Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just picked up AS after not playing it for a while and I'm overwhelmed with the stuff in my boxes.

Sun and Moon would be awesome if they had a feature in the boxes that let you organize all your Pokémon numerically, alphabetically, by type, etc.

As for Litten, I really like the idea behind it being Fire/Poison. Just seems like a cool typing and design choice.

Oh, sheet, that reminds me. I don't know the state of my Pokemon bank. It's entirely possible that I'm past the period of time it's available after a subscription ends and everything is lost.

Oh, well. I've sort of stopped caring so much about carrying stuff through from game to game, I never really did much with them outside the game I got them in anyways. And I'm pretty sure all my perfect IV breeding pokemon are still in one of my games, not the bank.

Guys, Litten won't become Fire/Ground. It would put too much emphasis on Rowlet, and make the dynamic between those two rather awkward.

The dynamic would be the same as any straight Fire is to straight Grass though, since Flying isn't super effective against Ground.

Oh, sheet, that reminds me. I don't know the state of my Pokemon bank. It's entirely possible that I'm past the period of time it's available after a subscription ends and everything is lost.

Oh, well. I've sort of stopped caring so much about carrying stuff through from game to game, I never really did much with them outside the game I got them in anyways. And I'm pretty sure all my perfect IV breeding pokemon are still in one of my games, not the bank.

This almost happens to me each of the past two years. The only reason I care about it though is that I'm trying to have every single pokémon in the bank so each time a new game comes out I can just move them back and forth between the new game and the bank and complete the pokedex stupid quick.

@Agro: Grass does 2x against Ground, but does 1/2 against Fire. IE, Grass attacks would do 1x damage. It defeats the purpose of the Rock-Paper-Scissors formula that they have always stuck with.

I mean sure, it means that Rowlett's grass attacks aren't resisted, but it's not like it's super effective. Litten would still have super effective STAB. It hardly defeats the purpose.

Remember when Gen IV had a Grass/Ground starter that got a super effective STAB on the fire starter, a Fire/Fighting starter that got a Super Effective STAB on the Water starter– further embellished by the fact that the Water starter was also Steel and didn't get any super effective STAB attacks on the Grass/Ground starter? Just because there were "two" rivals, only one of which that mattered? THAT defeated the purpose. ;')

pssst. fighting isn't weak to grass.

I must've been thinking about Chesnaught or something else while I said that, However, I was referring to whatever Popplio's final evolution is called being weak to both of Rowlett evo's STABs at this time (Grass > Water and Flying > Fighting), so yeah x2.

As for whatever Popplio turns into, considering it's based on a sea lion, I don't think it'll have a ton of speed on its side (but we never know). Assuming Rowlett is going to be generally quick (though looking at Noctowl [the only other owl in this franchise], its speed is not very impressive).

Have you checked it recently?

Though even if your thing expires, your Pokes are still there (just that you can't take them out or move stuff until you renew it). 

I expect someone here has heard about this before but just in case I'm wrong, I'll post about it anyway because no one's mentioned it here yet. It's about the video SoulFire posted. They and no one else here has mentioned this, and although I didn't watch it, I watched a video that from the titles, I assume they're about the same thing (posted a few hours before). In it, there was a correction done in an annotation. What it said was,

"I'M LIKELY INCORRECT: Upon reading your comments and researching, I think it's in-fact ROWLET that will evolve into a Grass/Ground type, due to the order of the type images, and Litten will REMAIN Fire type! I'll discuss this all in a video tomorrow!"

By the order of the type images, obviously it's meant that because Ground is number 3 and comes before Fire (4), while Fighting is number 6 and comes after Water (5), Ground is meant to become Rowlet's type and Litten will not change types at all.

Of course, this isn't confirmed yet (so don't take it as it if it is), but it just sounds a bit more likely than Fire/Ground due to the order of the images.

It could be cool because we haven't had a pure Fire type starter since Gen II, but that's just what I think.

EDIT: Right, what I think about Rowlet being Grass/Ground (if it's true). Uh, it's not as cool. :)

Someone's going to have to explain why an owl suddenly goes from flying to somehow stuck on the ground if that is true. (I mean, there are owls who do live on the ground, but they can also fly if I remember correctly). But yeah, holding judgment on it until more details are revealed (as it's only guessing at this point).

Oh god. The weaknesses. The horrible, horrible, weaknesses....

A fire/poison would really have to be something with levitate to offset that ground weakness imo, otherwise it would just die to everything.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's:

4x resist 3 things

2x resist 4 things

6x Normal Resistance

2x weak to 3 things

4x weak to ground

That's not actually THAT bad.

A fire/poison would really have to be something with levitate to offset that ground weakness imo, otherwise it would just die to everything.

4x resist 3 things

2x resist 4 things

6x Normal Resistance

2x weak to 3 things

4x weak to ground

Depends what the things they resist and are weak to are though.

For instance 4X weak to ground is huge. Heatran only gets away with it because it has a bunch of useful resistances.

If they do do a Fire/Poison, I want it to be something like I've imagined mega Weezing to be like: Good HP, capable of recovery outside rest, access to status attacks and a strong stab pr general attack for this it can't status. However, that sounds... Off... For a starter, so yeah.

Have you checked it recently?

Though even if your thing expires, your Pokes are still there (just that you can't take them out or move stuff until you renew it). 

