Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i.imgur.com/95Dyyn8.jpg

Link to the 4 relevant leaks so far.

While there is some misinformation involved, don't write them off based on that.

For example, YGO leakers often mix in outright lies with their truths, because it makes the fly a bit more under the radar, and it's entirely believable in these cases, especially the "Real Leaks".

What?!

I mean I'm not surprised at all by Looker and Cynthia, but Blue, Zinnia, Lance, and AZ are a surprise. Next up they'll announce N in here too. I'm curious to see if this ends up true.

Looker is a given, since he's been in EVERY main game since Platinum. Cynthia is likely, given she shows up often too, and is a fan favorite.

We will be getting all past gen mythical pokemon before the year is up. Remember, currently Arceus is being disrupted from Gamestop.

I was talking about if Genesect and Meloetta will also be added to Sun and Moon. Think about it:

Genesect codes will be available from November 1st to the 24th, and Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will be available on November 18th.

http://i.imgur.com/95Dyyn8.jpg

Link to the 4 relevant leaks so far.

While there is some misinformation involved, don't write them off based on that.

For example, YGO leakers often mix in outright lies with their truths, because it makes the fly a bit more under the radar, and it's entirely believable in these cases, especially the "Real Leaks".

If true, Litten's final evo looks lame, Popolio's looks better than it's initial form but still eh. #Rowletmasterrace looks perfect.

I'm more/less fine with Popplio's final evolution [even if it's a bit too feminine for my liking], Litten pretty much turned into a wrestler (looks cool though) and Rowlett is neutral on. Now to see the mid-stage ones and yeah, the stat spread; so far, starter choice hasn't changed too much.

As for that other member's question. likely not (you'll have to transfer them over from XY/ORAS). I'd go with us getting Magearna instead. 

I was talking about if Genesect and Meloetta will also be added to Sun and Moon. Think about it:

Genesect codes will be available from November 1st to the 24th, and Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will be available on November 18th (or 23rd if you're in Europe).

Bear in mind that the 20th anniversary events were announced before Sun and Moon were announced, so they'll still be via Gen 6, but require transfer to SM.

As for the leaks, I won't comment on them just in case (am taking them with a grain of salt).

Right, Popplio's final being a fusion of Ariel and Rudolf? I hope that it is not the final form. And really, Fire/Fighting again? We'll have to wait and see on August 12th.

On another note I hope they bring back Mega evo and Gym Leaders. Especially since there is still no Dark Type Gym Leader.

If I remember correctly, said AR code came with Pokemon Ga-Ole (or whatever that game is called that isn't available outside Japan). Might be a different distribution for us, but yeah, it's AR.

Right, Popplio's final being a fusion of Ariel and Rudolph? I hope that it is not the final form. And really, Fire/Fighting again? We'll have to wait and see on August 12th.

On another note I hope they bring back Mega evo and Gym Leaders. Especially since there is still no Dark Type Gym Leader.

At least it's not 5 generations in a row you get Fire/Fighting (Delphox at least broke that trend in the middle). Could be pure Fire or something, but final forms may be different from these leaks. Just take them with a grain of salt for now.

I'd think they haven't abandoned the mechanic, but they're doing quite a bit already with the games (including the Z-moves and other things) so might not have room. As for gym leaders, we don't know for certain if the island challenges are replacing standard gyms; looks like they are. Can't say about the E4/Champion though.

I'm a bit annoyed by the possibility of the Fire starter being yet another Fire/Fighting. This would be the 4th one, right? I hoped they would cut the trend after Delphox.

Still, Litten remains as my preferred starter of this generation.

Owl archer's an awesome idea. Full support.

I actually really like pro wrestler cat, though another Fire/Fighting is pretty ridiculous. Though I suppose it could still be a Fire/Dark or something.

Mermaid seal is fine with me, I really want it to be Water/Fairy.

On a side note, does anyone remember how long it took Smogon and the internet to decide the best natures and EV distribution for the starters in XY? Now that I actually care about that stuff, I'd rather start things off with Rowlet that way rather than breeding another one later.

Owl archer's an awesome idea. Full support.

I actually really like pro wrestler cat, though another Fire/Fighting is pretty ridiculous. Though I suppose it could still be a Fire/Dark or something.

