Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Things of note:

• Team Skull were using what I believe to be Nest Balls or Safari Balls, indicating htat trainers may not use just generic Poke Balls.
  • Pikachu and Cubone don't appear to have Alolan forms, indicating branching evolution in some cases.
  • With the above, it might be possible that non-Alolan Sandshrew/Vulpix/Exeggcute might become their Alolan forms when they evolve in Sun/Moon.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>

Things of note:

• Team Skull were using what I believe to be Nest Balls or Safari Balls, indicating htat trainers may not use just generic Poke Balls.
  • Pikachu and Cubone don't appear to have Alolan forms, indicating branching evolution in some cases.
  • With the above, it might be possible that non-Alolan Sandshrew/Vulpix/Exeggcute might become their Alolan forms when they evolve in Sun/Moon.

I think I saw an Ultra Ball or two in there as well. Branch evolutions are likely, though not for Sandshrew/Vulpix, since they're completely different types.

The female Skull admin used Ultra Ball, yeah.

Skull has a kickass theme.

EDIT:

So Wishiwashi's School form behaves like Defeatist, when its HP hits low, it'll revert.

Surfing Raichu best Raichu

And Innards Out, if it really behaves like a stronger Aftermath or straight up counter during death, would be a nuzlocke nightmare.

For the purpose of reviewing, I'll use the Japanese names from the video (Pokemon-wise). Some HP observations have been made as well; assume that the range is perfect IVs to 0 IVs, with no effort points (take them with a grain of salt though, because I am assuming there are no EVs and they might've done so here)

• Yowashi's ability (the fish one that changes form) does look like it reverts to base form if it reaches a certain HP. Think the school form has better offensive power, but we'll have to wait/see. HP is about 38/39 - 54 (66 HP and level 27)
  • Nemashu (the mushroom one) is okay for now; just have to see what it's capable of doing. It's the first Grass/Fairy to actually start as one (not considering Cottonee/Whimsciott as such, because they got type changed a generation after conception)
  • Namakobushi (sea cucumber) looks interesting enough; ability does seem like Destiny Bond, which will pretty kill anything that faints it with a move. Yeah, that's pretty nice. Oh right, and looks to be a bulky mon (well, 79 HP at level 23 gives base 85-100 if there are no EVs)
  • Gumshoos/Dekagoose (or Trump the Pokemon) has base 80 - 95 HP given specs in-game (94 HP at level 29; during the battle with Guzuma)
  • Alola Meowth looks better in-game, although design is still meh
  • Alola Marowak is cool (and yeah, hopefully it stays Physical because Thick Club exists and yeah, base 80 Attack is still average by our standards)
  • Alola Raichu's design is kinda weird though (not saying it's bad, but just seems that Gamefreak threw it and Audino in a blender and this is the result). I don't know if they're using a Raichu with imperfect IVs, but it does seem that it loses a bit of HP in its new form. Guess we'll have to compare them later.
  • So Pokes that aren't in Alola form will just evolve to them later. (So yeah, if we want the originals, we'd better import them). Now to figure out what'll happen if Alola form and regular forms breed; assuming it'll be like normal rules (they inherit the form of the mother/non-Ditto parent)
  • Yeah, those were Ultra balls and other non-standard ones.
  • Team Skull is hip hop-based; well, they did kinda have that vibe to begin with though.

Saw the Japanese trailer, so I can now offer my thoughts on the stuff from last night.

[spoiler=Thoughts]

- Team Skull grunts using Nest Balls and the Admin using an Ultra Ball, very interesting. Nice to see AI trainers using different balls this time round.

- The new mushroom 'mon is ok, we haven't seen anything spectacular from it yet. Grass/Fairy seems neat though.

- The sea cucumber seems interesting. Pure Water and its ability is like Destiny Bond, though I suspect that it's only for Physical attacks

- Alola Raichu looks like Raichu and Audino were tossed into a blender (and fused together by Academia). Electric/Psychic is interesting though.

- Seeing as there is no Alola Cubone or Pikachu, we can assume that there is no Alola Exeggcute

Physical works better largely because of the Think Club. Granted it might have a totally different custom item, so who know. Personally I'd be fine with either pure physical or special, but mix would likely never work. Assuming the BST is the same as normal Marowak I can't see how you get a good distribution with it that supports both its physical and special stats.

Japanese trailer.

Looks like Alola forms don't always start at the base form. Interesting.

Team Skull confirmed douchebag cult.

Also looking like Trainers, at least important ones, stay in frame during battles and look like they actually are directing their pokemon. Awesome.

For the purpose of reviewing, I'll use the Japanese names from the video (Pokemon-wise). Some HP observations have been made as well; assume that the range is perfect IVs to 0 IVs, with no effort points (take them with a grain of salt though, because I am assuming there are no EVs and they might've done so here)

• Yowashi's ability (the fish one that changes form) does look like it reverts to base form if it reaches a certain HP. Think the school form has better offensive power, but we'll have to wait/see. HP is about 38/39 - 54 (66 HP and level 27)
  • Nemashu (the mushroom one) is okay for now; just have to see what it's capable of doing. It's the first Grass/Fairy to actually start as one (not considering Cottonee/Whimsciott as such, because they got type changed a generation after conception)
  • Namakobushi (sea cucumber) looks interesting enough; ability does seem like Destiny Bond, which will pretty kill anything that faints it with a move. Yeah, that's pretty nice. Oh right, and looks to be a bulky mon (well, 79 HP at level 23 gives base 85-100 if there are no EVs)
  • Gumshoos/Dekagoose (or Trump the Pokemon) has base 80 - 95 HP given specs in-game (94 HP at level 29; during the battle with Guzuma)
  • Alola Meowth looks better in-game, although design is still meh
  • Alola Marowak is cool (and yeah, hopefully it stays Physical because Thick Club exists and yeah, base 80 Attack is still average by our standards)
  • Alola Raichu's design is kinda weird though (not saying it's bad, but just seems that Gamefreak threw it and Audino in a blender and this is the result). I don't know if they're using a Raichu with imperfect IVs, but it does seem that it loses a bit of HP in its new form. Guess we'll have to compare them later.
  • So Pokes that aren't in Alola form will just evolve to them later. (So yeah, if we want the originals, we'd better import them). Now to figure out what'll happen if Alola form and regular forms breed; assuming it'll be like normal rules (they inherit the form of the mother/non-Ditto parent)
  • Yeah, those were Ultra balls and other non-standard ones.
  • Team Skull is hip hop-based; well, they did kinda have that vibe to begin with though.

How did you calc these? Did they release stats?

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

So if Alolan forms don't start with Base Forms, how do we get the non-Alolan forms? 

Maybe the forms stick to a particular island, or ​we get to go back to kalos ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sorry just really wanna go back because we did not get enough time there

Due to its rarity and fearsome appearance, Alolan Marowak has been dubbed a conjurer!

Also, its signature move is described as such:

The Alolan Marowak proves skilled at an attack in which it waves its bones and releases a ball of flame. The fireballs are not that powerful, but they tirelessly pursue the foe.

Kinda sounds like a Fire-type Swift, but also sounds special. It would kinda suck if Alolan Marowak was special, 'cos Thick Club loses any usefulness.

Way too high. More like 55, combining the info from the Japanese trailer with the English trailer.

Fun Fact:

162.jpg

This is the Pikachu from the First Season Episode "Pi-Kahuna" where a blue-eyed Pikachu has a six-sense about the waves that are incoming. Why does this matter?

Because we now have a blue-eyed psychic surfing Raichu. IT ALL COMES BACK TOGETHER

maxresdefault_thumb-8.jpg

Archived