Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

They better call the ghost/fairy thing Pikaboo. Or at least Mimichu.

Not really a pedobear tail...

red-panda-01-625x350.jpg

Just a red panda tail.

Also it being a red panda means instant on-my-team status.

BUT STILL WAITING FOR THE GHOST/NORMAL POKEMON.

I thought they were going for a Red Panda with the design. I ADORE Red Pandas, but I can't get behind this one. Hopefully its just the one image we have makes it look more off than it really is in game.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they were going for a Red Panda with the design. I ADORE Red Pandas, but I can't get behind this one. Hopefully its just the one image we have makes it look more off than it really is in game.

I think they made a mistake not turning it when they drew it. Head on it looks weirder than it does from like 3/4 angle

naaDIWc.png

Hard to pick a team this far ahead and without knowledge of the final forms (something that I hope we don't get all of the information for before release since it'd be kinda fun just making a team as I go along for once).

I think right now the mons I'm definitely going for are Rowlett, Vikavolt

And the ones I have definite interest in are Rockruff, Salandit, Kiteruguma, Mimikyuu, & Tapu Koko.

Mimikyuu and Rowlett so far, for me.

Salandit is a serious contendor, and there are a number of really good designs.

Granted, going to blind nuzlocke the game (in terms of gyms/areas/stats/etc., not pokemon) with Bree and maybe Melly when it comes out, but yeah.

Seems like a standalone to me

Standalone Pokemon have gotten pretty uncommon, but I could see it being one. And, just because I was curious (numbers ignore legendaries).

Gen 6: 5

Gen 5: 11

Gen 4: 4

Gen 3: 21 (1 got an evolution, 1 got a pre-evolution, 1 got both, and 3 have Megas)

Gen 2: 21 (6 got evolutions, 3 got pre-evolutions, and 1 got a Mega)

Gen 1: 20 (5 got evolutions, 5 got pre-evolutions, 3 got both, and 3 got Megas)

Mentioning Gen 6's number of standalone doesn't really feel like an adequate point, given that the gen is markedly smaller than anything else we

ve had, and the gen before it has a decent number.

Not Pokemon? Curious what this means exactly.

Since I was gonna do a blind Nuzlocke too but a full one.

As in we're not going to hide ourselves from Pokemon spoilers. Like we know about Drampa, Mimikyuu, Salandit, etc.

Mentioning Gen 6's number of standalone doesn't really feel like an adequate point, given that the gen is markedly smaller than anything else we

ve had, and the gen before it has a decent number.

As in we're not going to hide ourselves from Pokemon spoilers. Like we know about Drampa, Mimikyuu, Salandit, etc.

Oooooh okay so yeah I'll be doing the same. Wonder how it'll go for all of us XD

Maybe we can have a battle in the end with our champion in-game team :o

Mentioning Gen 6's number of standalone doesn't really feel like an adequate point, given that the gen is markedly smaller than anything else we've had, and the gen before it has a decent number.

Gen 6 isn't THAT much smaller than Gen 2 and 4, but it is the least interesting data point. Looking at it by proportion is likely the better way to do so than raw number, and that still does show the trend.

Gen 1: 20/151 = 13.24%

Gen 2: 21/100 = 21%

Gen 3: 21/135 = 15.56%

Gen 4: 4/107 = 3.74%

Gen 5: 10/156 = 6.41%

Gen 6: 5/72 = 6.94%

Gen 6 isn't THAT much smaller than Gen 2 and 4, but it is the least interesting data point. Looking at it by proportion is likely the better way to do so than raw number, and that still does show the trend.

Gen 1: 20/151 = 13.24%

Gen 2: 21/100 = 21%

Gen 3: 21/135 = 15.56%

Gen 4: 4/107 = 3.74%

Gen 5: 10/156 = 6.41%

Gen 6: 5/72 = 6.94%

Looking at these stats, it seems we're due for a double-digit proportion of standalones

Here's a thought...

Given the fact it's ability is 'Disguise', it's going to be similar to either Kecleon or Zoroark; srsly, given it's concept and ability, it's heavily implying some form of Type/etc manipulation.

Also it's safe to assume that it's going to known a bunch of Electric moves, which is amusing.

Looking at these stats, it seems we're due for a double-digit proportion of standalones

I don't think we're due for a large number of Pokemon since I think its an active choice on there end to cut down on standalone Pokemon as much as possible. My guess as to why is that players tend to gravitate towards Pokemon that evolve, largely because they tend to be better.

Also, I realized I should have adjusted the numbers to remove legendary Pokemon since the Pokemon I care about are standard Pokemon. Not going to count Unknown, will count Phione.

Gen 1: 20/146 = 13.7%

Gen 2: 21/96 = 21.86%

Gen 3: 21/125 = 16.8%

Gen 4: 4/93 = 4.3%

Gen 5: 10/144 = 6.94%

Gen 6: 5/66 = 7.58%

Now for some wild speculation:

Odd number Gens tend to introduce a large number of new Pokemon, and even if a handful get eaten by Megas (I think Megas are a large part of why Gen 6 is so small compared to the average) I'd still expect the new Pokemon count to max at around 120. Assuming 10 or so are legendary I'd guess at around 11 new standalone Pokemon as the high end with 8 or 9 being my expected number.

