Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, running has always been speed as far as I know. I mean, if it were based on level then even a level 35 Mudsdale could flee a level 20 Wingull, but clearly that's not the case. It's a pain in the arse when your lead mon is slow as sheet and it takes 3 turns to flee something SO not worth your time, and you just kill it out of sheer frustration. Makes me hesitant to lead with my Golisopod or aforementioned Mudsdale.

Nah, running has always been speed as far as I know. I mean, if it were based on level then even a level 35 Mudsdale could flee a level 20 Wingull, but clearly that's not the case. It's a pain in the arse when your lead mon is slow as sheet and it takes 3 turns to flee something SO not worth your time, and you just kill it out of sheer frustration. Makes me hesitant to lead with my Golisopod or aforementioned Mudsdale.

I've never used Pokemon THIS slow so I've never come up on that. But yea, that makes sense.

I gotta say that I ADORED the ghost trial. Like, it's my absolute favourite right now. The atmosphere was genuinely creepy, and finding the Totem at the end was actually pretty unnerving. Props to Gamefreak for the awesome trial.

Not to mention the room the totem pokemon was in disappeared post game! Like freaky! Oh and the door to the room is also gone......

Nothing beats the fire trial when the Hiker showed up. So f***ing funny.

[spoiler=To those who have beaten the game.]Who has shown up for you whenever you defended your title? So far I've had Hau, Hapu, Gladion, and Kukui.

What about the friggin dark grand trial? No trial beats that!

Nanu (before grand trial moment): im not important, just a spy on team skull.

Nanu (at moment): oh look im the kuahna! Lets se if you're worthy!

So not sure if it was a bug or not but when I unlocked Poke Pelago and went through it's tutorial on clicking the tree for Beans. rather then just go along with the tutorial I just kept clicking the tree over and over for beans. I ended up with a lot of them and then finished it. So was that an exploit or we're we suppose to get that huge amount?

That shiny Minior looks really nice. Congrats on it.

So i've started my first competitive doubles team and may I say that getting the nature is easily the hardest part. Once you get it even once you can just everstone the rest.

I did have a friend send me a 6IV ditto though so it definitely does help me not worry about IVs or anything.

Well at level 1 its actual stats are probably not what you're asking about. Its IVs are lame but unimportant because of Hyper Training. For EVs I'm going 252 attack, 158 special attack, and 100 speed. Moves are gonna be Shell Smash, Power Gem, Acrobatics, and Earthquake. Gonna need to stock up on White Herbs, though.

I finally got Isle Evelup to 3rd rank, so right now I've got my Pokemon going through that. At rank 3 each session gives 4 EVs in the stat you chose, so I've got them on a 31 hour batch of 63 sessions in the 252s I'm aiming for. Can't speed it up any just yet because I used all my beans developing the island but I'll be able to use them for later sessions. BP is just so darn slow to get in this game I'm not going to bother with SOS chaining for EVs because actually getting the Power items would take too much effort, but I can just leave them to their own devices in the Pelago and get it done without having to lift a finger.

I also finally got hold of a 5 star Rare Kitchen in Festival Plaza, that'll be really useful for quick training. Most of them only raise a Pokemon by a single level and are more expensive but can be used on higher leveled Pokemon, but one of the meals raises a Pokemon that's below 79 by 7 levels, and another raises a Pokemon below 89 by 9 levels, since I've got my Plaza to rank 30 I have access to those. Also, if anyone gets hold of a 3 star Ball Store, let me know, I want to get one of those so I can buy Premier Balls directly.

EDIT: You know, I felt that it was kinda mean that you can't tell that Minior is shiny when it's shield is up, so if you miss the initial sparkle you have no idea you're up against a shiny one until you break the shell.

And then I saw Alola Vulpix/Ninetails.

Alright, just beaten the third Kahuna and now gonna go to Aether Paradise again. Po Town was really sweet and I love the atmosphere there, and damn, that Mimikyu totem surprised me with Gengar and hypnosis spam.

My current Team are:

LV40 Champ the Brave Golisopod 

LV38 Garfield the Hasty A-Persian

LV37 Grounded the Calm Haunter

LV36 Ameijin the Timid Baile Oricorio (Probably gonna grind until it gets Revelation Dance at 40)

Lv40 Z-Dog the Bold Zygarde-10% 

I suck at nicknames. Have a gumshoos at reserve but idk if I should include it or not. Am I funked for this stage of the game?

Archived