Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alolan Marowak confirmed to have Cursed Body / Lightning Rod.

It's immune to burn, trapping and Thunder Wave? it cool

Lightning Rod is a BIG deal on it. If its a physical sweeper you can't status it to eats two main stats and if its a special one Rod will give you a special boost. Not to mention it gives you a 3rd immunity making it insanely good defensively since more than half the types can't do normal damage to it. If the stats end up being spread out correctly this thing can be an insanely good Pokemon.

Only 26 hours until the new information becomes official.

Granted it has some pretty severe weaknesses (Knock Off and Scald are two of the best moves in the game atm) but this really really helps. Ghost is both crap and great defensively. Weak to Dark and Ghost sucks but immune to Normal and Fighting is great.

Its hard to get a Pokemon that doesn't have some really bad weakness at this point. And even if it has one you can still work around it if the stats are good enough. Problem is Marowak normally has a REALLY low BST so it certainly faces and uphill battle to have a good stat spread.

Its hard to get a Pokemon that doesn't have some really bad weakness at this point. And even if it has one you can still work around it if the stats are good enough. Problem is Marowak normally has a REALLY low BST so it certainly faces and uphill battle to have a good stat spread.

Looking at that Marowak I imagine it would be a mixed attacked. Probably not much speed, but I do predict it getting speed boosting moves, such as Flame Charge.

I imagine it's faster than normal Marowak. It's slimmer in design.

Also, Alolan Raichu's ability doubles speed in Electric terrain. Sounds amazing. Glad they're making terrain matter a bit more too.

Maybe but Marowak is slim in general, compared to others, but is really slow. So unsure on that. I still predict it'd be on the lower end.

That could be good. Nasty Plot away! It better learn Surf normally. Then it'd be a serious threat. Granted Lightning Rod is still the better ability imo.

Looking at that Marowak I imagine it would be a mixed attacked. Probably not much speed, but I do predict it getting speed boosting moves, such as Flame Charge.

I really hope it isn't mix. I'm working under the assumption that it will have a BST of 425 and you REALLY can't split focus with such a low BST to work with.

Physical would be the better of the two options since Flame Charge would be very good, the burn immunity is huge, and you could use Thick Club, but you have the down side of Ghost not really having good physical moves. That could change though.

Perhaps there will be a new move or two that will be able to help it out in the Speed Department?

Also possible. The fact that you can't be paralyzed when your already super slow does mitigate that benefit.

I imagine it's faster than normal Marowak. It's slimmer in design.

Also, Alolan Raichu's ability doubles speed in Electric terrain. Sounds amazing. Glad they're making terrain matter a bit more too.

That would certainly help it for the offensive role.

Yea, that is really cool. Hopefully we'll see more abilities to make the other terrains better.

Yeah, I think they'll just stick to general Pokes that can be found on the maps and all. I'd probably like to see Alolan versions of Pokes from Johto and onwards, but that may be asking too much, considering the amount of stuff that's already confirmed at this time. Would be nice though, but not going to be peeved if they aren't.

I'll give my thoughts on the newer Pokes that've been shown so far later on (I did see them, but haven't made a remark about them yet).

I was thinking they'd have Alolan Johto starters just cause of the whole "Megas from Gen 1 and 3" thing but idk

Also anyone else thinks the mushroom looks like a Popsicle?

I wish the mushroom weren't grass/fairy because we already have that and mushrooms aren't plants to begin with. It would be much better as a Fairy/Poison :1

idk why we're assuming this is a physical attacker when we've already had implications that they're changing stats

I think this looks like a mixed or special attacker, if anything, given how much skinnier it is than OG marowak/the types moreso fit special attacking.

idk why we're assuming this is a physical attacker when we've already had implications that they're changing stats

I think this looks like a mixed or special attacker, if anything, given how much skinnier it is than OG marowak/the types moreso fit special attacking.

Agreed. But I hope it's more physical. Cause we already have Chandlure

Physical works better largely because of the Think Club. Granted it might have a totally different custom item, so who know. Personally I'd be fine with either pure physical or special, but mix would likely never work. Assuming the BST is the same as normal Marowak I can't see how you get a good distribution with it that supports both its physical and special stats.

Japanese trailer.

Looks like Alola forms don't always start at the base form. Interesting.

Archived