Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, we've recently gotten more info from Serebii on Hyper Training

Earlier this week, the Youtube Channel for the Japanese magazine, V-Jump, put up a video detailing IVs in Pokémon. In this video it gave a bit of clarification into the process. In the video, it showed three different Garchomp with different IV spreads and each of them used a Silver Bottle Cap at Hyper Training. This allowed for one stat to be increased, in this case the Attack was increased on all three Garchomp. This means that you'll be able to use the Silver Bottle Cap in exchange to increase one stat only. It was also mentioned that there may be a Gold Bottle Cap, and questioned if it will be used to increase multiple stats to their maximum. It is still not known how the Bottle Caps can be obtained and if there's a limit to the amount you can find. We'll bring more on Hyper Training and Sun & Moon as it comes

Looks like Hyper Training only does 1 IV at a time making competitive breeding still pretty worth while, especially if the Bottle Caps aren't the easiest things to farm.

The solution is to dump bottle caps on Dittos.

Also there should be a way to lower IVs. Things like Trick Room based teams want their sweepers with 0 speed IVs.

Agreed. Getting perfect IV dittos is going to be one of the main uses for bottle caps. 5 perfects vs. 6 will RARELY matter and when it does you can just use the bottle cap then.

I was wondering that too. It is very rare that you'd want 0 IVs and 99% of the time the stat you'll want would just be speed so if you can find a zero speed IV ditto (I somehow randomly caught one) you can more or less make due. Honestly, the only other Pokemon I can even imagine wanting 0 IVs in its stats is Pyukumuku since I imagine you want it to be OHKOed to maximize Innards Out.

Agreed. Getting perfect IV dittos is going to be one of the main uses for bottle caps. 5 perfects vs. 6 will RARELY matter and when it does you can just use the bottle cap then.

I was wondering that too. It is very rare that you'd want 0 IVs and 99% of the time the stat you'll want would just be speed so if you can find a zero speed IV ditto (I somehow randomly caught one) you can more or less make due. Honestly, the only other Pokemon I can even imagine wanting 0 IVs in its stats is Pyukumuku since I imagine you want it to be OHKOed to maximize Innards Out.

0 IVs in Attack is often used in case of Foul Play, as well.

0 IVs in Attack is often used in case of Foul Play, as well.

I find that application to be WAY to niche to be worth going for. Like, I understand why you would do it, but between Foul Play not being a widely used move and not many Pokemon really caring one way or the other about it just seemed pointless.

I probably missed it somewhere or didn't look at the thread at the time said discussion came up. (That, and I had to look up Willow's pic because I don't pay attention to Pokemon Go; because I can't play it.)

As for the Bottle Cap thing, if it only boosts one stat instead of all of them, then not going to be bothered too much (least the Silver one). Probably will need about 2-3 per 'mon because certain stats I need raised to max; others can probably be left alone because they're high enough without needing to be perfect. If Gold comes out, then great. Just have to wait and see how easily they can be found in-game when Sun/Moon come out, but still, breeding/resetting for IVs might be better depending on how this mechanic works out.

So here's a thought...

I mentioned this to Nai the other day, but like-

Oricorio could be pretty intimidating in Double battles.

Dancer:

If another Pokémon in the field uses a dancing move, then the Pokémon will be able to use the same move immediately afterward

Dancer likely triggers off other Pokemon with Dancer, but I doubt it creates an endless loop with 2 of them.

However... And if I assume this ability works the way I hope it does...

Your turn could go like:

Oricorio #1 uses Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd)

Oricorio #2's Dancer -> Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd)

Oricorio #1's Dancer -> Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+2 Sp.ATK, +2 Sp.Def, +2 Spd)

Oricorio #2 uses Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+2 Sp.ATK, +2 Sp.Def, +2 Spd)

Oricorio #1's Dancer -> Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+3 Sp.ATK, +3 Sp.Def, +3 Spd)

Oricorio #2's Dancer -> Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+3 Sp.ATK, +3 Sp.Def, +3 Spd)

I don't know if Oricorio will learn Quiver Dance or not(Don't know why it wouldn't), but it's merely an example.

