Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

I think you guys misunderstood what I mean.

But that's fine, because it's a little obscure-

Basically back when Snivy n' friends were revealed, EVERYONE went funking crazy over "Smugleaf"(Snivy's fan-dubbed english name at the time), was so-so over Tepig, and absolutely HATED Oshwatt.

I don't recall the exact reason for why Oshwatt was disliked so much, but Snivy gained a large amount of popularity during those day, and most of it was because Snivy was depicted as some smug-ass JABRONI- This was because of the way he was drawn, mind you.

Now in the case of Rowlett- Rowlett became more meme-ish then Snivy had, among other reasons, which is what helped catapult his popularity above the other 2.

Speaking of which, Litten is prone to being part of every edgelord/edgy/Kill La Kill/etc joke, and Popplio... Popplio's dislike stems from the fact people tend to jabroni about similar Pokemon; Seel and Popplio, in this case; Among other reasons, but you get the idea.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think overall Gen 5 had some great designs. And I really don't care about three Fire/Fighting types.

Personally, I hated Snivy from the get go though. Gen IV my favorite was Tepig because BACON until they revealed his evos and they were all Fire/Fighting like why

Admit it that's only because you desperately want to be a Pokemon hipster

Admit it that's only because you desperately want to be a Pokemon hipster

No i just thought Snivy and oshawott looked ugly and Tepig still looks funking adorable.

Dewott is what made me end up choosing the water starter.

Popplio's dislike stems from the fact people tend to b**** about similar Pokemon; Seel and Popplio, in this case; Among other reasons, but you get the idea.

Actually, that's more to do with his silly-looking design, even though it's supposed to be silly and comical; in general, Western audiences aren't as prone to accept silly designs as the Japanese one (which is one of the main reasons why object-based Pokémon aren't well-received here), thanks to values dissonance as to how fictional creatures are supposed to look like (it helps there are already plenty of object-based yokai in Shinto folklore).

They could let us change our character's gender (and sex?) in the middle of the game. Or at least crossdress. You have to admit it'd be a fun experience XD And even somewhat enlightening =)

Maybe crossdress, but changing sexes would be weird because that'd most likely lead to changing your name (it'd be weird to turn into a girl but keep your name as Tom for example) and that'll lead to shenanigans like your Pokémon having different OT names and things could get convoluted.

Popplio's grown on me. And I'm betting it'll gain a little more popularity from the anime because it's basically certain Ash will get one when he goes to Alola.

This article showed a bunch of what-if evolutions for the starters and the first batch listed there stupefied me. I'd be really down if those turned out to be real.

This article showed a bunch of what-if evolutions for the starters and the first batch listed there stupefied me. I'd be really down if those turned out to be real.

Unibrowl killed me. A lot of those are great, but I'm not a fan of Rowlet becoming big and muscly. The image of Litten becoming Fire/Ghost seems super cool too.

Unibrowl killed me. A lot of those are great, but I'm not a fan of Rowlet becoming big and muscly. The image of Litten becoming Fire/Ghost seems super cool too.

My personal hope for Rowlet's final evo is that it's based off an assassin. An owl ninja would be really cool too, but they just did that with Greninja. 

I just really want Popplio's final evo to blow us out of the water

:Kappa:

(We all want that, Fusion)

I like the version that Jamsinosoup did for Popplio; that, I can get behind. Or really, anything not #1 or #2; that thing is creepy (and I hope that's just fan art and not really what it'll end up being). Oh wait, it is just fan art. Rest of them vary between awesome and what the hell. 

#6 would be a cool idea for Litten's final evolution.

----

I have a "what the hell is this" moment for #12, but those are likely jokes. 

Actually, that's more to do with his silly-looking design, even though it's supposed to be silly and comical; in general, Western audiences aren't as prone to accept silly designs as the Japanese one (which is one of the main reasons why object-based Pokémon aren't well-received here), thanks to values dissonance as to how fictional creatures are supposed to look like (it helps there are already plenty of object-based yokai in Shinto folklore).

Silly me, I forgot all about the case Kirby's American Boxart.

Pompalio and Brawlion <3

So long as Gen 4 remakes are better than ORAS I won't complain about them, since the first two Gen 4 games weren't that bad, and would probably be a lot more bearable with some QoL changes like text speed. Even just a direct port with better text speed would be better than ORAS which I feel made the games actively worse. 

Also bring on new info please. Wanna start deciding how hype I wish to be. 

It'll be here in about 12 and a half more hours, Aerion. (It'll air 10 pm Japan time, and it's 9:39 am right now).

But yeah, I'm interested in seeing things (despite having to stay up until 3 am to watch it, as my timezone is nineteen hours behind Japan time).

People are point out Hawai has PEARL Harbor and Mount DIAMOND, and the Gen 7 map has things that are clearly a harbor and mountain.

So it begins....

It's actually called Diamond Head (and it was shown in the Japanese trailer for those who saw it). I think I pointed that out when we got the commercials.

IMO one of the issues the remakes run up against is they want to remake the original version but the 3rd one is always the best. With FR/LG a number of the changes that Yellow did were built in normally plus it added totally new content. HG/SS incorporated a few things from Crystal. OR/AS didn't do either and honestly missing a lot of the stuff that was in Emerald and it made the games feel that much worse because of it. Really hoping that when 4th gen does get remade they use a lot of the stuff that was in Platinum since it was easily better than the other two.

I think ORAS weren't helped by the fact that as a third game Emerald made arguably the most positive changes to the adventure imo. Platinium had the usual QoL changes and made Cyrus a much better villain, but Emerald turned a pair of fairly crappy games into one of the best Pokemon games.

Like if P/D took some of the extra stuff that defined Cyrus as a more than a one note villain, had the expanded pokedex, and made QoL changes they'd still be pretty decent compared to ORAS.

Archived