Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ghosts are prevalent. Who's to say Phoebe won't be the champ? She fits the setting.

Also from what I could tell, we see only the grunts and two admins. Wouldn't it be funny if the leader of Team Skull was female. We have female champions  so why not?

Actually there would be a lot if inappropriate fanart if Team Skull's female leader had skulls for a bikini, and shoes. Think about it.

…Actually, given the skull motif and the grunt designs, is it possible they're just pirates? Like, proper pirates, not like Team Aqua?

I also got a Team Aqua vibe from them. 

I have hopes, considering with each Gen, the Big Bad seems to be getting more and more evil.

Giovanni goes MIA after losing to Red. ( Then again after losing to the player in the HGSS Celebi Event )

Archie and Maxie change their ways.

Cryus, Ghettis, and Lysandre.... I think its safe to say they are easily the most evil of the six Villian Team Leaders to date. 

For most evil, hard to top the sheer dickery Ghetsis has though. Unlike the others, his dickery in evilness is pretty damn elaborate and has been set up for quite a while and his motive is entirely selfish. Lysandre is a genocidal maniac but at least he's somewhat sympathetic (and is pretty insane), and outside of his plans (and bombing those lakes), Cyrus didn't do something superbly evil as setting up an animal-rights group as a mask for a mission for conquest and ruining a kid's entire life just for said goal. Not to mention Ghetsis is the first character in the games to actually legit try to straight up kill you. He's sane, he has a goal, and that makes him even more wicked.

So in a way Lysandre is a step down from Ghetsis in evilness, and both Ghetsis and him is a step down from Cyrus in scale. Though I think he's the only one that has some shred of sympathetic vibe to him, not counting Cyrus' small backstory and definitely not counting N.

Hard to think Skull's leader to top any of the three in either category.

As long as we get a good backstory as to how the leader of Team Skull is how he is, then I'm good, but yeah I don't think he'll be as evil as say the recent leaders.

Is it just me, or do they seem to be playing around with Ghost-Type in this region?

Also that Sandcastle Pokemon is totally Desertman:
desertman_exe3.png

That reminds me of Bouldergeist from Super Mario Galaxy.

Team Skull seem aesthetically a bit too much like Team Aqua to me, but at least they seem a bit more realistically designed.

I wanna see how the fish Pokémon works, cos that's a damn dramatic form change.

Also, yay for Fire-type Marowak. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets up to RU or even UU if it gets a good Ghost and Fire STAB. Ghost/Fire as a typing has a cool niche, and it looks to do something completely different from Chandelure anyway.

I MIGHT actually end up using the Big Fish for my Water-Type. 

EDIT- UHHHH.... So...If I am reading Serebi right, I THINK the two Fish are the same Pokemon. Not an evolutionary line.....

It has the ability to change its form from a Single Form of a solitary fish to the School Form of a large fish made up of lots of little fish

Yeah, the big fish is just an ability transformation. Gamefreak seems big on making transformation based abilities this gen, considering Complete Forme and Minior, as well as just alt forms in general (Oricario and Alola form pokemon).

Well I mean that isn't exactly a bad thing. If anything, it would be a good way to try and help some Pokemon get a bit stronger. 

What's-his-face just kind of looks like Archie. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. He does look less overtly ridiculous than previous bosses since say Gen 4. I swear I've seen him somewhere before though.

Yay, sand castle Pokémon.

I see Team Skull's leader as a Gary/Blue-type more than anything.

If he doesn't say smell ya later I will be disappoint.

So much for there being a female boss, not counting Giovanni's mom from the anime.

Also this has to be said, Bewear could be the equivalent of Heavy from TF2:

"If there was ever a mascot to represent Alola, Bewear would darn well be the top contender. Everywhere you look in official Pokemon Sun and Moon media, be it on loading screens, any promotional posters or boxart made for the game, or even the BACKLANDS OF YOUR NIGHTMARES, Bewear would be there to greet you with a hug."

I see Team Skull's leader as a Gary/Blue-type more than anything.

If he doesn't say smell ya later I will be disappoint.

I wouldn't count on it. Although, wasn't there a rumor that like Cynthia, Looker, N, Zinnia, Gary/Blue, AZ, and or Lance ( might have accidentally added in a few who weren't in the rumor ) or whatever were all going to make appearances? I mean Looker is a given, but the others, who knows.

Though there is something that reminds me of. Current theory is Sun/Moon is after X/Y timeline wise. I DON'T THINK that is confirmed, but its probably true.

