching in on 3/4 of its moves, and heavily de-incentivising any physical switch-ins after that is strong.

Edit: wait, it doesn't give it an immunity? Never mind, it's pretty bad.

Logic: Crabrawler isn't Fighting/Water, the type that everyone wanted to see. Thanks, Nintendo. Your track record is really shaping up.

The castle's ability sucks. It won't be taking any water type moves anyway, so there's really no point

And of course the bear has a butt plug, which is honestly unnerving.

I mean couldn't the sand castle have like a secret ability or something.......?

I like Crabrawler, but I do kind of wish it was Water/Fighting..... I might have considered it for my team at that point. 

Logic: Crabrawler isn't Fighting/Water, the type that everyone wanted to see. Thanks, Nintendo. Your track record is really shaping up.

Well we have some already at least. We have Polywrath.......Keledeo........that's it...

Apparently, the reason why Crabbrawler isn't a Water-Type is because the species in which it's based on, the coconut crab, is a terrestrial animal.

That's bullshit on Nintendo's part, and I bet they know it.

Like, there are already a bunch of regular old fighting-types, so why not give it something unique like an additional typing? Doesn't look like a mono-fighting type anyway.

Only new thing was Crabrawler, and yeah I'm surprised that it isn't a Water type even though it's based on a crab (though the description makes some sense, but yeah). Just gotta see what else it learns.

Water Compaction is interesting, but yeah it requires either Palossand / Sandygast to take a SE hit to even work (given both of them are Ground type). Not sure how often it'll come into play.

Stufful, we already know about. And yeah, assuming that thing near its rear is supposed to be a tag.

Crabrawler is hilarious and imo a really fun design.

Oh and as to the Illuminate thing.

Sturdy is something you know will happen. It's strategic. And many things can break it. Hazards, statuses, switching in on attacks, etc. It gives you a strategic option that can be countered.

Evasion not so much. It's not really strategic in any way to rely on a 10% chance, and it can't be "countered" by tactics as easily.

As for the list, yeah, most won't use it/don't have it. But even just Volbeat who, I remind you, can Baton Pass a Tail Glow. And Watchog can Hypnosis.
Even without that the point is. Sturdy is fair, evasion isn't so much. It's not broken, it's not even a good strategy, but giving a free pass at evasion is just poor design.

"Illuminate: Wild encounter rate is increased, your first attack in a battle cannot miss."

Would that be a decent upgrade? I don't think Illuminate users have any OHKO moves among them. Light the way to a clean hit.

It would give Watchog, and only that, a 100% Hypnosis, but, that's a decent buff for such a weak Mon.

Granted it wouldn't do much for most of the others I don't think, but, not bad. And it's something people can prepare for.

...Does Hypnosis work on Dark types?

That's bullshit on Nintendo's part, and I bet they know it.

Like, there are already a bunch of regular old fighting-types, so why not give it something unique like an additional typing? Doesn't look like a mono-fighting type anyway.

Calm down, I know you're frustrated at GF, but the thing is, they have millions of fans to please, they'll never be able to satisfy everyone (I'm still waiting for that Grass/Fire chilli pepper mon, you froglickers ¬¬). Not to mention we already have 2 Water/Fighting species, so it's not like everybody is starving for another one. And I don't think they shouldn't be forced to make a Pokémon based on a land-based animal a Water-Type just because crabs are stereotyped as aquatic animals even though not all of them are. Besides, GF has been experimenting a lot with unexpected typings in recent years; it's just their way to break the mold, and it seems they want to take huge risks with Gen VII in order to bring a breath of fresh air to the franchise after 2 decades of existence.

"Illuminate: Wild encounter rate is increased, your first attack in a battle cannot miss."

Would that be a decent upgrade? I don't think Illuminate users have any OHKO moves among them. Light the way to a clean hit.

Let's just make it a Compound Eyes clone and leave it at that.

have they done a pokemon based on the mantis shrimp yet? That would be pretty neat. I'd imagine it'd have very high speed and physical attack power. It could also gain access to all punch based moves & a hidden ability that gives it +1 priority when using a punch based move.

Yes, Gen 3's Anorith and Armaldo.

Also, Crabrawler might be the only crab not to get stab from it's hammer.

Archived