Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The real MVP of my playthrough was Golisopod.

YES PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. He's so good. Also, First Impression is not only a priority move, it's +2 so it's up there with Extreme Speed and others.

[spoiler=Got a long road ahead of me.]I'm going to catch Necrozma with my remaining 30+ Beast Balls. Problem is he's not actually an Ultra Beast, so the catch rate is garbage with them.

I almost forgot to add Zygarde 10% to my dogs & cats only run. Zordruff.

YES PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. He's so good. Also, First Impression is not only a priority move, it's +2 so it's up there with Extreme Speed and others.

Plus he's super bulky physically and his typing is fantastic, so he just kind of shrugs off most attacks. And if you funk up and he gets hit hard, you get a free switch.

I haven't even noted that he also has access to Aqua Jet. And Leech Life being base 80 now means he can keep himself in the green longer than you'd think.

Yeah, slap an Assault Vest on him and he's ready to wreck shop.

[spoiler=Remembered something cute from post-game.]Wicke mentions that as a kid Gladion's clothes were always torn from roughhousing with Null and he'd try and fix them himself, guess that's continued to the present. D'awwww. Gladion is somehow considerably less edgy than you'd expect.

Yeah, slap an Assault Vest on him and he's ready to wreck shop.

[spoiler=Remembered something cute from post-game.]Wicke mentions that as a kid Gladion's clothes were always torn from roughhousing with Null and he'd try and fix them himself, guess that's continued to the present. D'awwww. Gladion is somehow considerably less edgy than you'd expect.

Baton Pass Eevee into Golisopod and funk everything up. (which is probably not that smart considering Golisopod's ability)

[spoiler=in general]

GLADION IS SUPER ADORABLE. WHENEVER HE SMILES I ASCEND A LITTLE MORE.

Not to mention Lillie, who at several points I just looked between her and my character and just thought "kisssssssssssss"

JUST LOOK AT MY AVATAR. LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS.

Lillie was a wonderful creation of a side character, having someone going along with you who's not a trainer and acts and develops differently as a result was really interesting. And yeah, she's cute, and I'll be honest I had the same thought a couple times despite my character being female this time.

[spoiler=plus]The fact that they were both integral to the story and their relationship with Lusamine made things super interesting, though I already made a long post about that earlier.

sheet now I don't know who is the more beautiful cinnamon roll in this game.

So, after 28 hours, I have beaten the main game. With Kazo the Raichu, Zangief the Incineroar, Voltic the Vikavolt, Izume the Lyanroc, Greninja the Greninja, and Quick the Mimikyu, I have defeated the Elite Four. 

I was really invested in this story, which is a lot more than what I could say for most Pokemon games besides Gen 5. It was a lot of fun, I gave to admit.

I can't believe I never noticed the middle letters of his name. He's even got the JoJo poses!

tumblr_od4z5vRM9F1tin2mpo1_500.jpg

I really wish there was a way to get more than 1 of the apricorn balls that Alolan Oak gives us. Like, how am I not going to try and catch Lunala in the 1 Moon Ball I have?!

Okay that nugget bridge thing crosses the line, they have to be doing a remake for RBY in the next few years. I doubt it's the rumored Stars vers. on Switch, but I can't imagine they're not doing this with how the entire game seems built on referencing Gen 1.

I can't believe I never noticed the middle letters of his name. He's even got the JoJo poses!

A lot of people seem to be upset when people make JJBA references out of stuff in Sun/Moon, but when you stop to look at a lot of the content within the game- It's obvious as to why all of it was made. Plus, it honestly made this gen so much better then it needed to be. Or at least, was the icing on this perfect cake.

Funny because this alone is the reason smogon just banned it LOL. I truly underestimated it, I can tell you that much.

Also does anyone know a good way to SOS for HAs? Would entrainment (if any of the mons available have it) be good for checking abilities?

