Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Sadly Reflect Type is overall a better option 90% of the time. (And yes it's a pretty decent move on more bulky Starmie)

Anyway

I hope Drampa being Normal/Dragon means it will get Hyper Voice. I'm thinking its ability will increase Special Attack once below a certain percentage.

Electric/Bug is such a good typing both defensively and offensively, all together.

Lotta Fairy and Electric so far, which is interesting. I wonder if there's something to do with mythology about that? Or perhaps those are all Mons from a certain island/area.

My guess is certain islands will have more Pokemon of a certain type, likely based on their legendary. So first island will have extra electric types. I think the Fairy love is a result of not many fairy pokemon existing yet.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, looks more like a trash compactor.

I'm sure a few people wouldn't like to see that the busbug looks like a trash compactor.

Compare the placement of Charjabug's eyes and overall shape to... Say... This:

city-bus-1.jpg

Plus, the circles on the side of Charjabug and it's segmented body also allude to how buses like these tend to have segmented areas as well, in order to be longer/etc, like this:

rapidride-bus-exterior-sept2012.jpg

Then with Grubbin...

You can compare Grubbin to this:

hqdefault.jpg

Because the overhead shell and narrow pointed design with it's claws mirrors how these sorts of trains have that frontal dome-shaped window and the obvious pointed front.

See what I mean?

Compare the placement of Charjabug's eyes and overall shape to... Say... This:

city-bus-1.jpg

Plus, the circles on the side of Charjabug and it's segmented body also allude to how buses like these tend to have segmented areas as well, in order to be longer/etc, like this:

rapidride-bus-exterior-sept2012.jpg

Then with Grubbin...

You can compare Grubbin to this:

hqdefault.jpg

Because the overhead shell and narrow pointed design with it's claws mirrors how these sorts of trains have that frontal dome-shaped window and the obvious pointed front.

See what I mean?

I can defo see what you mean. The corrugated part the in the second pic certainly look like Charjabug's mouth.

[spoiler=well...]

promo-grubbin.png

Bullet-train.jpg

tumblr_o9lqbgWfK61tnyufso6_1280.jpg

getting-around-hawaii.jpg

tumblr_o9lqbgWfK61tnyufso3_1280.jpg

1481348870348507564.jpg

what if there's a bug gym and the gym leader is just Steve Martin?

PlanesTrainsAutomobiles-Web.jpg

The bottom right one reminds me of that one episode of the anime where Dawn's Pachirisu beat a Gabite in a Pokémon Contest.

if it wasn't obvious, just want to post what that comic refers to:

https://youtu.be/NOx_Qdc6bqw?t=1465

WYYTTVAUMB.JPG

Literally the first thing I thought when I saw it.

You know....

Now that I think about it, Vikavolt totally resembles Vic Viper:

tumblr_o9lqbgWfK61tnyufso3_1280.jpgGradius-picture.jpg

And if that's the case, it would, hilariously enough, also explain it's name.

But this would now propose this question:

How do you get from a bullet train, to a city bus, to a fuckin' futuristic jet fighter? Doesn't really seem all that consistent.

But this would now propose this question:

How do you get from a bullet train, to a city bus, to a f***in' futuristic jet fighter? Doesn't really seem all that consistent.

Fans like to find patterns in everything, but more often than not they only exist inside their heads.

I hope Tapu Koko is signaling a new era of Terrain-spreading Abilties, because there's simply no chance of them becoming competitively viable being limited only to moves. Let's all pray they just don't turn into another Weather Wars scenario, but I reckon their limitations compared to Gen V Weather Conditions may prevent that from happen. But I must admit I'm curious as to how the fact their effects are limited to ground-based Pokémon will affect the metagame.

I'd argue that Electric Terrain is the only good Terrain anyway, so Terrain wars just doesn't seem like a thing that would ever happen regardless.

I don't think Misty is that bad. Blocking burn and para is pretty decent. The issue is that isn't really worth a turn. Especially when halving damaging is WAY worse than increasing it since you can normally easily benefit from the latter. Plus Electric even prevents sleep.

I would be interested in seeing other terrain effects though. Its a really cool concept.

Who care. Seriously, the more I look at it, the more I love Vikavolt.

As for the Pika, I'm just sad that the history keeps me from being excited about another Electric/Steel.

Lightningrod isn't bad, but yeah the 4x weakness to EQ does suck. Maybe it gets Levitate as an HA or something; OR gets Magnet Rise. 

----

Anyway, after watching the JP trailers, I tried working out the HP values for Tapu Koko and Zygarde 100%. To make things easier, assuming that no EVs are here. 

Tapu Koko had 172 HP at level 60; going to assume that it has no EVs and has a perfect 31 in there. From that, it's either base 70 (if it is perfect HP) or 85 (if 0 HP).

Zygarde 100% had 291 HP at level 50 (regular one is 183 HP at max IV); calculations say that it has a base 216 HP (or double regular Zygarde's). Yeah, it's massive.

Might be off as we don't know if the sample Pokes are perfect IVs or not, but yeah this is what it yields on that calculation. 

Archived