Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I was thinking. 

It makes sense though. Like was said in the status bar, Ariados is probs his lead.

You find it amusing how all of the Pokemon in question have some method of being scary/intimidating/etc?

I'd mention that Team Skull is trying to be 2spooky, but I know the skull motif has other meanings to it.

I think they're trying too hard at being spoopy.

While were at it...

I'm pretty sure this will be the first time you fight an enemy team in the form of a horde battle.

Srsly, they show, at one point in the trailer, 5 of them coming at you; it will totally be a horde battle, and you'd likely get a team mate with you.

While were at it...

I'm pretty sure this will be the first time you fight an enemy team in the form of a horde battle.

Srsly, they show, at one point in the trailer, 5 of them coming at you; it will totally be a horde battle, and you'd likely get a team mate with you.

There was a Team Magma/Aqua horde battle in ORAS, where you fought 5 grunts at once.

Weird, though, considering several aspects of 4chan leaks have been true.

I guess trolls are finally picking up on the hype train.

That one's separate from the ones that is listed on the holy scroll of leaks, and it sticks too closely to what has been said on those holy scroll leaks.

not to mention it kinda has malshadow's typing wrong.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt there's going to be any reference to PMD Team Skull, since the names are completely different in Japanese.

Team Skull (Japanese: スカル Skull-dan, literally Skull Gang

Team Skull (Japanese: チーム ドクローズ Team Skull and Crossbones

Same reason why the comparisons between the villainous "teams" and the Pokémon Go teams don't hold water.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt there's going to be any reference to PMD Team Skull, since the names are completely different in Japanese.

Team Skull (Japanese: スカル Skull-dan, literally Skull Gang

Team Skull (Japanese: チーム ドクローズ Team Skull and Crossbones

Same reason why the comparisons between the villainous "teams" and the Pokémon Go teams don't hold water.

As they both contain Skull I wouldn't say "completely" different. Plus they could throw a Grunt with that team makeup as a reference due to the skull connection alone I'd think.

As they both contain Skull I wouldn't say "completely" different. Plus they could throw a Grunt with that team makeup as a reference due to the skull connection alone I'd think.

But the "Skull and Crossbones" part from PMD's Team Skull is in Japanese (Dokuroozu) in the original version, whereas the "Skull" from SuMo's Team Skull is already in English (Skull-dan) there. Granted, there's still an association, but since PMD's Team Skull is far from being the most notorious group of characters in the franchise and both names are written and pronounced drastically differently in Japanese, I don't see them make the connection there; the localized version, on the other hand, is a whole other story.

And I also doubt they'll use Duskull, at least not more prominently than any of the other typical bad guy mon, since again, its Japanese name has nothing to do with skulls. People have to bear in mind Game Freak always use the Japanese Version as their base while developing their games, so you shouldn't be surprised if some dots apparently don't connect.

They could just use Duskull exclusively though, but I don't see that happening though.

I agree that they would use Duskull as I originally thought this team was generally going to use a lot of Ghost Types before they revealed that they used Zubat (Grunts), Golbat (Plumeria) and Ariados(Guzma) which now seems to make them more of a poison type team.

Would be a neat to see if their teams pokemon is a gernal mix of Ghost and Poison type pokemon.

I agree that they would use Duskull as I originally thought this team was generally going to use a lot of Ghost Types before they revealed that they used Zubat (Grunts), Golbat (Plumeria) and Ariados(Guzma) which now seems to make them more of a poison type team.

Would be a neat to see if their teams pokemon is a gernal mix of Ghost and Poison type pokemon.

Ofc the trailer showed a grunt using a Drowzee as well, so it'd primarily be poison, with other sinister types inbetween.

Wishiwashi is cool though I like Pyukumuka more (also some of the names like this one and Togedemaru sound very Japanese which makes me wonder if these will be the final versions for the English names). Though the website says only Wishiwashi that have experienced many dangerous situations and have called on allies multiple times can do the schooling thing, which makes sense since the trailer says they can only do that at a certain level. Also the fact Alolan people use Pyukumuka fluid for skincare reminds me of some of our cosmetic products today. Morelull doesn't make much of an impression on me, tbh, though its shape reminds me of some phosphorescent mushrooms.

Team Skull is so over the top it's hilarious. Though I had thought they were surfer dudes at first. Though pretty sure surfer dudes will be common enough here anyway. And yes I want them to reference Team Skull from PMD too. Not surprised Guzma knows Kukui since last gen we had something similar. "Both male and female Team Skull Grunts wear matching black Skull Tanks. And these uniforms aren’t even provided for them—all Grunts have to buy their own!" makes me wonder if we'll see more variety in Grunt uniforms but I doubt it.

Dark Meowth is such a sassy flip-the-hair man I love it. Also the royal family thing is neat and makes me wonder about Kalos connections. I have absolutely no problems with fire/ghost Marowak's design, as I'd always loved the idea of a ghost Marowak (and even thought that'd be cool for a mega). Alolan Raichu is amazing and reminds me of a stereotypical suntanned blue-eyed surfer dude (see I found a surfer dude already). Also reminds me of that Pikachu from that one episode like Agro mentioned. I love it. I'm totally using it, even though I'll be finally breaking from my pattern of "using only new Pokemon my first playthrough" which I even excluded megas from last gen, but I think Alolan forms are different enough to count as new Pokemon anyway. Might use a Mimikyu too then for the irony.

Wishiwashi's name reminds me of a word from my native language, "wissewasje", which translates to "trifle": a thing of little value or importance. Somewhat fitting for its single form I suppose.

As for Alolan Raichu, the reveal trailer showcased its ability in a battle with Aerodactyl and Weavile of the same level. Since it is implied that he outsped them using its ability, we can expect its base speed to be between roughly 65 and 125 ; possibly remaining unchanged.

I doubt them having the Duskull line. Remember what Duskull can evolve into.

Except that Team AQUA and MAGMA used Mightyena. Meaning that they don't have to be 100% their niche for teams. Duskull would just be a cute little connection.

Wishiwashi's name reminds me of a word from my native language, "wissewasje", which translates to "trifle": a thing of little value or importance. Somewhat fitting for its single form I suppose.

As for Alolan Raichu, the reveal trailer showcased its ability in a battle with Aerodactyl and Weavile of the same level. Since it is implied that he outsped them using its ability, we can expect its base speed to be between roughly 65 and 125 ; possibly remaining unchanged.

In American (and other countries probably idk) wishy washy means indecisive, lacking boldness. Which, this thing can't decide on which form to stay in X3

Archived