Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically looks like they're going to be doing the Fire Emblem approach, where when you zoom in on a particular map, the battlefield actually shows what's around you, which is basically where we've been trying to go for a while now.

My sister informed me of a possible post by Masuda on Instagram, showing a new Eeveelution. I have seen nothing mention it on his Twitter, or on Serebi, so it is probably fake, but I want to make mention of this just in the chance it is real. As for Type, I can't tell...Maybe Ghost?

Sorry for the double post but...

https://youtu.be/nOcxsg22x1E

This is interesting because it is backwards with how Kalos did their starter typings. Now their types make them (kinda) stronger against eachother. Grass/Flying >> Water/Fighting >> Fire/Ground

Granted the Ground typing isnt weaker to fighting.

Also, Rowlets final form would be immune to ground...

So really it just gives a reason for people to hate on popplio even more tbh

This is interesting because it is backwards with how Kalos did their starter typings. Now their types make them (kinda) stronger against eachother. Grass/Flying >> Water/Fighting >> Fire/Ground

That is actually really interesting. If its true (and it certainly has a fair bit of weight) we'd have had all the starter types end up with Fighting as a secondary type. IMO Water/Fighting isn't the best type combo but Fire/Ground is a personal favorite despite the 4x weakness to Water. Curious to see what they end up looking like.

The whole purpose of Dragon types was their resistance to the original trio starters. Having a fairy starter would throw that away...

Water types learn Ice Beam and with most Dragons being 4x weak they get ran through by them.

Honestly if this is true, it continues to bug me with Popplio. why?

Why the funk is Samurott not ITS final form, instead of Oshawott. Samurott screams fighting type, to boot.

It just confuses me to no end.

owl has best type matchup overall, though.

PRAISE THE HOOT

I... Am literally incapable of seeing Popplio becoming a Water/Fighting. Hes a lover, not a fighter.

The whole purpose of Dragon types was their resistance to the original trio starters. Having a fairy starter would throw that away...

Water-Types are prone to learning Ice Beam/etc. It makes the whole Dragon-Type thing moot anyway.

Hell, the one is a motherfucking Flying-Type. That alone is a massive impact on starters, as a whole.

Wait how is it the same as Kalos but backwards?

Kalos was Grass/Fighting >> Water/Dark >> Fire/Psychic.

Now it's Grass/Flying >> Water/Fighting >> Fire/Ground.

It's still the same direction, except Popplio and Litten's second types wouldn't give them STAB that's super effective against the mon their other type is strong against, and now Rowlett's grass STAB attacks will be normal effective rather than not very.

It's much more like if Sceptile's second type was Electric instead of nothing in Gen III.

Water/Ground >> Fire/Fighting >> Grass/Electric.

Honestly if this is true, it continues to bug me with Popplio. why?

Why the funk is Samurott not ITS final form, instead of Oshawott. Samurott screams fighting type, to boot.

It just confuses me to no end.

Glad I'm not the only one who immediately started saying this.

If Popplio does evolve into a Water/Fighting, I won't be too upset about it. Yeah, it'll be 4x weak to Rowlett's evo line or any Grass types (but then it has Ice Beam to deal with it anyway, presumably). Just depends on what their base stats end up being though.

(Then again, least we don't have another Fire/Fighting type)

I hope it's not Water/Fighting, unless it learns some decent fighting moves. Samurott was pretty meh as a physical water type due to having a pretty eh move pool, but then, pure water. Honestly I hope Popp is a special expert.

idk Swords Dance, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, and Megahorn were pretty good overall.

I think Rowlet will be physical, Litten will be mixed, and Poppilio will be special, though.

idk Swords Dance, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, and Megahorn were pretty good overall.

I think Rowlet will be physical, Litten will be mixed, and Poppilio will be special, though.

Its ok, but nothing special. Sam is still easily one of the worse starters of the 18.

I think it can go either way for Litten and Poppilio on which gets mixed and which gets special. At this point most of the generation can at least somewhat fall into those categories so I don't think it will change with 7.

Alright so.

Gen 1: Grass, bulky Special attacker. Water....bulky....Special attacker. Focus on bulk. Fire, fast Special attacker.

Gen 2: Grass, bulky Special attacker. Focus on bulk. Water, somewhat bulky Physical attacker. Fire, fast Special attacker.

Gen 3: Grass, fast Special attacker. Water, bulky Physical attacker. Fire, Mixed attacker.

Gen 4: Grass, bulky Physical attacker. Water, bulky Special attacker. Fire, fast Mixed attacker

Gen 5: Grass, fast but fairly bulky Special attacker. Water, somewhat bulky Mixed attacker. Fire, slow slightly bulky Physical attacker

Gen 6: Grass, bulky Physical attacker. Water, fast Special attacker. Fire, fast, specially bulky, Special attacker.

So let's see....Clearly Grass is usually bulky, and special. So hopefully Rowlet ends up being fast and physical.

Water tends to be bulky as well, and kinda spread out for special and physical. So not sure where I'd like Poppilio to fall. Maybe another Physical or Mixed attacker.

Fire is almost always a fast special attacker or mixed attacker. Though Ape and Blaziken are both usually physical. So...I kinda want to see a well done bulky Fire type. They do have some interesting resistance possibilities.

It doesn't seem like they have a pattern with the three. as in, there isn't "one bulky, one fast, one powerful attacker." or "One special one mixed one physical". Which is interesting.

Gen 5 had the most variety in this aspect.

So honestly I have no clue.

Well we have only seen......eight Gen 7 Pokemon so far, and one of them is just a wire frame, and we only have confirmed names for four of the eight. Though I see a lot of people calling the Sun Legendary Solgaleo. Combo of Sol ( Latin for Sun ), Galelio ( The Astronomer ), and Leo ( Lion ).

Well we have only seen......eight Gen 7 Pokemon so far, and one of them is just a wire frame, and we only have confirmed names for four of the eight. Though I see a lot of people calling the Sun Legendary Solgaleo. Combo of Sol ( Latin for Sun ), Galelio ( The Astronomer ), and Leo ( Lion ).

The names - Solgaleo, Lunala, and Marshadow - all come from trademarks taken out that appear to be related to the Pokemon Sun and Moon titles. Now these are english translations of the Japanese names and aren't likely to be their actual final names.

Archived