Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

A sea cucumber pretty much confirms the Chinese leak then. Look forward to a monkey, dolphin, snowman and mushroom Pokemon then. And further helps confirm Rockruff turns into a werewolf.

Everything there sounds interesting, but I've never conceived of a snowman pokémon and now I just really want that to be a thing.

Where are these leaks that everyone knows about, 4chan?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything there sounds interesting, but I've never conceived of a snowman pokémon and now I just really want that to be a thing.

Where are these leaks that everyone knows about, 4chan?

There is a 4chan leak. The Chinese leak that includes the sea cucumber info and so on is from a Smogon user.

*sigh* i got it

http://i.imgur.com/95Dyyn8.jpg

Link to the 4 relevant leaks so far.

While there is some misinformation involved, don't write them off based on that.

For example, YGO leakers often mix in outright lies with their truths, because it makes the fly a bit more under the radar, and it's entirely believable in these cases, especially the "Real Leaks".

A sea cucumber pretty much confirms the Chinese leak then. Look forward to a monkey, dolphin, snowman and mushroom Pokemon then. And further helps confirm Rockruff turns into a werewolf.

Oh great a new mushroom pokemon the last one was so great yeah funk amoongus

Dolphin and Snowman sound great. Wonder if the snowman will be a ice/ghost like the sand castle.

Rockruff should evolve into Rai's avi

I just thought of something....

shirodesuna.jpg

"It steals the life force from other Pokemon. Those Pokemon's grudges turn into a new Sunaba"

sunabaa.jpg

Sunaba is one of these grudges that's hidden under a bunch of sand.

Now despite the fact Shirodesuna says the grudges turn into more Sunaba, you find it strange how there is a Pikachu playing with This thing(as depicted in it's preview image), when we also have Mimikyu?

mimikyu.png

And Mimikyu is basically a ghost that's hidden under something.

8c6.gif

Are we claiming that the Pikachu disguise is the skin of a dead Pikachu mauled by a sandcastle?

I think he means that Mimikyuu is a dead Pikachu that desperately wants to be a Pikachu again.

ALSO THEORY THYME

The Leak said Mashadow would also have a unique typing. Hard to really determine what it's name is standing for. It might be wrong because it's in Japanese, but obviously, in English, the "shadow" part of it seems obvious, but it also allows for notice of the first part "Ma"– which in Japanese refers to negative space. Obviously "negative space" can refer to painting but, from wikipedia:

Ma is not something that is created by compositional elements; it is the thing that takes place in the imagination of the human who experiences these elements. Therefore, ma can be defined as experiential place understood with emphasis on interval.

So considering that the legendaries are taking stuff from Alchemy, Mashadow is likely representing either the in-between where a solution is not one or another element, or the green solution in which alchemical reactions take place. Remember that the alchemical symbol of a Lion eating the Sun is a metaphor for the idea that Mercury would cause the reaction that creates gold (which is why Solgaleo is a Steel type. Because it's literally made out of gold.)

Alchemists thought of mercury as the First Matter from which all metals were formed. They believed that different metals could be produced by varying the quality and quantity of sulfur contained within the mercury. The purest of these was gold, and mercury was called for in attempts at the transmutation of base (or impure) metals into gold, which was the goal of many alchemists.

MORE INTERESTINGLY THOUGH is the Kanji behind "Ma". Take a look at this:

This Japanese kanji "Chinese character" 間 graphically combines 門 "door" and 日 "sun". The earlier variant character 閒 was written with 月 "moon" rather than "sun", depicting "A 門 door through the crevice of which the 月 moonshine peeps in".

Interesting that "Ma" both used the kanji for Sun AND Moon. In general, it could be taken that Mashadow also refers to the negative space, or shadow, that fills the sky between the sun and the moon.

So knowing Mashadow has a unique typing and using this handy chart of what types are still to be used after Gen VI and subtracting from the new ones we already know, there are a few ways I see this going.