Hell, if any of them use Petal Dance, you'd basically get multiple Petal Dances off in a single turn, since if any of them uses it, the other would go right on ahead and use it.

So here's a thought...

Dancer likely triggers off other Pokemon with Dancer, but I doubt it creates an endless loop with 2 of them.

Your turn could go like:

Oricorio #1 uses Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd)

Oricorio #2's Dancer -> Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd)

Oricorio #1's Dancer -> Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+2 Sp.ATK, +2 Sp.Def, +2 Spd)

Oricorio #2 uses Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+2 Sp.ATK, +2 Sp.Def, +2 Spd)

Oricorio #1's Dancer -> Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+3 Sp.ATK, +3 Sp.Def, +3 Spd)

Oricorio #2's Dancer -> Quiver Dance -> +1 Sp.ATK, +1 Sp.Def, +1 Spd(+3 Sp.ATK, +3 Sp.Def, +3 Spd)

I don't know if Oricorio will learn Quiver Dance or not(Don't know why it wouldn't), but it's merely an example.

Hell, if any of them use Petal Dance, you'd basically get multiple Petal Dances off in a single turn, since if any of them uses it, the other would go right on ahead and use it.

If it's defenses are good enough, that would be excellent, but I'm betting that Dancer's copy can't be copied so it'd probably be more like:

Which is still p okay since they both get 2 quiver dances in one turn.

Rather than Petal Dance, though, they'd probaby just want to use Revelation Dance, assuming it has good damage output, for STAB.

So here's a thought...

Your turn could go like:

One feather dance = double intimidate, and I'm sure they'll get that move.

I wonder if we'll see Tierno with one of these.

Haven't really been keeping up with the news that much, though I've see most of what has been revealed. I wil admit, while I like the idea of Alolan forms, I'm not very impressed with the designs of them too much. I don't know why, something about them just doesn't impress me that much. Might be one of those times where they have to grow on me, sure I'll use at least one on my team either way.

I'm very surprised no new megas have been revealed yet. I'm beginning to wonder if they might have not added any this gen to focus on the Z-Moves and Alolan forms.

I'm guessing gyms have been replaced with these island trials? I'm sure they'll be practically the same thing, but that's interesting, excited to see how that all works out.

I already love Team Skull, that music is amazing. They honestly kinda give me a Team Rocket vibe, they look like a bunch of hoodlums/gangsters that just want to cause trouble other than the usual "want to change the world" teams we have had in the past few gens. Of course, I don't think much has been revealed about them yet, so they could still be like one of those teams, that's just the vibe I'm getting from them right now.

Still hyped for the release of these games. I'm beginning to count down the days until the release.

So here's a thought...

Your turn could go like:

I didn't actually catch the application of Dancer for doubles until this post. Yea, that seems really good and my bet is the main way the ability will get used.

I didn't actually catch the application of Dancer for doubles until this post. Yea, that seems really good and my bet is the main way the ability will get used.

Too bad they probably won't allow more than one Oricorio Style per team, given they're all technically the same species =/

I hope Pyukumuku is able to learn Explosion just for the hilarity that will ensue once Innards Out triggers. I also hope it has a large health pool. And Innards Out could make for an interesting ability for Haxmon. Slap it on to a Blissey along with Explosion for the fun of it. XD

I don't think that's how it works; the gameplay footage and the description found on the official website seem to imply it only works it the opposing Pokémon makes your Pyukumuku faint through a direct hit.

Too bad they probably won't allow more than one Oricorio Style per team, given they're all technically the same species =/

I don't think that's how it works; the gameplay footage and the description found on the official website seem to imply it only works it the opposing Pokémon makes your Pyukumuku faint through a direct hit.

I disagree. We'v only seen footage of it getting one shot by an opposing pokemon. Not how it'll interact with Status moves or traps like spikes or stealth rock. And it's description can also be interpreted as how I see it.

Archived