Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Oh by the way. Maybe I wasn't that far off from the Fullmetal Alchemist reference.

87d07db4774acee4427818aee1f13f01.jpg

Lion swallowing the sun is a common alchemical image.

"In alchemic and Hermetic traditions, suns are employed to symbolize a variety of concepts, much like the sun in astrology. Suns can correspond to gold, citrinitas, generative masculine principles, imagery of 'the king' or Apollo, the fiery spirit or sulfur, the divine spark in man, nobility, or incorruptibility. Recurring images of specific solar motifs can be found in the form of a "Dark" or "Black Sun", or a green lion devouring a sun."

"The Green Lion Devouring The Sun' is a popular alchemical symbol. On a chemical level this is a metaphor for when a green, liquid sulfate called “vitriol” purifies matter, leaving behind the gold within the matter. Very pure vitriol is an acid that eats through practically anything, except gold."

So it's Psychic/Steel because it is LITERALLY MADE OF GOLD.

Which would mean that Lunala, as the moon, is related to Silver. Harder to really talk about it but here's some stuff:

"From Roman times onward, silver was purported to repel or even kill demons. This belief carried into the Middle Ages, where it was believed demons, witches, and other evil creatures could be killed with silver bolts or bullets. This is also the origination of the vampire trope whereby the creatures cannot be reflected in mirrors- being a pure metal, silver objects and silver-backed mirrors could not reflect impurity."

Idk tbh. There's not as much about the moon that I can find so quickly.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Bulbanews states that MereMere/MeleMele Pokédex is actually one of the four sections of the RotomDex, each representing one of the islands, presumably, not unlike how the Kalos Dex was split between Coastal, Mountain and Central. So expect plenty of returning old mon alongside the new ones (not that it's a big surprise, but...).

So, Bulbanews states that MereMere/MeleMele Pokédex is actually one of the four sections of the RotomDex, each representing one of the islands, presumably, not unlike how the Kalos Dex was split between Coastal, Mountain and Central. So expect plenty of returning old mon alongside the new ones (not that it's a big surprise, but...).

I'm curious if it will also follow Kalos in the amount of new Pokemon introduced. Discounting Megas this was the smallest Gen and if 7 follows we'll only be at about 800 Pokemon.

So.... They would either program a burst form with the 9001 Pokemon OR they reserve it only for Legendaries/oddly specific Pokemon

My guess is that it would be the really popular Pokemon. So Legendary, Starts, Lucario, etc.

Hopefully Gen 7 has more Pokemon than Kalos introduced (in triple digits), but let's see.

Looks like they're naming the sub-dexes after colors (Melemele translates into yellow, for those of you who want to know).  Not sure what the other colors will be though, if they are going that route. Also would like to know what our rival's names will be. 

Why do I feel like Lille could be a rival? There's nothing to back that theory up and she apparently hates pokemon battles, but when I saw her I immediately thought she would be a rival to the character. Either way, it seems like she could be a major character in the storyline.

I'm curious to see how many new Pokemon are introduced this gen. I think 100 to 115 new Pokemon and 15 to 20 new mega evolutions would be good number.

Looks like they're naming the sub-dexes after colors (Melemele translates into yellow, for those of you who want to know). Not sure what the other colors will be though, if they are going that route.

Correction: It stands for MeleeMelee, so get ready for the four other regions: 6464, BralBral, & Wiu3ds

Never cared much for Navi, she lacks the development that Midna and especially Fi had in their games. Though I don't think he's as integral enough like them that Rotomdex would have any sort of character arc, either.

Though this is all assuming he actually does something besides just talking whenever you access the Pokedex from the menu.

Maybe Rotomdex is capable allowing access to certain interactions with the environment/map?

Uncover hidden messages in stone by wiping it with the stylus.....

Sounds like a neat idea, but maybe not tied to the Rotomdex. Perhaps if the Dowsing Machine was linked to it...

Like other people mentioned, I like how Fire and Dark ended up becoming the Legendarys' main weakness instead of their typing. 

I'm fine with both their typings and I'm pretty positive I'm going to buy Sun over Moon at this point. The RotomDex is an unexpected, but nifty addition! That'd be interesting if it could come out of your Pokedex to be used in battle.

Not much to say about the game characters except that I like that Kukui studies Pokémon attacks. Maybe next professor will study Pokémon Abilities or something.

Not much to say about the game characters except that I like that Kukui studies Pokémon attacks. Maybe next professor will study Pokémon Abilities or something.

I think thats all thats left. The current break down is

Professor Oak of the Kanto region, who studies the relationships between Pokémon and humans.

Professor Elm of the Johto region, who studies Pokémon breeding patterns.

Professor Birch of the Hoenn region, who studies Pokémon habitats.

Professor Rowan of the Sinnoh region, who studies Pokémon evolution.

Professor Juniper of the Unova region, who studies the origins of Pokémon.

Professor Sycamore of the Kalos region, who studies Mega Evolution and change.

Professor Kukui of the Alola region, who studies Pokémon attacks

Wonder if him studying attacks means we'll get a decent number of new ones this gen.

I think thats all thats left. The current break down is

Professor Oak of the Kanto region, who studies the relationships between Pokémon and humans.

Professor Elm of the Johto region, who studies Pokémon breeding patterns.

Professor Birch of the Hoenn region, who studies Pokémon habitats.

Professor Rowan of the Sinnoh region, who studies Pokémon evolution.

Professor Juniper of the Unova region, who studies the origins of Pokémon.

Professor Sycamore of the Kalos region, who studies Mega Evolution and change.

Professor Kukui of the Alola region, who studies Pokémon attacks

Wonder if him studying attacks means we'll get a decent number of new ones this gen.

Might be a stretch, but maybe one professor could study the future of Pokémon, like the opposite of Juniper. 

And to go off Oak, the relationships between Pokémon and technology, or with each other if that doesn't fall under Elm.

I'd work under the assumption the trailer Pokemon have max IVs zero EVs.

Also, I think your numbers are a little off. It would be 152 and 137.

Yeah it was somewhere around there.

But yeah. 137 as the low number is still quite high.

I'd worry it was all bulk but it one-shotted a Salamence so it's gotta have some power behind it.

Yeah it was somewhere around there.

But yeah. 137 as the low number is still quite high.

I'd worry it was all bulk but it one-shotted a Salamence so it's gotta have some power behind it.

I'm actually no longer sure sure on the IVs. The Salamence and Gengar had 0 HP IVs so maybe they all have 0? Or maybe they set Sal and Gen to min and Leo and Luna to max to make it look that much more impressive.

Anyway, lets run some numbers to see what the base attacking stats could be to see what the lowest Base attacking stat (Sal has equal DEF/SPD so numbers of physical also work for special) Leo would be needed to have a smallest chance of OHKO.

Using Neutral Nature 0 IV 0 EV Sal vs. 120 Power STAB attack. 120 seems like the safest number to test since its unlikely to be stronger but if it is weaker the Base stat would just be higher which is better.

If IV 0 EV 0 the Base attack would be 160 for 6.3% OHKO

If IV 31 EV 0 the Base attack would be 145 for 6.3% OHKO

If IV 0 EV 252 the Base attack would be 129 for 6.3% OHKO

If IV 31 EV 252 the Base attack would be 113 for 6.3% OHKO

Given this the lowest possible attack/special (not sure which the attack was, my guess is special) for Leo is 113.

Not going to crunch Luna since, (Neutral Nature 0 IV 0 EV Gengar vs. 90 Power Ghost attack; 0 IV 0 EV Base is 73 special for 6.3% OHKO) you don't learn much.

Archived