Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We only saw a small corner of the region so we likely will see some. This is Hawaii and island chains is kind of their thing. Can't Surf everywhere now can we?

Considering there's at least 20-40 miles worth of ocean between each island over here, yeah. (Between here and Hawai'i island [big Island] is about 200+)

They'll probably have a ferry or something to take you across (or probably airplane), but we'll see in later Directs. 

inb4 I was already developing a Fakemon region based on Hawai'i before this came out

Thing is, Fly isn't the best move-

Dude.

Dude.

It's the fact you already have a viable Pokemon to use Fly with. The movie is whatever, but it's the fact you dont need to include a Flying-Type just to make transportation easier. You already have a Pokemon you can teach Fly, and then go right on ahead and start flying around the region.

Considering there's at least 20-40 miles worth of ocean between each island over here, yeah. (Between here and Hawai'i island [big Island] is about 200+)

They'll probably have a ferry or something to take you across (or probably airplane), but we'll see in later Directs. 

inb4 I was already developing a Fakemon region based on Hawai'i before this came out

They will likely scale things down for the game. Just look at Unova and the scaling there.

Dude.

Dude.

It's the fact you already have a viable Pokemon to use Fly with. The movie is whatever, but it's the fact you dont need to include a Flying-Type just to make transportation easier. You already have a Pokemon you can teach Fly, and then go right on ahead and start flying around the region.

Fair enough.

Here's a silly thought...

What if the owl evolves from a Grass/Flying into a Grass/Dragon?

Sure, it's counterproductive to the usual method for starters, but hey, it's just a guess.

I have thought about them possibly changing the type. Though so few Pokemon change type on evolving it would be something, even discounting its a starter thats doing it. 

What if all the final evolutions are dragons?

I love Dragons, but that would be a BIT much.

as long as this game continues the hype train, make unusable pokemon go OU or higher with kick-ass mega evolution's i will be happy.

That being said, i really think that region will more likely be a mega "reboot" of previous pokemons rather than a complete gen because somewhere in interview a guy said about "10" new pokemon, which might be a joke but still i feel that many pokes from 1st, 2nd gen might get some mega evo's. (Prays for broken stuff). 

As for typing's, these 4 intrigue me the most:

Fire/Fairy - Pretty much middle finger to everything.

Dark/Fairy - Why not, seems boss.

Electric/Fighting - It's been a while since we saw a real bad-ass electric type and the notion of electric types being the best in special attack needs to be broken and this would be cool. Also middle finger to flying types.

Ghost/Fighting - This though, seems the most troll worthy. Covering dark weakness and also going troll on other types.

Just like was said, there really wasn't any confirmation  so this is all just a maybe, but I think both of those guys in the trailer could be professors. After all, they do both have names based on trees from what it looks like. Like I said though, just a maybe.

Also, I apologize if this was mentioned. I looked through everything, but I that was a while ago and I didn't remember everything that was posted.

EDIT: What I mean is it was mentioned that it wasn't confirmed WHO was the professor, not that what I just said wasn't confirmed (about both of them being). Though that wasn't confirmed either.

EDIT 2: Obviously that wasn't confirmed either if who the proffessor is wasn't confirmed. I have no idea what I'm doing.

as long as this game continues the hype train, make unusable pokemon go OU or higher with kick-ass mega evolution's i will be happy.

That being said, i really think that region will more likely be a mega "reboot" of previous pokemons rather than a complete gen because somewhere in interview a guy said about "10" new pokemon, which might be a joke but still i feel that many pokes from 1st, 2nd gen might get some mega evo's. (Prays for broken stuff). 

As for typing's, these 4 intrigue me the most:

Fire/Fairy - Pretty much middle finger to everything.

Dark/Fairy - Why not, seems boss.

Electric/Fighting - It's been a while since we saw a real bad-ass electric type and the notion of electric types being the best in special attack needs to be broken and this would be cool. Also middle finger to flying types.

Ghost/Fighting - This though, seems the most troll worthy. Covering dark weakness and also going troll on other types.

The 10 new Pokemon thing was a joke. It was something like "the new game will have at least 10 new Pokemon". The joke being between 3 starters and the cover legendary Pokemon you have 11.

Fire/Fairy and Dark/Fairy are the types I'm most interested. Also Grass/Fire simply because I saw a sweet fake mon a LONG time ago that was a Jack-o-lanturn and want to see something like that in the games.

I didn't notice this until I saw someone on Reddit point it out, but the "chibi-like" models from XY/ORAS looks like they're gone. I'm personally okay with this, the characters' head always looked way too big for their body on those games. I really do like how great the graphics look from what we've seen, it has been gorgeous so far.

After seeing an idea for a normal/ghost possum on Reddit, I really liked that idea and think that would be a cool concept for a pokemon. Also, I want a ground meerkat pokemon. Watchog doesn't do it for me when it comes to a meerkat pokemon and I want one that actually looks like the animal.

I'm curious if they will give older Pokemon actual evolutions going forward. Mega Evos serve a VERY similar function and it lets them push the power level even more than they would be able to otherwise. I feel like learning how to best allocate those two things is going to be really important since some pokemon really should get normal evolutions.

I'm picking Popplio for now, though decision may change depending on everything else. (I think I posted general reasons why I'd take this one in that Poll).

As for legendary, Sun for now because flame lions are cool (though let's see how the Moon legendary turns out). Depending on how cool it is, might be a pain trying to find someone willing to trade ones they don't want. 

Archived