Option 1: Mashadow also has a Psychic typing like the other two legendaries giving us either Psychic/Poison, Psychic/Electric, or Bug/Psychic. Poison makes sense for Mercury, and Electric could make sense as a catalyst.

Option 2: Mashadow is either a Ghost or Dark Pokemon to counteract the other two, so the most likely candidates would be Dark/Fairy, Dark/Electric, possibly Ghost/Normal, or hopefully not Dark/Normal. I'm not particularly a fan of any of these, and since Lunala is already Ghost/Psychic, Dark seems more likely of the two.

Option 3: Mashadow really takes on the catalyst mercury thing which could be Poison/Electric, Fairy/Fire, or Electric/Psychic.

My personal guess is that Mashadow will be Psychic/Poison, but it might not work because thematically, it wouldn't change anything since Solgaleo and Lunala would hold a type advantage (though perhaps that makes sense, since Silver and Gold are already considered purified metals.) After that, Psychic/Electric and Dark/Electric are the two I'd look at, since the best use, imo, would be Dark/Fire, but that's not a unique typing.

DOUBLE POST OF IMPORTANCE

[spoiler=Possible Alolan Raichu Psychic Surfing on its own goddam tail]

yovZWNF.jpg

[spoiler=other potential leaks]

thing we saw earlier today:

1470861470324.jpg

the mushroom:

1470861305943.jpg

and the fish we already know about:

wh0L90h.jpg

Wishiwashi is a funking monster holy sheet.

ALSO

tumblr_inline_obpn8fukLb1rmuh86_540.jpg

That's not the mouth

tumblr_inline_obpn8sXpv31rmuh86_540.gif

IT DA BOOTY

Wishiwashi is a great name, by the way. イワシ (iwashi) means sardine, making the name fun to say and extra pun-licious.

Not to mention pyukumuku literally has puke in its name.

Wishiwashi is a great name, by the way. イワシ (iwashi) means sardine, making the name fun to say and extra pun-licious.

Edit: Y'all, the leak's real.

http://webm.land/media/9HEN.webm

Looks damn badass. Gotta say though, isn't this functionally just an evolution anyway? We'll have to wait for more info.

I wasn't super impressed by the design in the CoroCoro leaks, but holy crap does it looks awesome in game. Really curious to know how it works.

WISHIWASHI OMG THAT IS PERFECT

That Raichu is actually kinda...disappointing. Should've been Water/Psychic cause why not.

So Schooling is based on level? So at a certain level it doesn't "evolve" but instead transforms? That's cool. Legit.

"Get Schooled by Wishiwashi"
Okay this might be my favorite besides the Grass mantis.

Edit: Y'all, the leak's real.

http://webm.land/media/9HEN.webm

Looks damn badass. Gotta say though, isn't this functionally just an evolution anyway? We'll have to wait for more info.

Rai....why did something go to my downloads when I clicked that link.....

I cleared all downloads, and restarded, so I'm hoping things are ok. If something did happen....

OT: Well depending on the moveset, I may have just found my Water Pokemon I'll be using.

Robin Hoot

Mimikyu

Icetails ( TBD )

Wishiwashi ( TBD )

Vikavolt ( TBD )

???

Rai....why did something go to my downloads when I clicked that link.....

I cleared all downloads, and restarded, so I'm hoping things are ok. If something did happen....

OT: Well depending on the moveset, I may have just found my Water Pokemon I'll be using.

Robin Hoot

Mimikyu

Icetails ( TBD )

Wishiwashi

Vikavolt ( TBD )

???

Depending on your browser, .webm files sometimes auto-download instead of playing in-browser. The file's fine. It's just a video of Wishiwashi.

Also about her....Why does....why does she look like the someone threw freaking Junko Enoshima, Jessie, and the Electric Gym Leader from Gen 5 into a blender, and this was the result? Or like a bad pirate version of Loverina from XD?

I mean I kind of like the design, just a bit weird.

Archived