Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of abilities; Magearna's ability increases its Special Attack 1 stage whenever another pokemon in the arena faints.

That made me happy since the trailer suggested it was a double battle ability and those are lame. Having it be good in doubles and singles was a great move. They need to do that more often.

That made me happy since the trailer suggested it was a double battle ability and those are lame. Having it be good in doubles and singles was a great move. They need to do that more often.

It defo makes it versatile at least, having an ability that works well in doubles as well as singles.

Hopefully, Hau won't be the only rival and we'll have another character pick up the Starter who is strong against yours. But apparently Lillile isn't a Trainer, so she might have to risk her off the list unless she picks it up later in the game's run.

Also, Grubbin's Pokédex entry mentioning it feeding on electricity hopefully means it'll evolve into a Bug/Electric-type. I just don't want it to become another Bug/Flying or going with the Kricketune route and remaining pure Bug.

i understand why they made battle royale like it is (so kids dont feel left out once they lose their 3 [even though that happens in multi battles but regardless]), but it seems odd to me that it's not a "fight till you drop" sort of deal

getting points for KOs does encourage more aggressive play rather than turtling up and hoping you dont die first or whatever so its interesting enough i guess

The new Battle Royale mode looks fun, but a bit iffy on it being limited to online battles (might've been nice to have it for NPC fights). Then again, I generally try to attack anyway if I have the chance to (if not resorting to Recover/Calm Mind stuff for HP purposes). Might not help that I rarely did Battle Spot stuff during Gen 6 (or didn't otherwise). 

----

• Pikipek is the regional bird; hopefully it's actually good.
  • Yungoos is interesting, but don't know how good Stakeout will actually be. As much as I'd like to say phazing moves, those are negative priority. Maybe for double battles if you can force the opponent out by typing or something.
  • Magearna came out Steel/Fairy; suppose that wasn't a surprise. As for its ability, sort of like a SpAtk Moxie that doesn't require you to actually kill something. (Fleur Cannon is definitely Fairy)
  • Popplio learns Disarming Voice; if it does evolve into a Fairy, hopefully the design is good (and of course, stats)

I thought the type for Magearna was confirmed 2 months ago in CoroCoro

It was indeed. Not sure if this is the first confirmation of it outside of CoroCoro though since they don't ALWAYS have official announcements to tie with the CoroCoro spoilers. Case in point, I figured we would have seen something on the Koala and Dog at E3 but we didn't. Though we might still see something. If nothing else we'll be getting more info later this month since it will be at an event in Japan.

It was indeed. Not sure if this is the first confirmation of it outside of CoroCoro though since they don't ALWAYS have official announcements to tie with the CoroCoro spoilers. Case in point, I figured we would have seen something on the Koala and Dog at E3 but we didn't. Though we might still see something. If nothing else we'll be getting more info later this month since it will be at an event in Japan.

I think it might be, I know for the west, it's definitely the first confirmation of the type entirely. Though to be fair, I'm not surprised they didn't show the dog or the koala at E3, they're probs encounters in a later route, that's what I think.

Guys, where did you read that Battle Royals are exclusive to online mode and not available to local play? The official website doesn't mention anything of that sort. Unless they revealed that during the stream and I didn't catch that. If so, hopefully it's a misunderstanding and we do get an opportunity to play sibe-by-side with our friends or even in tournaments.

Hopefully.

Serebii has this

A brand new online mode introduced in Pokémon Sun & Moon is the special Battle Royal mode. This mode is a 4 player mode where each player sends in one of three Pokémon they bring to battle. In it, they can target down any of the other Pokémon on the field.

This mode is a Free-For-All, so it's every player for themselves. It's not currently known how multi-target moves will work in this format.

Though there isn't any mention in the trailer, so I guess I'll reserve judgment until official confirmation.

(this is like the 3rd year in a row I missed Nintendo's E3 and had to play catch up afterward)

i understand why they made battle royale like it is (so kids dont feel left out once they lose their 3 [even though that happens in multi battles but regardless]), but it seems odd to me that it's not a "fight till you drop" sort of deal

getting points for KOs does encourage more aggressive play rather than turtling up and hoping you dont die first or whatever so its interesting enough i guess

Okay, is your signature pic an indication of Monster Musume season 2?

Okay, I am sad that Lillie is not a trainer, much less a champion, I just hope she is not the leader of the criminal organization of Alola.

Sad point: Rival promises to be another lame-o.

Good point: music probably will be cool, cuz pokemon + tropical.

Im excited to see the new pokemon tho, and if they provide me with exp all again I likely wont use it for more thrills.

Sad point: Rival promises to be another lame-o.

Just watch Hau reveal himself to be a villain. He's too happy for my taste. Clearly the result of the machinations of a true evil mastermind.

I'll be more than pleased if that turns out to be true, at least.

Also, who else is going for the obvious, lazy route and predict Yungoos and Grubbin to become Normal/Dark and Bug/Electric respectively upon evolving? And that maybe, MAYBE, Pikipek will learn Fury Attack to go with Skill Link? I'm actually glad to see them giving those rare, cool abilities to com mons, however.

Pikipek has skill link? Goodness... I need this x3

Also eh...it'll be different but rivals and villains fill different roles. Id be fine having semi-lame villains like team rocket in g/s/c and a scary rival like Silver.

ngl Silver was one of my favourite rivals in the series, so it'd be cool to have another rival like him.

And that maybe, MAYBE, Pikipek will learn Fury Attack to go with Skill Link? I'm actually glad to see them giving those rare, cool abilities to com mons, however.

I can't see why it couldn't learn Fury Attack, I mean it can strike 16 times a second with its beak.

Was watching a Youtube video and they mentioned something that implied Pikipek will get Bullet Seed. Which, if true, would be amazing for a Flying type.

It would need to get something. As I said earlier most multi hit moves aren't a good fit for it and Fury Attack is just terrible unless they buffed the power and acc. to match Return. Bullet Seed is really the only other one that would work. Lucky for it that is a good move and it would let it do some real damage to rock types which wall its STAB combo.

Archived