Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Ghost owl is awesome. Though I doubt I'll use its signature move. Wonder what its stats are like. (Like most starters, probably bad)

Startes tend to be at least half way decent Pokemon. On average they end up good enough for UU.

Anyway, thoughts.

Wasn't expecting the Owl to become Ghost. Though given the expected Dark and Fairy, Ghost would have rounded out the secondary type beating the type weak starter's second. (EDIT: Ghost doesn't beat Fairy. I dumb) The signature move being Physical makes me thing he will be a mix attacker with a slight bias to physical. Very happy the cat is indeed Dark, and indeed a heel. Like literally, it is the Heel Pokemon. I wanted to see if the mermaid had a different gender ratio given the SUPER female design, but nope. We don't see its gender in either video.

Lele is cute and has a sweet type combo and has a solid ability. Fini has my favorite design. Also a really good type. Just wish it had a better ability. Bulu is the least interesting for me. Weird we got a Grass and Water guardian but not a Fire one.

Given the spoiler stuff we know about Cosmog interesting to see it revealed now. Curious what exactly the deal with it will end up being.

Happy we are likely getting a League. IMO that is just too central to Pokemon to not include. The return of old characters is always sweet. I would like to see more than just past champions though. Also, wow, Red and Green got old.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Startes tend to be at least half way decent Pokemon. On average they end up good enough for UU.

Anyway, thoughts.

Wasn't expecting the Owl to become Ghost. Though given the expected Dark and Fairy, Ghost would have rounded out the secondary type beating the type weak starter's second. The signature move being Physical makes me thing he will be a mix attacker with a slight bias to physical. Very happy the cat is indeed Dark, and indeed a heel. Like literally, it is the Heel Pokemon. I wanted to see if the mermaid had a different gender ratio given the SUPER female design, but nope. We don't see its gender in either video.

Lele is cute and has a sweet type combo and has a solid ability. Fini has my favorite design. Also a really good type. Just wish it had a better ability. Bulu is the least interesting for me. Weird we got a Grass and Water guardian but not a Fire one.

Given the spoiler stuff we know about Cosmog interesting to see it revealed now. Curious what exactly the deal with it will end up being.

Happy we are likely getting a League. IMO that is just too central to Pokemon to not include. The return of old characters is always sweet. I would like to see more than just past champions though. Also, wow, Red and Green got old.

How many years have passed for Red to get a redesign like that, and if that were true, imagine all the past characters with redesigns.

[spoiler personal pleasure]

Who wants to se the female gym leaders and E4 of old in Alolan wear?

(Bet you thought I was gonna say bikinis)

The fact that Red and Green are clearly older, and the Zygarde thing pretty much cements this is a good amount of time after Gen 1, and it isn't how Pokemon Leagues and Gyms become a thing.

Though just how old are the returning characters by now?

Blue, Red, and presumably Wally are all 10 or 11 when we first meet them. Cynthia is likely in her early 20s.

Gens 1/3 to Gens 2/4 is three years. We don't know how long it is between 2/4 and 5, but we know two years pass in between BW and B2W2. No info on how long between B2W2 and Gen 6, or Gen 6 to now. So Red, Blue, and Wally are probably in their mid to late teens, and Cynthia is probably in her mid to late 20s.

This also goes with the rumor that we would be seeing returning characters. I think the others the rumor mentioned were Lance, N, Zinnia, AZ, Looker, and  I think Alder. That would also be every Champion we've had so far except for Iris and Diantha.

Also, it seems the Tapus's Z Move deals damage equal to 75% of the target's remains HP.

O.o That Grass Ghost damn this is good.

I love Primarina. They'r the only one that's resistant to both typings of their typing advantage

Water > Fire Fairy > Dark

Conversely

Fire/Dark = Fairy (= means neutral damage)

I'm definitely catching all of the Guardians and their Z-Move looks insane.

Edit: Derped Litten line also is resistant to both it's typing match ups.

I'm down for the Ghost Owl and the mermaid seal. Just need someone to trade me the fire tigre.

But wait, Grass Ghost, Fire Dark, Water Fairy? The first types seem strong, but the secondary's sort of...

Okay, Incineroar is fire dark, but a fairy attack would cause neutral damage. What is the typing theme here? Last time fire psychic beats Grass Fighting, Grass Fighting beats Water Dark, Water dark beats Fire Psychic.

I too will catch the fab 4 deities.

Also, I think Fini looks great. I want Fini's Z move to have this body:

Anyone know what the uncensored version of Helios the Primordial Sun looks like? Something like that.

["Audio-Only" Message]

* Seems to me that the secondary typings of the Alolan Starter Trio...

* Are meant to be a counter to the secondary typings of their respective Kalosian counterparts:

* Decidueye's Ghost Typing makes it immune to Chestnaught's Fighting Typing, plus it would have access to Flying Moves, for extra coverage.

* Incineroar's Dark Typing makes it immune to—and superior over—Delphox's Psychic Typing.

* Primarina's Fairy Typing gives it resistance against—and superiority over—Greninja's Dark Typing (provided, of course, that said Greninja does not have Protean as its Ability).

Okay, Incineroar is fire dark, but a fairy attack would cause neutral damage. What is the typing theme here? Last time fire psychic beats Grass Fighting, Grass Fighting beats Water Dark, Water dark beats Fire Psychic.

It is very hard to make a duel type trio have both types resisted one way and able to deal super effective damage the other. Might actually be impossible. I could check through them, but lazy. 

["Audio-Only" Message]

* Are meant to be a counter to the secondary typings of their respective Kalosian counterparts:

* Decidueye's Ghost Typing makes it immune to Chestnaught's Fighting Typing, plus it would have access to Flying Moves, for extra coverage.

* Incineroar's Dark Typing makes it immune to—and superior over—Delphox's Psychic Typing.

* Primarina's Fairy Typing gives it resistance against—and superiority over—Greninja's Dark Typing (provided, of course, that said Greninja does not have Protean as its Ability).

If they wanted that they could have left the Owl flying to also have the x2 STAB.

["Audio-Only" Message]

Yeah but Primarina has super effective STAB on all 3 of the Kalos starters. Water -> Delphox, Fairy -> Chesnaught & Greninja

Technically Decidueye does basically the same thing: Grass -> Greninja, Ghost -> Delphox + immunity and resistance from Chesnaught STAB & known access to Flying moves.

Anyone know what the uncensored version of Helios the Primordial Sun looks like? Something like that.

You mean this: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/7/7d/HeliosThePrimordialSun-TF04-JP-VG.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120611225619

----

At this point in time, I think my initial team is pretty much set for the time being; barring anything that is still unknown. Decision on buying Moon as well is still up in the air.

Probable team for Sun:

• Primarina (I said I'm sticking with Water starter, and I intend to do it)
  • Lycanroc (Midday version, unless Night one convinces me otherwise, or I can get ahold of one)
  • Kommo-o
  • Espeon (well, apparently it's available; either I try to breed a fresh one or import 4-5 IV ones from OR/AS or X/Y after I get enough badges/whatever to control it.)
  • Mudsdale (I already mentioned this earlier, right?)
  • Alola Ninetales

Side options

• Lucario (well, technical staple for me from Gen 5 onward)
  • Vikavolt
  • Type-O / Silvally (depending on how easy it'll be to get)
  • Incineroar (depending on if I find someone who can trade one, OR I buy Moon and choose Litten as starter)

Archived