Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

There are reports of Alola Jynx and Vaproeon. The pictures look fake. Especially since one says "Wild Vaporeon Appeared!"

......You've NEVER been able to find wild Eeveelutions.

well we need pics to make a decision, but your last point is bad =x

The gen has shaken up so many standards that "but trends" isn't an argument anymore.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well we need pics to make a decision, but your last point is bad =x

The gen has shaken up so many standards that "but trends" isn't an argument anymore.

That's not why I say it's bad. Wild Vaporeon would be a meh decision because it ruins the entire idea of Eevee honestly.

Though it's not a great argument simply cause they could've just made a "wild" Vaporeon for trailer purposes.

But yeah figured it was fake. Simply cause Alolan forms of Eeveelutions is a terrible idea.

Alolan Eevee, however...or an evolution, possibly.

I mean it's a terrible idea because by principle making Alolan forms of eeveelutions would mean that either they gain another typing or retain their typing jst with maybe a different ability and body shape (like the one shown in the fake screenshots), which....pretty much means they're more or less a waste of Alolan form slots because either they going to directly outclass/get outclassed by their proper form for no real reasons, or they just bring very little to the table and have the bare minimum of design personality that makes them a waste of space compared to other things that'd be more interesting to see the Alolan forms off.

And really, not even considered saying they change typing completely because that pretty much ruins the point of eeveelutions.

Aside from our rival's name (Hau), there hasn't been anything regarding the canon names for the player character so far. Maybe we'll find out next week or at a later date; for now, suppose you can call them Sun/Moon.

------
For those of you who are curious, Hawaiian words for moon and sun are [mahina] and [lā] respectively; at least the general definition anyway.

I am not saying that the rivals will be named in Hawaiian given Alola's origin; maybe they will, but not necessarily from the words for moon/sun (the female one, maybe, as it is an actual name for girls here). Otherwise, they can name them something else. Take the naming idea with a grain of salt. 

waste of Alolan form slots

What do you mean by "slots"? Is there a limit to the amount of alolan forms they're going to make that I'm not aware of?

Additional forms, characters, or features in any game is always about whether the creators feel like putting in the time and effort to add them. There's no "slots" to fill...

What do you mean by "slots"? Is there a limit to the amount of alolan forms they're going to make that I'm not aware of?

Additional forms, characters, or features in any game is always about whether the creators feel like putting in the time and effort to add them. There's no "slots" to fill...

They obviously aren't going to want to overload people with them so, yes, there are, in a sense, slots.

The slots argument is pretty dumb. It doesn't really work with fighting games, and it most certainly doesn't apply to Pokemon.

It doesn't work with fighting games because almost always more fighting characters is better. And the entire game is based around those characters.

It applies to Pokemon because more forms isn't always better.

Especially when doing a new thing. They won't want to have too many for multiple reasons.

1.) To make sure it works

2.) To not overload people with too much of a new thing

3.) To not spend too much time without having had a chance to test people's reactions and opinions

It's not properly slot, per se.

The "slot" here is pretty much arbitrary rather than something actually tangible.

you can't just make an alolan form for everyone from G1 (or even beyond) and put it here, otherwise the regional dex would be way too big which would make things pretty overwhelming. In something unprecedented in Pokemon before, we're getting additional full variation of old mons in addition to the newcomers AND the normal, non-alternate old mons we'll get in the regional dex. In this case, adding Alolan eeveelution would make the dex more oversaturated with new contents than it already is, and they don't bring new and interesting personality as much as what the other alolan forms we have so far, so I don't think the designers would bother putting alolan eevee over other things they can put in the regional dex.

The slots argument amounts to how time gets used. They exist insofar as game development doesn't have unlimited time. You eventually reach a pencils down moment when nothing new can get added to the game. As such working on A means less time to work on thing B, C, or D. The biggest complication in regards to the new forms is that functionally they are new Pokemon. Mega Evolutions had a similar issue, so working on them means they have less time to work on other, totally new Pokemon. I doubt they are as developmentally taxing as an out and out new Pokemon, but they will realistically only spend so much time working them since the focus of any new generation is always the brand new Pokemon and they can't both make tons of new Pokemon and tons of forms for older ones.

Especially when doing a new thing. They won't want to have too many for multiple reasons.

1.) To make sure it works

2.) To not overload people with too much of a new thing

3.) To not spend too much time without having had a chance to test people's reactions and opinions

Yeah, they probs want to test the waters, so they're only going to have so many to see how people react.

Do you think there will be a criminal organization in Alola?

Given we've now thrown 2+ traditions out the window, there's no real way to say with any confidence. I hope there is because the alchemy theory is fun, but at the same time it'd be interesting if instead of criminals, we had to fight some less human force.

I'm wondering if they're gonna go with more of a small scale thing or large scale thing. Like, compare Team Rocket's plans and goals to Team Galactic's.

Actually, you know what would be cool, since they're already changing so many things up? Having a villain that actually breaks the rules of Pokemon, like having more than 6 Pokemon in his party or something even more drastic. Criminals tend not to follow laws, after all.

I think scale-wise Galactic is still the pinnacle of evil organization since they outright want to remake the world. Plasma (Ghetsis) just wanting domination is a step-down and Flare wanting genocide is a bit of a step up from Plasma.

It's pretty weird that there's no marketing on the antagonists so far when we're just 3 months away from release, but if it doesn't have any, I think it's going to be an interesting twist on the series.

Ooooof course, since we haven't had main Legendaries fill the same role during the games so far, people are speculating Solgaleo/Lunaala as serving as the villain for one reason or another but idk.

I think scale-wise Galactic is still the pinnacle of evil organization since they outright want to remake the world. Plasma (Ghetsis) just wanting domination is a step-down and Flare wanting genocide is a bit of a step up from Plasma.

It's pretty weird that there's no marketing on the antagonists so far when we're just 3 months away from release, but if it doesn't have any, I think it's going to be an interesting twist on the series.

Ooooof course, since we haven't had main Legendaries fill the same role during the games so far, people are speculating Solgaleo/Lunaala as serving as the villain for one reason or another but idk.

When was it that we learned about Flare for XY? I do agree its getting a little late, but we still have at least 1 other announcement before this month is over.

Keep in mind Plasma is PETA combined with actual Terrorists.

Rocket was the Yakuza ( Japanese Mafia ) combined with Corrupt Corporations

Magma and Aqua were Eco Terrorists

Flare was a Death Cult obsessed with being stylish.

As for if we will have one. If we don't we will likely have SOME kind of antagonistic group. Afterall, what's a story without a villain?

It is indeed possible we might find out about the evil team next week.

EDIT -....Actually, there might be one other thing besides the Legendary Pokemon that could be the big bad if there is no villian team. Though this would likely work WITH the Legendary Pokemon......Though the more and more I type this out, the more ridiculous this sounds..... The Region itself could. Like a volcano would erupt and destroy it, you go to stop it, the Legendary Pokemon blocks the way, you fight it..... This sounded a lot better in my head to be completely honest......

Archived