Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game has a lot of really nice touches that I enjoy. Things like the Ace Trainers using actual strategy unlike most other trainers (like one that used Stealth Rock and then Yawn to prompt switch ins), or if trainers are bent a certain way (like someone was stretching backwards, or on the ground doing sit-ups) their line of sight actually fits with how they're looking. The Sightseer class of trainers also have the original version of Kanto Pokemon that are normally in their Alolan forms everywhere else.

Also, I mentioned how you do a spin move if you spin around in circles for long enough, if you spam the run button your character will eventually trip a little.

EDIT: Btw, I mentioned earlier that I found Hau really annoying, but I've come to like him a lot more since his interactions with Gladion, they're too good. And Lillie has become the most beautiful cinnamon roll in all of Pokemon.

[spoiler=GAME FREAK WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK (SPOILERS)]pokemon_sun_and_moon_mother_beast_lusami

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS AAAAGGHHH

Time to go to the League, then, drown out the memories.

EDIT: [spoiler=Knew it.]

I am so happy that Kukui is the last guy you have to become Champion. He totally shoulda done it as the Masked Royal, though.

EDIT EDIT:

[spoiler=TT^TT]LILLIE Y U DO DIS. KANTO IS SO FAR AND NOT IN THIS GAME.

Damn those credits got me good. TT^TT

Did get a nice new avatar from it, though.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

[spoiler=Oh sheet.]Looker is in the post-game, and he's brought the head of the International Police with him.

I've played a bit past becoming champ but I'd say it was after about 34.5 hours.

[spoiler=Now that I've beaten the game...]I think Lusamine is my favorite villain of the series (sorry Giovanni). Her interactions with her kids lend so much to her character, we get a lot more of her than we often do with Pokemon villains. Plus, I enjoy her villain archtype, in that she's absolutely funking insane. I've never thought, "Wow, this person is legit out of their god damned mind." with any Pokemon antagonists like I have with Lusamine, not even other villainous ones like Cyrus or Ghetsis. The final battle was also way different from what we usually get in Pokemon, though I guess that's to be expected when the plot partially revolves around aliens from another world, but god Mother Beast was creepy as hell. Even ya boi Guzma was like, "dis jabroni is crazy."

I really enjoyed Pokemon Sun: The Adventures of Lillie. She was such a fun character and it was nice seeing her progress, even to the point of confronting her mother at the end. The stuff with Cosmog was really touching as well. Based on the final image in the credits I'm assuming she's eventually going to become a trainer and start her own Island Challenge.

Gladion was a great anti-hero, though it's a shame he wasn't our rival like I had initially through pre-release. We only face him a scant few times (I think we actually face Hau more times than we face Gladion in total before we even face Gladion for the first time), and one of them was an unnecessary one brought about by him being understandably angry about the gang failing to keep his sister from getting kidnapped. It was also nice that 3/4 of his team were friendship evolutions, sort of like what they did with Silver, though Gladion was never a mean person to begin with.

Really the whole family was great, I like what Game Freak did using them as an integral part of the story. I think this game's story might be my favorite now (sorry BW).

Primarina, Incineroar, Decidueye, Snorlax, Vikavolt, and I just sorta had Zygarde 50% hanging around (need 19 more cells to get to 100%). Haven't been able to properly EV train my Wimpod or Mimikyu yet so they're currently sitting things out so I don't mess anything up, plus I plan on redoing and finalizing my team with proper natures and stuff now that I'm in the post-game.

btw I did have the Exp Share running the whole time, didn't really care to level grind or anything.

I would've loved that as well, and it would've made more sense, though I think that may have been too much of a departure from standard Pokemon given what was already happening.

[spoiler=Oh, also.]Cosmog evolving into Solgaleo/Lunala was really unexpected, I thought that was really cool.

You forgot to mention the Wingull's name.

Getting horrible natures can be a pain in such challenges. I remember having a Modest Kakuna in my Soul Silver wedlocke, and it wasn't the easiest thing to use.

Right. I named it my go to Wingull/Peliper name....Lloyd. Why? I have absolutely no idea.

Also the character's name is Naomi. Because of my RP character (Which you might remember from one of your few RP experiences I know of)

I feel bad. Ribombee is a constant on my team, she just never see's any action and if she does it's for a quick "Use some Pokemon Style homeopathic aromatherapy because I hate sleep and toxic" then just swamp her back out for something else. Despite her ability being pretty damn awesome and being the only Bug type on my team.

Been 3 days in, and I've reached the 4th Island. I still cannot fathom to know what had happened prior, but my reactions were the same as Shradow's pretty much. sheet gets down real hard.

I've also taken the time to fish in between trials, and using Special Fishing Hole method I caught Mareanie, Bruxish, and Dhelmise. Gonna try to breed for nature another time.

Current lineup is:

Purragatoro (Incineroar) LV 48

Hyde (Lycanroc Night) LV 46

Scybele (Lurantis) LV 46

Lilith (Salazzle) LV 46

Anomalocaris (Golisopod) LV 46

Mimicutie (Mimikyu) LV 46

Almost all of them are neutral nature; will breed and EV train for the future. Now that I'm on the 4th island, I'm now debating if I should raise a Jangmo-o now that my party's full. Never expected to put Mimikyu on but I've grown to like him a lot.

Currently in the process of trying to get a Dhelmise. Such a cool Pokemon, aesthetically, and having 3 STABs is nice. It's also a spinner that can spinblock, that's pretty neat.

I think I like SOS chaining even more than Horde Battles for EV training, you can get everything done in one battle, and with the Exp Share you can do it for multiple Pokemon all at once.

Guzma was such a fun bad guy, his theme is so good, too. He's actually pretty threatening, too, Golisopod is tough as nails.

it's ya boi Guzma

EDIT: Apparently you can catch the opposite Lycanrock from whatever version you have on the 4th island. Thanks, reddit.

Oh snap, also found this thanks to reddit, I visited that house but must've not talked to any of the NPCs to make the realization myself: http://imgur.com/a/61UGI

MOAR EDIT: GUYS YOU CAN BUY A SKULL TANK FROM THE PO TOWN POKEMON CENTER THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER.

Archived