Mermaid seal is fine with me, I really want it to be Water/Fairy.

On a side note, does anyone remember how long it took Smogon and the internet to decide the best natures and EV distribution for the starters in XY? Now that I actually care about that stuff, I'd rather start things off with Rowlet that way rather than breeding another one later.

Usually takes Smogon a couple weeks or so to determine ideal natures/EVs/movesets for new 'mons (and also recalibrate older generation stuff). Have to determine what its base stats are and what it can learn (plus powers); in this case, also have to factor in Z-moves if they'll increase anything. You can probably function without exact numbers for a while, but you'll have to guess between a suspected range of stuff (i.e. what are the two extremes from 0 IVs to perfect). Legendaries might be slightly easier because they'll already have 31 IVs in three areas.

So yeah, it'll take them a while to figure that out.

Ftr it's most likely it's Fire/Ground.

I would be so confused. That doesn't look very Ground to me XD

I could see Dark though, but, it's odd given that it looks either pure fire or fire/fighting.

I do like the design however. I don't care if it is Fire/Fighting...I just will care because people will be complaining for years to come.

Rowlet's is good, I'm fine with it.

Popi...expected it to be something like that. It has Lenora's hair for some reason.

tbh I'm a little disappointed in Pop's. It makes sense but it also feels sort of...lackluster.

I like the other two though.

Well consider Groudon (especially Primal Groudon), Gliscor, Golurk, Nidoqueen/Nidoking, Swampert, Garchomp, & Zygarde.

Lot of variety.

That is true. I'd figure he'd look more...bulky looking than that though. Especially compared to those. They are very...er, Grounded. Besides Gliscor who is the oddball.

I was thinking of Camerupt.

Ftr it's most likely it's Fire/Ground.

The siren looks Water/Fairy like the JP official site "leak" mentioned in its 6 listed types.

Grass

Flying

Ground

Fire

Water

Fairy

In that order.

Wasn't it Fighting instead of Fairy?

And you know you're desperate when you're begging for the Fire Starter to become Fire/Ground in the end XD

That is true. I'd figure he'd look more...bulky looking than that though. Especially compared to those. They are very...er, Grounded. Besides Gliscor who is the oddball.

I was thinking of Camerupt.

Are you claiming you can't be a Ground-Type if you're not pudgy? What a shame... XD XD XD

I feel like it's more likely to be Fire/Dark since it looks like a wrestling heel. With how Litten looks calm and composed at first but evolves into something this emotional (and iirc the notes on the sheet said the supposed evo uses anything it can use in battles), it does make the Face-Heel Turn theming actually plausible.

Really doubting it'd be Fire Fighting at least, because it would completely screw Litten up in the triangle of starters since he'd be disadvantageous to both Rowlet's evo and Popplio's evo, assuming Grass/Flying and Water/Fairy.

I'd be fine with Litten evolving into a Fire/Dark; would probably be the first Pokemon in a while to have that combination (behind Houndoom's evo line if I remember correctly). To be honest, I don't really see it evolving into a Ground-type either (doing so will really screw its chances against Popplio, and limiting it to only Fire STAB on Rowlett because of type stuff); not saying that it CAN'T become Ground though. 

But yeah, I'm going to take the starter leaks with some uncertainty until the update next week (if those are being addressed); there are a few other things that we'd still like to get sorted out that are unrelated to them.

THough thinking about it, it did happen with Empoleon where both of Infernape and Torterra's secondary typing screw it over.

Either way, let's just...well, wait and hope.

In another note, there's already seemingly a lot of fanarts for the supposed leaked Popplio evo. Kinda surprising.

As for the leaks, looking from /vp/, it seems that while 1 and 2 is most likely to be actual leak (hard to brush Mallow being there as coincidence especially since it's been around for 2 months iirc), the 3 and 4 has a fair chance to be just riding the chinese leak while adding things to it. Note that there's a lot of "leaks" posted on /vp/ and #3 and #4 are two that looks more likely from the bunch due to getting things right (with a chance of it being lucky coincidence), and in case of #3, riding the consistency train with other leaks that gets more things right.

That's that for now. 

Archived