Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Sounds like a neat idea, but maybe not tied to the Rotomdex. Perhaps if the Dowsing Machine was linked to it...

Yes, the Dowsing Machine is an interesting artifact from the Pokemon games, which helps to find items and much more, it'll be interesting to improve this concept to uncover secret messages and switches

I also thought that the RotomDex provides information about quests, missions, navigation, and even Strength/Weaknesses about the encountered Pokemon, making it handy at all times

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the Dowsing Machine is an interesting artifact from the Pokemon games, which helps to find items and much more, it'll be interesting to improve this concept to uncover secret messages and switches

I also thought that the RotomDex provides information about quests, missions, navigation, and even Strength/Weaknesses about the encountered Pokemon, making it handy at all times

The DexNav app was really handy in ORAS, I'll give it that. But to provide information on the opponent mid-battle would result in a rather cluttered interface.

There could be a future professor who studied Pokémon Battles in general in a future game, maybe trading some ideas with Kukui and Sycamore...

EDIT:

On another note, I hope the characters don't do the gesture Kukui does here often. Everyone did had this annoying tic in Digimon Cyber Sleuth, it looks like they're petting their imaginary giant dog.

BTW, TPC's Japanese Youtube Channel posted a few videos with game footage, each one dedicated to one new character/Pokémon/aspect of the game, though a good portion of it was already present in the latest trailer:

[spoiler=Videos]

Hmm, given the cool attributes of the legendary signature moves that carry an in-built Mold Breaker, and the fact that Kukui's doing research on attacks this time, maybe we'll get a slew of more mechanically unique attacks in the other Pokemon lines? Flying Press was interesting even though it absolutely flops at doing super effective damage often, and Freeze Dry is an absolute beast in snipping past Water/Ground and Water/Dragon types. It'll be fantastic we can get more moves like those.

A theory.

Rotom Wash: OU

Rotom Heat: UU

Rotom Mow: RU

Rotom Fan: NU

Rotom Frost: PU

If new Rotom becomes usable in battle...Ubers?

Rotom Dex: Steel/Elec with Levitate, unique attack changes to some newfangled special Steel move that's on par with all the others. Given its access to other moves it will mostly outclass Magnezone outside of being used to snipe opposing Steel Pokemon.

You know....

Why do I get the feeling trainer customization will only have been a feature in X/Y?

We know you can change your skin color and your shirt. Fairly good chance it all comes back.

Duel type attacks while cool on paper are really hard to make good. Flying Press is fun and all, but it really isn't a good move. I think in general you'll almost always rather two move of each type than one that combines them. Though I look forward to being proven wrong.

Well it depends on how they function. Like does it mix all of the weaknesses and resistances of both attacks? If it's that, it sounds awful because usually you'd think it'd mean that it'd cancel out otherwise super effective attacks rather than expand the pool of mons it is super effective against.

A theory.

Rotom Wash: OU

Rotom Heat: UU

Rotom Mow: RU

Rotom Fan: NU

Rotom Frost: PU

If new Rotom becomes usable in battle...Ubers?

In before Borderline

Rotom Dex: Steel/Elec with Levitate, unique attack changes to some newfangled special Steel move that's on par with all the others. Given its access to other moves it will mostly outclass Magnezone outside of being used to snipe opposing Steel Pokemon.

It might depend on what the Steel attack is that it'd get, right?

I'd rather have new moves like Freeze Dry (turns a x1/2 or x1 into a x2) than another Flying Press, even if the idea of a move combining 2 types is pretty interesting to me. The only way they could make it work competitively is if they employed a combo that didn't nullify most of each types involved's strengths.

Yes I am posting a Pokemon-TCG card in this topic, but it is relevant;

[spoiler=Magearna-EX - Big image is big]

Magearna-EX-XY11.jpg

Note how its arm opens up like a "flower"? (Or should I say when its arms open, it looks like the anatomy of a flower) My first thought upon seeing this card was the marketing director last year saying "flowers" regarding the future of pokemon.

Note how its arm opens up like a "flower"?

Actually that's just how a lot of laser guns/cannons/etc open up; It's just an outer shell to the inner weapon. If anything, it's the fact it has anthers and other visible bits that resemble the anatomy of a flower.

Also...

THIS THING CAN SHOOT LASERS!?!?

Archived