We know that in Gens 1/3, Looker lost his memory, and at some point in between Gens 2/4, he recovered. Was it mentioned what happened to Looker, or where he went after X/Y?

By the way, says here that Alola Meowth was bred by the Region's Royal Family or something. Hm....

Is it just me, or do they seem to be playing around with Ghost-Type in this region?

Also that Sandcastle Pokemon is totally Desertman:

desertman_exe3.png

Guessing that one of the island challenges features Ghost Types. Marowak is a Fire/Ghost, and one of the guides is a fire trainer, not to mention that in Hoenn volcanic mountains had symbolism with ghosts. An Oricorio form is also a Ghost-Type, and hints that there's one for each island, which connects to Tapu-Koko because there's an electric Oricorio too.

Ghosts are p important, it seems.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Okay, theory, and a crazy one.

If Alolan Pokemon were made especially for Alola, it seems to me that they're likely designed that way because the original forms are either scarce, nonexistent, or in a different location. It could be that there are different forms based on the island you're in, but it could also mean a return to Kalos, also potentially evident because of Alola's lack of Pokemon League.

Doesn't mean the world, but it's a possibility, I personally think.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Shirodesuna might be competitively viable if it's bulky enough. Grounds usually get Stealth Rocks, Ghosts usually get Destiny Bond, Taunt, Curse, and other stuff, and maybe it'll have Recover or something.

HM's may be obsolete, but what about TM's? Also, you think Gen 7's sister game will be called Pokemon Star or Pokemon Eclipse?

And I think the sandcastle's ability should be Arena Trap.

And NO gyms, no E4, just why?

And the Marowak with fire, Fire dancer.

Considering it seems to have some kind of quicksand thing going on in that picture with Pikachu, it seems highly likely.

I wouldn't count on it. Although, wasn't there a rumor that like Cynthia, Looker, N, Zinnia, Gary/Blue, AZ, and or Lance ( might have accidentally added in a few who weren't in the rumor ) or whatever were all going to make appearances? I mean Looker is a given, but the others, who knows.

Though there is something that reminds me of. Current theory is Sun/Moon is after X/Y timeline wise. I DON'T THINK that is confirmed, but its probably true.

We know that in Gens 1/3, Looker lost his memory, and at some point in between Gens 2/4, he recovered. Was it mentioned what happened to Looker, or where he went after X/Y?

By the way, says here that Alola Meowth was bred by the Region's Royal Family or something. Hm....

I heard a theory a while ago, which to be fair has little backing it up, that the post-game would include the formation of an Alolan Pokemon League. Which /may/ imply it comes before ALL previous games, and tells the story of the creation of Pokemon Leagues and other systems in the Pokemon World(s), and why they were needed. Perhaps Team Skull will play a role in the necessity for such an institution.

I heard a theory a while ago, which to be fair has little backing it up, that the post-game would include the formation of an Alolan Pokemon League. Which /may/ imply it comes before ALL previous games, and tells the story of the creation of Pokemon Leagues and other systems in the Pokemon World(s), and why they were needed. Perhaps Team Skull will play a role in the necessity for such an institution.

that's one of the rumors, so not that farfetched

Zen Mode Darmanitan has made me leery of transformation abilities. Often cool ideas, terrible in practice. We'll see.

Zen mode Darmanitan is terrible because you're turning something frail and decently fast (and physical, to boot) into a bulky special attacker....that can't do sheet because it has crappy typing, speed, and starts at 50% HP or even less, and that's assuming Darmanitan even survives, what's with Flare Blitz being its best move.

It's really just executed terribly.

Meanwhile, Minior is literally an improvement over Darmanitan's concept, and all that they did was to swap the two roles. You start with something bulky and slow-ish that won't get killed by any decently strong attack in one hit, then once it turns unusable as a wall it becomes pretty fast.

Of course without details and stats we can't really guess whether it'll end up working better than Darmanitan or not.

Basically though the point is, it's not the mechanic that's the issue, it's Darmanitan's terrible design as a 'mon.

at least all alolan cubone mothers are actually dead this time

Zen Mode Darmanitan has made me leery of transformation abilities. Often cool ideas, terrible in practice. We'll see.

It depends on what the change causes.

Zen Mode Darmanitan switches its typing and becomes a special attacker. It's hard to build EVs and a movepool based on that. Not even considering the speed it loses making it more susceptible to attacks when it's below 50% health.

Like Nai said. If Minior starts off as a good wall and becomes a good attacker when it gets below 50% health, it has the capacity to be a good pokémon.

Wonder if the fish will be any good.

Archived