Entrainment is the best way to check for HAs. Though I'd recommend doing this with a high level Pokemon since you can be worn down fast checking everything. As for triggering SOS battles, they made an item for just such a thing.

Yeah, I made a status about it earlier and brought up it getting banned to Ubers, though now that status is gone because I posted another one on top of it. 216 base HP is just utterly ridiculous with any sort of reasonable defenses, I love it.

Saw something funny.

MY17QYn.jpg?1

EDIT: UB-02's name is actually Buzzwole, that's hilarious. He also flexes a lot, even in his fainting animation, that's fantastic.

I said it before, but the NPC dialog in the game is great.

EDIT: Araquanid, you're sending me mixed signals here.

Sun: It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown.

Moon: Despite what its appearance suggests, it cares for others. If it finds vulnerable, weak Pokémon, it protectively brings them into its water bubble.

'NOTHER EDIT: So shiny Pokemon can show up in the Poke Pelago. Better hope they decide to stay the next day.

I know the Pokedex was always dark, but seriously, they pushed up up a notch this time around. 

I really wish there was a way to get more than 1 of the apricorn balls that Alolan Oak gives us. Like, how am I not going to try and catch Lunala in the 1 Moon Ball I have?!

That seems miserable. But yea, only one of the apricorn balls does suck. Going to need friends if you want custom Pokeballs for all your Pokemon. Though I'm just happy I can have my Jolteon in a Fast Ball.

Anyway, going to need to remember to read though all the spoilers. Really want to see people's thoughts when I finish.

Anyway, going to need to remember to read though all the spoilers. Really want to see people's thoughts when I finish.

I think most of the main spoiler talk starts on page 154, fyi.

[spoiler=WTF]As I was making this post I was thinking about what else I wanted to say, then I catch Necrozma in the first Premier Ball of that attempt, which is the first attempt I decided to catch it in a Premier Ball instead of a Beast Ball, since I want to save my Beast Balls for ones I want to breed. I've been trying for almost 2 hours!

Also, it's really nice that if you make him faint, you get the "you still feel its presence around" message like with the Ultra Beasts, so you can just go right back to running in circles in the grass until you find him again.

[spoiler=Something to note if you want both Solgaleo and Lunala.]So post-game, if you go back to the Altar of the Sunne/Moone you will see a portal. You need to have your version Legendary in your party in order to go through it, and also it has to be night time in Sun and day time in Moon in order to go through it. Once you do, you'll be in a parallel world, sorta. The Altar of the Sunne/Moone will switch, as will the Lake of Sunne/Moone, as well as the time of day.

Note that nothing else changes beyond this, and you can go back through either side of the portal at any time, it seems this is just a way to change from day to night if you're trying to do certain things.

Anyways, go to the Lake of the Sunne/Moone, and when you get there, there'll be a cutscene and another Cosmog will show up. You can just add it to your party, no fight or anything. This Cosmog evolves into Cosmoem at level 43, and then into Solgaleo/Lunala at level 53, depending on your version. Thing is, all this does is give you a second copy of the same Legendary. So you'll just need to use your extra copy to trade for the other one that want.

This also means I can't actually go catch a Lunala in a Moon Ball. :(

Also, go back to Kukui in his lab after catching 50 Pokemon and he'll give you a Lucky Egg. Very useful.

As I was making this post I was thinking about what else I wanted to say, then I catch Necrozma in the first Premier Ball of that attempt, which is the first attempt I decided to catch it in a Premier Ball instead of a Beast Ball, since I want to save my Beast Balls for ones I want to breed. I've been trying for almost 2 hours!

Also, it's really nice that if you make him faint, you get the "you still feel its presence around" message like with the Ultra Beasts, so you can just go right back to running in circles in the grass until you find him again.

I thought necrozma was a regular pokemon? I did easily catch is in a ultra ball after all!

I mean im aware of the debate on wether it's a ultra beast or not, but i cab tell you its not. The game says "you caught the life form that appeared to be a ultra beast" whenever you catch necrozma!

Archived