Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't read all these posts buuuuut thoughts

[spoiler=Spoiler Crap About Video]Grass/Ghost that's so cool! Granted we recently got two of them. But it's still cool
Fire/Dark thank goodness. ALsoe Incineroar is a horrible horrible pun...I LOVE IT
Primarina is my favorite though now, seeing it in action.

Lele is adorable and I love it so much.
Bulu....I expect the jokes to be made
Fini is the best of them all though.
omg they summon the Yellow Devil.

......ofc Cynthia and Wally are there XD That's clever though....I swear to god if they don't include Phoebe....
Oh sheet son they're going full nostalgia mode. The fact that Blue and Red actually grew up is interesting, very, very interesting.

[spoiler=My thoughts on the video]

Man this is so great I love it. All three starter final evolutions look great, though I think I lean toward Decidueye and Primarina the most (also couldn't help but think of anime-Lorelei at the name). Incineroar I feel like should've been a fighting type (yes I know the slew of fire/fighting we have already) but seriously a wrestler cat just screams fighting. Primarina's special move confuses me a bit. I guess it's to offset Guts and Burn Orb users? Seems pretty circumstantial.

Also found this interesting little tidbit about Tapu Lele: "Tapu Lele scatters glowing scales that physically affect others—providing stimulation to their bodies and healing their illnesses or injuries. But these scales can be dangerous as well, because a body can’t withstand the changes brought about by contact with too many scales at the same time. It will scatter its scales over humans and Pokémon for its own enjoyment; while it is innocent in one sense, there is also cruelty in the way it casually brings others to ruin." It might look cute, but that's just a thin veneer. Also the fact its ability prevents priority moves from being used is huge.

And we finally have another cow legendary. Or whatever the island guardians are. And a narwal/clam legendary. The Z-move is insane, though.

Cosmog is cute, and I can't help but think about moogle naming conventions with it. Alolan Persian looks goofy, but still interested in using it. I like that its gem is a different color too.

Pre-Pokemon League is interesting and makes me wonder if Sun/Moon will have a sequel like Black/White did, specifically tackling the League, and seeing past trainers is cool too. Green looking more like a relaxed professor, and Red looking like a college frat boy. :526086_key: Also kind of amusing how they're dressed for the occasion. Can't help but think of them as tourists.

All you people talking about teams like it matters.

I mean, we all know how the game needs to be played, right....

That's true, but some of us would like to have a balanced team that can handle itself when needed in-game. Yeah, this isn't like Showdown where you really have to design a cohesive team or you get creamed, but it helps. (I've been doing a lot of Super Battles lately, so yeah.)

In my case, just make sure I have adequate type coverage and 'mons that can hold their own when the need calls for it. The list I made earlier is more/less set, given my impressions on the designs and what I think they're capable of doing from previews / usual type strategies. Team lineups will change as the need arises (and when we find out the base stats / movesets of the Alola stuff), and that may include swapping here/there.

Commenting on things a little late, but I loved everything in the last reveal video.

Decidueye turning into a Ghost is a very cool and unexpected twist. And a signature move that I might actually keep this time is a nice bonus.

Love Incineroar and particularly relieved that he was Dark and not Fighting. Him being a heel but with a heart of gold underneath makes him very endearing to me and guaranteed fun to play on my second playthrough. And his Dark Lariat's just amazing.

Primarina is cool too, not so hot on her signature move but I totally approve of her design and Fairy typing.

I absolutely positively love the Battle Tree. Seeing an older Red and Blue immediately made my shitty morning into a totally okay one. The 96 on Red's shirt that I didn't realize at first was an awesome little touch. Sun and Moon are really on top of their little touches.

I'm also torn. I kind of want to check out the leaked Pokedex, but another part of me is saying maybe I should just hold off for the next three weeks and learn whatever they decide to put out until then.

For any who have seen the leaks, are they worth checking out now or should I hold off?

Commenting on things a little late, but I loved everything in the last reveal video.

Decidueye turning into a Ghost is a very cool and unexpected twist. And a signature move that I might actually keep this time is a nice bonus.

Love Incineroar and particularly relieved that he was Dark and not Fighting. Him being a heel but with a heart of gold underneath makes him very endearing to me and guaranteed fun to play on my second playthrough. And his Dark Lariat's just amazing.

Primarina is cool too, not so hot on her signature move but I totally approve of her design and Fairy typing.

I absolutely positively love the Battle Tree. Seeing an older Red and Blue immediately made my shitty morning into a totally okay one. The 96 on Red's shirt that I didn't realize at first was an awesome little touch. Sun and Moon are really on top of their little touches.

I'm also torn. I kind of want to check out the leaked Pokedex, but another part of me is saying maybe I should just hold off for the next three weeks and learn whatever they decide to put out until then.

For any who have seen the leaks, are they worth checking out now or should I hold off?

Apart from

[spoiler=spoilers]ultra beasts

there is very little left of the pokedex to be revealed. Take that however you wish.

As said above we have VERY little left to see. Side from UBs we only have 5 evolutions, and 3 more families left to officially see.

Y'know, the one thing I hope from the new status screen for our Pokemon is the ability to know precisely how many bleeding EVs we have in a stat, rather than some numberless graph.

You can check the actual numbers if you use a reset bag. You can also check at level 50 if you have a place that can do stat calculations and you're using a 252/252/4 EV spread. Generally, I EV train to 250 then do super training and the +2 shows the EV is maxed.

Also, since people are talking about teams

io25mq.png

I still need to cover Fighting and Fairy types and I'm not sure if I can do that with one slot. I might end up cutting the bug for the extra space. For other Pokemon I'm considering the Fire/Poison lizard is up there and Silvally can fill any roll. Though I'm not sure how easy Silvally will end up being to get.

I caved.

[spoiler=Dex Impressions]

Honestly, I'm really satisfied with the Pokémon we've gotten this gen. The Ultra Beasts look really cool, and they also look more like monsters than anything else we've seen in Pokémon, they have a much more savage touch and it makes me intrigued to see what fighting them is like.

What else looked good...Wimpod's evolution for sure, might make it my water mon. Salandit pretty much secured my fire slot, Marshadow looks a lot different from Solgaleo and Lunaala but in a good way. Speaking of, are those really their pre-evos? If so, that's...really interesting. 

Alola Golem's amazing, made me think of Admiral Bobbery with its retracted arms and mustache. He was actually near the top of my head on who should get an Alola form so getting a prediction right's a first for me.

Pikachu with the hats is funny. Good gag Nintendo.

Still very much excited to play these games. I should probably work on tempering my hype a bit so I don't set absurd expectations, but still.

Also, funk yeah on no more HMs.

Archived