Yeah, I'd prefer if they gave us at least 100 new species this time, but I'm afraid Game Freak is making a conscious choice to reduce the number of newly-introduced mon per generation because we already have so many of them.

I'd probably like for at least 90 or so Pokes this generation, but yeah the Megas fill up the slots where newer stuff might already go. That, and we're already past the 700 mark. 

As for the new 'mons, bear is cute; ghost one is iffy. Will need to see more though.

Starter-wise, still going with the Water one unless more recent leaks give me a reason not to (will likely go for Litten if that's the case). For other 'mons, probably Vikavolt for now; gotta see what the rest of the 'mons look like (if a few are getting evolutions or not); that, and stat spread. Already pre-ordered Sun, so Solgaleo will be there somewhere.

Chances are that I'll probably have 'mons from later generations from whatever's caught on the routes; going to try not to import stuff from Gen 5/6 unless I absolutely need to.

Yeah, I'd prefer if they gave us at least 100 new species this time, but I'm afraid Game Freak is making a conscious choice to reduce the number of newly-introduced mon per generation because we already have so many of them.

I think that can also be playing a factor in the drop of new mon introduced. I still do think the Megas played a large roll since they are effectively new Pokemon, but when you get to 721 Pokemon you need to start mining the Pokemon space a little slower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyIkvadJU1Q&ab_channel=ポケモン公式YouTubeチャンネル

What is with the sentai posing?

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

CAN I RIDE ANYWHERE?

CAN I RIDE WHATEVER POKEMON IS BIG ENOUGH?

IS THAT JUST SURFING A SHARPEDO OR IS THAT ANOTHER TYPE OF RIDE THING?

DO I NOT NEED SURF ANYMORE IF THERE'S A RIDE THING EVERYWHERE?

WILL RIDING OVER SPOTS WHERE POKEMON APPEAR NOT SUCK ANYMORE?

WHAT WITH THE POSING?

WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO CALL POKEMON AMIE SINCE THEY'RE NOT IN FRANCE ANYMORE?

GRASSLANDS? VOLCANOS? DEEP JUNGLE? WHY IS A TEN YEAR OLD ALLOWED ON HIS OWN AGAIN?

DID YOU SEE THE CLOTHING THE CHARACTER IS WEARING ON TOP OF THAT TAUROS?

DO THEY TAKE A FERRY TO DIFFERENT ISLANDS?

THERE ARE funking SEATS ON LAPRAS AND SHARPEDO'S BACKS TO RIDE ON!?

WHAT THE funk IS WITH THE POSING?

Also that 4-way battle is still dumb and poorly executed.

Is the character trying to be a wannabe Power Ranger with that posing?

On another note; Eevee is finally confirmed, so as I said ages ago in this thread I'll be using Eevee on both games (different evolutions ofc).

Also next month's CoroCoro will have a special "Southern Island Alola" guide which is said to have all the important information that you need for your journey.

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

CAN I RIDE ANYWHERE?

CAN I RIDE WHATEVER POKEMON IS BIG ENOUGH?

IS THAT JUST SURFING A SHARPEDO OR IS THAT ANOTHER TYPE OF RIDE THING?

DO I NOT NEED SURF ANYMORE IF THERE'S A RIDE THING EVERYWHERE?

WILL RIDING OVER SPOTS WHERE POKEMON APPEAR NOT SUCK ANYMORE?

WHAT WITH THE POSING?

WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO CALL POKEMON AMIE SINCE THEY'RE NOT IN FRANCE ANYMORE?

GRASSLANDS? VOLCANOS? DEEP JUNGLE? WHY IS A TEN YEAR OLD ALLOWED ON HIS OWN AGAIN?

DID YOU SEE THE CLOTHING THE CHARACTER IS WEARING ON TOP OF THAT TAUROS?

DO THEY TAKE A FERRY TO DIFFERENT ISLANDS?

THERE ARE funking SEATS ON LAPRAS AND SHARPEDO'S BACKS TO RIDE ON!?

WHAT THE funk IS WITH THE POSING?

Also that 4-way battle is still dumb and poorly executed.

All will be explained on Sunday (I hope to god).

As for the posing, people seem to think we will have super moves. That would be neat. Special moves limited to certain Pokemon, likely with 1 PP or needing recharge time. I can totally see Ash-Gren having something like Giant Water Shuriken with priority and 100 power.

Is the character trying to be a wannabe Power Ranger with that posing?

On another note; Eevee is finally confirmed, so as I said ages ago in this thread I'll be using Eevee on both games (different evolutions ofc).

Also next month's CoroCoro will have a special "Southern Island Alola" guide which is said to have all the important information that you need for your journey.

Not Power Rangers, we Super Sentai now. AKA PR's source material

I am a little sad to see that we won't be getting a new Eevee this gen. Though it would keep the tradition of new Eeveelutions for even gens alive.

Archived