Well, unless they've changed things:

"If your trial pass or annual pass expires and you do not purchase a new pass, you can still withdraw your Pokémon from Pokémon Bank for a set period of time. However, once that set period of time ends, any Pokémon remaining in your Pokémon Bank Boxes will be lost. Be sure to withdraw your deposited Pokémon as soon as possible, or purchase a new annual pass."

Remember when Gen IV had a Grass/Ground starter that got a super effective STAB on the fire starter, a Fire/Fighting starter that got a Super Effective STAB on the Water starter– further embellished by the fact that the Water starter was also Steel and didn't get any super effective STAB attacks on the Grass/Ground starter? Just because there were "two" rivals, only one of which that mattered? THAT defeated the purpose. ;')

Gen 4 was weird as funk.

I mean...

Grass/Ground > Fire/Fighting & Water/Steel

Fire/Fighting > Grass/Ground & Water/Steel

Water/Steel > Fire/Fighting & Grass/Ground

It reversed the order, somewhat, but it still didn't make any stand out against the rest.

A Grass/Flying can do 1x damage against a Fire/Ground, which is what I'm getting at; It can't be a full circle, because of this, and said circle is what it always sticks to; even at final forms.

I honestly use the bank to store some extra near perfect or perfect pokemon. All my competitive pokemon I leave in game.

This almost happens to me each of the past two years. The only reason I care about it though is that I'm trying to have every single pokémon in the bank so each time a new game comes out I can just move them back and forth between the new game and the bank and complete the pokedex stupid quick.

Yea, I really want to do a living Pokedex with Gen 7. I have a HUGE inventory of mon at this point from all my breeding and wonder trading and it shouldn't be THAT with the GTS giving me access to what I'm missing.  

4x resist 3 things

2x resist 4 things

6x Normal Resistance

2x weak to 3 things

4x weak to ground

Fire/Poison is actually a really good defensive type. Remember, Poison and Fire are next best two defensive types after Steel so in terms of sheer volume of resistances you have a lot. Also, your missing one on the defensive side

4x resist: Grass, Bug, Fairy

2x resist: Fire, Steel, Ice, Fighting, Poison

As a fun BTW highest nonsteel type combo that give most resistances is Fire/Ghost at 9.

I use my living pokedex to generate miles which I can convert into BP. I have a fair bit of BP on AS to use for he move tutors after I finish my little breeding projects. It's also great for storing mons that you might need for breeding, like this shiny Swanna I had to breed in Defog and Brave Bird onto a Zubat.

I expect someone here has heard about this before but just in case I'm wrong, I'll post about it anyway because no one's mentioned it here yet. It's about the video SoulFire posted. They and no one else here has mentioned this, and although I didn't watch it, I watched a video that from the titles, I assume they're about the same thing (posted a few hours before). In it, there was a correction done in an annotation. What it said was,

"I'M LIKELY INCORRECT: Upon reading your comments and researching, I think it's in-fact ROWLET that will evolve into a Grass/Ground type, due to the order of the type images, and Litten will REMAIN Fire type! I'll discuss this all in a video tomorrow!"

By the order of the type images, obviously it's meant that because Ground is number 3 and comes before Fire (4), while Fighting is number 6 and comes after Water (5), Ground is meant to become Rowlet's type and Litten will not change types at all.

Of course, this isn't confirmed yet (so don't take it as it if it is), but it just sounds a bit more likely than Fire/Ground due to the order of the images.

It could be cool because we haven't had a pure Fire type starter since Gen II, but that's just what I think.

EDIT: Right, what I think about Rowlet being Grass/Ground (if it's true). Uh, it's not as cool. :)

I dunno, if I was designing a website for the new Pokemon game and knew people can look at the code to see the typings, I'd throw in a bunch of misleading stuff so it could remain a secret. Just saying, they may have done that.

Fire/Poison is actually a really good defensive type. Remember, Poison and Fire are next best two defensive types after Steel so in terms of sheer volume of resistances you have a lot. Also, your missing one on the defensive side

4x resist: Grass, Bug, Fairy

2x resist: Fire, Steel, Ice, Fighting, Poison

The problem is what Cow points out:

Depends what the things they resist and are weak to are though.

Fire/Poison is x4 weak to Ground, one of the most common and powerful attacking types in the game. It's other weaknesses are Psychic, Water, and Rock, all three of which are serious attacking threats and the last of which means 1/4 of your HP goes to Stealth Rocks.

Gen 4 was weird as funk.

I mean...

Grass/Ground > Fire/Fighting & Water/Steel

Fire/Fighting > Grass/Ground & Water/Steel

Water/Steel > Fire/Fighting & Grass/Ground

It reversed the order, somewhat, but it still didn't make any stand out against the rest.

A Grass/Flying can do 1x damage against a Fire/Ground, which is what I'm getting at; It can't be a full circle, because of this, and said circle is what it always sticks to; even at final forms.

Yeah but the Rock/Paper/Scissors thing still holds together because each has a STAB special effective attack on the next in the rotation and doesn't have one on the mon opposite in the rotation.

I use my living pokedex to generate miles which I can convert into BP. I have a fair bit of BP on AS to use for he move tutors after I finish my little breeding projects. It's also great for storing mons that you might need for breeding, like this shiny Swanna I had to breed in Defog and Brave Bird onto a Zubat.

The amount of BPs I have from Pokémiles is ridiculous and stupid and I never want to go back to the old system of acquiring them. EVER.

Archived