Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really weird not caring about the PvP aspect of Pokemon at all and not having anything to say at all with regards to what moves/abilities are good when all these new Pokemon come out. Like, in the base game you can use just about whatever the heck you want and beat it just fine, so it doesn't matter there.

I was thinking: Maybe the Z-stones are the new badges.

Unlikely. We will likely get them like how we got Mega Stones.

I honest to god hate Sturdy's buff with a vengeance. funking annoying trying to go through battles quickly, oh no, they survived on 1 HP. Fuckin' pain.

It is annoying, but actually makes it useful in competitive play.

...I want you to take a look at this list, and then tell me again why a 10% chance for evasion on Illuminate would be bad.

It wouldn't be bad at all. But evasion haxs are annoying as hell for a lot of players. Best keep that as low as possible. Also, I'm honestly unsure of current OU rules and if Snow Clock/Sand Veil is banned. Also not sure about Bright Powder now that I think about it.

The in-built Focus Sash of Sturdy is funking annoying, but it didn't stop Gamefreak from doing it. It's basically the same god damn difference in regards to cheating death. But I am fairly certain that Lanturn and Watchog aren't precisely OU, nor would a 1 in 10 chance for dodging be completely gamebreaking. Annoying, but hardly gamebreaking.

I mean

It's not like that would increase the slot machine aspect of Pokemon obnoxiously

Or that Starmie doesn't have any optimal ability choices that help it too much outside of Natural Cure

Or you could exploit this to pass several minimizes to an illuminate brightpowder Pokemon and sit back and watch until they get lucky and nail you

The in-built Focus Sash of Sturdy is funking annoying, but it didn't stop Gamefreak from doing it. It's basically the same god damn difference in regards to cheating death. But I am fairly certain that Lanturn and Watchog aren't precisely OU, nor would a 1 in 10 chance for dodging be completely gamebreaking. Annoying, but hardly gamebreaking.

Yes, but you know Sturdy will always work one way. With a 10% chance of missing games will be determined by bad rolls. One is a set system that you can know and plan around, the other is just hope you don't get unlucky. Some luck is good, it lets less skilled players beat more skilled ones, but you don't want to push it too much. It won't affect high tiers, but it will lower ones. Not to mention it affects any Pokemon that may get it.

I get why you would make the change, and it works for flavor, but ultimately it seems unfun.

Archived