Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Yeah, Gogoat was only useful in Lumiose City, and only if you wanted to be lazy and not walk/bike. (For that matter, I didn't even bother with the cabs). Skiddo had a less restricted range, but yeah only limited to the latter half of Route 12. 

Agree about Mamoswine on Route 17 though; it was a general pain, especially if I didn't need to grab items or anything. If I needed to go to Anistar City / Dendemille, I'd probably just Fly over; it's a lot faster. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we can, Armz.

(I'd probably love to ride Arcanine around the place if I needed to go somewhere on land, instead of having to use rentals)

EDIT: I made a mistake in calculating Tapu Koko and Litten's HP earlier; after watching the trailers again, both are level 60 (not 50 like I thought I saw).

Re-calculating, Tapu Koko ranges from HP 70 (if it is maxed out) to HP 85 (if zero IV); assuming no EVs have been added.

Litten's one is HP 30 (max IV) to HP 45 (zero IV)

Also Levitate on Viki makes me a little sad simply because I was excited due to Ground being neutral cause of the awesome typing. Still good, just makes the greatness of the typing a little lackluster feeling.

While it isn't as cool as Eelektross having it, making a natural attack become an out and out immunity is still amazing.

Also, on the note of electric types immune to ground, can we please get a Flying/Electric type that isn't legendary or garbage.

Since it's a flying bug you'd assume it'd have good speed. Now we just have to wait to see if it's Sp. ATK is any good.

Hopefully. My fear is that the early route bugs TEND to be trash. I think the only real exception has been Vivillon has some pretty sweet things going for it.

I wonder if Drampa will get the boost again if restore its HP only to drop it below half once more.

I think it would since its a trigger. Though I could easily be wrong.

Also, in thinking about Emolga it made me realize that the past 3 PikaClones now have had amazing types. Stop wasting good types on terrible Pokemon (or presumably terrible Pokemon in NewPika's case).

Hopefully. My fear is that the early route bugs TEND to be trash. I think the only real exception has been Vivillon has some pretty sweet things going for it.

Hey, Scolipede was superb. And Leavanny, while still weak competitively, has much better stats than the average early bug.

Hey, Scolipede was superb. And Leavanny, while still weak competitively, has much better stats than the average early bug.

I was actually a little shocked when I saw how good Leavanny's stats were. Figured they would be way worse. Guess having one of the single worse type combos in the game is really what did her in. Also, interestingly they aren't SUPER early game since you actually don't get access to them till after your 2nd badge BW and after the 1st in BW2. Most of the time you get them before gym 1.

I'd hope there will be new eevolutions to complete the list, like Aireon, for a Flying type, which boasts wings and a cool blue/white/gray.purplish color, and a Steel-type...

And I'd expect more of the Regis, despite rarely used, like Regire (Fire), Regrass (Grass), Regivolt (Electric), and a Flying type.....

The new Vikavolt has a pretty interesting type combination, rivals those of Galvantula, and a nice levitating ability to dodge the deadly Fissure and Earthquake....

We'll have to see if they will introduce more cross-generation evolutions; Gen 6 only had Sylveon and Eevee.

As much as some people might like having Eeveelutions for all 17 types (barring Normal), some Types really don't fit. Right now, we don't have: Dragon, Bug, Flying, Rock, Ground, Steel, Ghost, Fighting, Poison.

-----

Regis are based on the three eras of history; Stone Age, Ice Age and Iron Age; we're not getting new ones. Remember, they're already a set trio. If we need the Fire / Ice / Electric thing, it'll probably reflect through the guardian Pokemon.

-----

Can only hope Vikavolt has a decent SpAtk to work off of, but so far, it's showing promise. Then again, no one uses Fissure since it's banned in competitive and gimmicky as hell anyway unless you're massively overleveled or spam Miracle Eye / Mind Reader. 

The new Vikavolt has a pretty interesting type combination, rivals those of Galvantula, and a nice levitating ability to dodge the deadly Fissure and Earthquake....

You mean the deadly Fissure we'll be seeing from those No Guard Machamps when we're able to transfer the RBY 'mons over.

So Serebii has pokemon descriptions for most of the revealed gen 7 mons, and Tapu Koko has an interesting one.

Tapu Koko is a special Pokémon that protects the area where it lives. It’s called the guardian deity of Melemele Island, one of the islands of the Alola region. Although it’s known as a guardian deity, it’s a surprisingly fickle Pokémon, and will not necessarily come to your aid if you need help. Despite that, this Pokémon has a strong sense of curiosity. If it becomes interested in a person or in other Pokémon, it may come to play or battle with them. Tapu Koko can store up electricity by enclosing itself in the shells on its arms. And it also appears to enter this form during other, special times...

This means that he could possibly be a roamer like the Legendary Dogs.

Also, it appears that Vikavolt use Charjabugs as batteries, so they can fire off electric attacks more often. And when they need extra manoeuvrability, they ditch em.

Well I mean Eggxecute is supposed to be nuts, not eggs. So not the first time things have been decieving with a design.

And before anyone says anything, keep in mind Mr. Mime's Japanese name is Barrier, and there were no genders in Gen 1.

Well I mean Eggxecute is supposed to be nuts, not eggs. So not the first time things have been decieving with a design.

wat

Are you sure. Why have egg in the name, then?! Even the Japanese name, Tamatama, probably comes from their word for egg, tamago.

Can only hope Vikavolt has a decent SpAtk to work off of, but so far, it's showing promise. Then again, no one uses Fissure since it's banned in competitive and gimmicky as hell anyway unless you're massively overleveled or spam Miracle Eye / Mind Reader. 

You mean Lock-On, don't you? Miracle Eye is just Foresight/Odor Sleuth against Dark-Types instead of Ghosts, iirc.

Archived