Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With how angular it is and being sort of a triangular shape, I'm reminded of

CkLuWUQ.jpg?1

That's... Actually pretty damn close

The semi-circle wings really remind me of something, but I don't know what…

Also, is that a firefly butt?

I think that's the point, given the fact it's a Bug/Electric; so you'd expect some kind of influence from insects like that.

Whatever the case, given this stuff wasn't meant to be until tomorrow, I can imagine Nintendo and Game Freak are NOT happy.....

They can't be, and rightfully so. At least it was only by a day. Also, I do like that they just released the trainer anyway.

Now thoughts

Drampa: Normal/Dragon is an ok type. The stab combo doesn't really do anything and defensively you gain a ghost immunity for a fighting weakness. Ability seems interesting. My guess is it triggers on taking damage or being hit by a physical move.

Togedemaru: Steel/Electric is a rare type, and solid. Sadly the region Pikachu tends to suck.

Charjabug/Vikavolt: Bug/Electric is another rare type, also pretty solid. The thing looks amazing and if its decent I could easily end up using it. Agree that the jaws are reminding me of something

Cutiefly: Bug/Fairy is a new type. 5 remittances and an immunity are nice, but it also has 5 weakness, the Bug half being pretty bad ones. Could still end up being a solid Pokemon.

Bruxish: Water/Psychic isn't the best type in the world, but we know you can get very good Pokemon with that type. Problem is how you compare to them. Ability is interesting since it stops Sucker Punch.

Tapu Koko: Electric/Fairy is a pretty awesome type combo and another new one. Elec Maker is also a really good ability. Sadly, likely to be legendary so getting a good one will be hard. Also, how many Pokemon have a two word name?

They can't be, and rightfully so. At least it was only by a day. Also, I do like that they just released the trainer anyway.

Now thoughts

Drampa: Normal/Dragon is an ok type. The stab combo doesn't really do anything and defensively you gain a ghost immunity for a fighting weakness. Ability seems interesting. My guess is it triggers on taking damage or being hit by a physical move.

Togedemaru: Steel/Electric is a rare type, and solid. Sadly the region Pikachu tends to suck.

Charjabug/Vikavolt: Bug/Electric is another rare type, also pretty solid. The thing looks amazing and if its decent I could easily end up using it. Agree that the jaws are reminding me of something

Cutiefly: Bug/Fairy is a new type. 5 remittances and an immunity are nice, but it also has 5 weakness, the Bug half being pretty bad ones. Could still end up being a solid Pokemon.

Bruxish: Water/Psychic isn't the best type in the world, but we know you can get very good Pokemon with that type. Problem is how you compare to them. Ability is interesting since it stops Sucker Punch.

Tapu Koko: Electric/Fairy is a pretty awesome type combo and another new one. Elec Maker is also a really good ability. Sadly, likely to be legendary so getting a good one will be hard. Also, how many Pokemon have a two word name?

Dedenne is also Electric/Fairy.

And I think the wings moreso.

Tapu Koko seems pretty insane. STAB boost and Electric Terrain puts Thunderbolt to base 200 damage, which is stronger than Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice (of course, it might be physical). Not to mention it gives Tapu Koko an immunity to Spore.

Seems like a really good pokemon if it gets the stats. Which it probably will.

it's nice to see them doing more stuff with terrain.

Back in Gen 3 I thought the move Camoflage that changed Staryu's type depending on the terrain was a cool idea that obviously wasn't viable but could affect the game significantly if it got fleshed out a whole lot.

Having the field change for Gen 6 in Electric Terrain, Grassy Terrain and Misty Terrain were cool, but it could still have been more significant.

Now we're getting into the real push, where Pokémon's passive abilities change the terrain, which was what made weather such a big factor in Gen V. If we get more stuff like Camoflage, more moves like Nature or Secret power, or abilities similar to how Castform operates, it's seriously a mechanic they could base a gen around.

Back in Gen 3 I thought the move Camoflage that changed Staryu's type depending on the terrain was a cool idea that obviously wasn't viable but could affect the game significantly if it got fleshed out a whole lot.

Sadly Reflect Type is overall a better option 90% of the time. (And yes it's a pretty decent move on more bulky Starmie)

Anyway

I hope Drampa being Normal/Dragon means it will get Hyper Voice. I'm thinking its ability will increase Special Attack once below a certain percentage.

Electric/Bug is such a good typing both defensively and offensively, all together.

Lotta Fairy and Electric so far, which is interesting. I wonder if there's something to do with mythology about that? Or perhaps those are all Mons from a certain island/area.

Archived