Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that's Magearna's signature move. Frickin' Laser Beams!

But it worries me that it looks so much like the Ultimate Weapon (also vaguely shaped like a flower - which only makes its original purpose, ressurecting AZ's Floette, all the more ironic), even though it's most likely a coincidence.

Dual-typed moves are interesting but impractical if their coverage is conflicting - it makes it very difficult for them to score super-effective damage. But if they have stacking coverage, like a Dark/Ghost dual move, they can outright assassinate certain types by making 4x damage very easy to accomplish.

Dual-typed moves are interesting but impractical if their coverage is conflicting - it makes it very difficult for them to score super-effective damage.

That's my issue with dual-type moves as well, conflicting coverage.

What I would like is a move called... oh wait. Dumb idea.

Snorlax used Dumb Idea

Its Special Defence harshly fell.

*shot*... in all seriousness though, that's my take on what a move called "Dumb Idea" would do

What I would like is a move called... oh wait. Dumb idea.

Originally I wanted a move called Steam Blast which, like Flying Press, is a 2-type attack. In this case, Fire/water. But what would that be good for?

Dual coverage is an overrated concept, especially as there are so few dual coverage attacks that actually make sense in combining. There are simply better ways of conveying these sort of things.

Hell, Steam Blast? We literally have two attacks in Pokémon which conveys that same flavour.

Dual-typed moves are interesting but impractical if their coverage is conflicting - it makes it very difficult for them to score super-effective damage. But if they have stacking coverage, like a Dark/Ghost dual move, they can outright assassinate certain types by making 4x damage very easy to accomplish.

If they wanted to do more duel type moves this seems like the best direction to take. Take the natural overlap types have (Grass and Water or Dark and Ghost) and make those the two types. I still don't think they'd be especially good, but it does give them a niche that only those type of moves can really have.

I can imagine a good dual type move as an electric/water move using some kind of surf with electricity being conducted. It has to be really blatant.

Actually the concept of an electric/water type that fights by conducting electricity with salt water would be pretty cool. It would be found in the ocean, of course.

I can imagine a good dual type move as an electric/water move using some kind of surf with electricity being conducted. It has to be really blatant.

Actually the concept of an electric/water type that fights by conducting electricity with salt water would be pretty cool. It would be found in the ocean, of course.

Isn't Electric/Water just another kinda mediocre attack combo? Like, it's Water coverage that can't hit Ground types, and Electric coverage that isn't good against one of the only two types it's usually good against. And also super bad against Dragon and Grass types.

Not sure why Chinchou and Lanturn are the only Water/Electric types personally. They're just really adorable anglerfish.

Having a Pokemon attack with electrified water seems pretty dangerous, but then again, Muks and Magcargos exist.

Rotom-Wash is Electric/Water too.

Another way to make a dual-typed move worth using is for both attributes to be recognized for STAB. Hawlucha's Flying Press would be an effective 180 BP instead of 120, before accounting for other multipliers, hitting like a Close Combat without the defense loss. The difficulty in doing super effective damage will thus be offset just by the sheer brute force of such attacks.

Hey the leak

[spoiler=images]
corocoro7161.jpg
corocoro7162.jpgcorocoro7163.jpg
corocoro7166.jpg
corocoro7164.jpg
corocoro7165.jpg

Info from serebii:
The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed two new Pokémon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them.
First up is Nekkoala, the Half Awake Pokémon which is Normal-type with the ability Definite Sleep which prevents it being afflicted with a status other than sleep, while the dog is Iwanko, and is a Rock-type Pokémon. It's ability is ability is Keen Eye or Vital Spirit. It is the Puppy Pokémon. We'll bring more as it comes
Edit @ 03:18: Some images pertaining to the movie have also been released. The Greninja event at the movie based on the Pokémon Election has the ability Protean and the moves Hydro Pump, Gunk Shot, Mat Block & Happy Hour
Edit @ 03:31: Attendees at the movie will receive a Pokémon Ga-Olé disc that has a QR Code that will be scanned to get Magearna in Pokémon Sun & Moon. Magearna has got the Soul Heart Ability and a new move called Fleur Cannon and will be found at Level 50 with the moves Fleur Cannon, Flash Cannon, Lucky Chant and Helping Hand
Edit @ 04:04: CoroCoro hints that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret

FAST ROCK FAST ROCK FAST ROCK

Archived