Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Gotta say I'm liking the NPC trainers so far. Especially that female Ace Trainer.

Also I like how the demo is set up with a bunch of mini-events but I want to be a completionist and find them all yet...don't have that kind of time.

I love how the game controls, though, that walk animation is so...odd.

Aaaand I think I noticed lag during the totem thingy

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played the demo and so far it's nice. I mean, we fought Plumeria, we got Pretty Feathers, we got Ash Greninja, just wish we had more like catch pokemon, or buy stuff. But it is nice so no complaints here.

As for Ash Greninja, I'm putting using it on my team on hold until I get whatever it is you get for having Pokemon below Lv. 40 listen to you.

TW, any word on names of the final stage of the starters and their types?

If they use Fire/Fighting for Litten's final form so help us all I will eat every last Klondike Bar in the universe!

I played the demo and so far it's nice. I mean, we fought Plumeria, we got Pretty Feathers, we got Ash Greninja, just wish we had more like catch pokemon, or buy stuff. But it is nice so no complaints here.

As for Ash Greninja, I'm putting using it on my team on hold until I get whatever it is you get for having Pokemon below Lv. 40 listen to you.

TW, any word on names of the final stage of the starters and their types?

If they use Fire/Fighting for Litten's final form so help us all I will eat every last Klondike Bar in the universe!

None yet sadly

Really want that Water/Fairy typing though.

Given its appearance, probably might be Water/Fairy. Would be the first one that didn't get a type change to become as such (so yeah, Azumarill is excluded). I just hope it has good offensive / defensive stats. Can deal with it being a bit on the slow side. 

Don't know about Litten's final evo; hopefully it isn't Fire/Fighting (because pretty sure a lot of us are tired of that type combo; Blaziken was fine, Infernape was cool, Emboar was iffy). 

Given its appearance, probably might be Water/Fairy. Would be the first one that didn't get a type change to become as such (so yeah, Azumarill is excluded). I just hope it has good offensive / defensive stats. Can deal with it being a bit on the slow side. 

Don't know about Litten's final evo; hopefully it isn't Fire/Fighting (because pretty sure a lot of us are tired of that type combo; Blaziken was fine, Infernape was cool, Emboar was iffy).

It won't need much to be good. It is likely to be the slow defensive member of the group and that is what Water/Fairy excels at. The type come is one of the best defensive type combinations in the game with it only weak to Electric, Grass, and Poison while resisting Water, Fire, Ice, Fighting, Dark, Bug, and Immune to Dragon. Its even a solid offensive type since Water covers the resistance Fire has to Fairy and Fairy covers the resistance Dragon has. Water is also one of the few types Steel doesn't resist.

If Litten does end up Fire/Fighting I'm likely going to prefer El Tiger to Emboar. Personally, I find it odd that they'd do another wrestler Fire starter when they used that theme with Tepig's line.

I'm just hoping it has an offensive stat at least in the triple digits, but we'll have to see its stat spread and what its moveset looks like. I tend to prefer stuff that at least has that much offensive power (hopefully base 100 or something, but yeah). 

Wasn't fond of Emboar to be honest, so if Litten does evolve into another Fire/Fighting, I might use that (but again, wait until more stuff's revealed). I intend to get all of the starters, but still not fond of the owl. 

Emboar's issue was that it also had a pretty cruddy movepool and people weren't exactly impressed with the Unova starters either. Aside from Serperior they certainly don't have decent HAs either.

But Beltiger is apparently a heel (or evil) wrestler, so I support him becoming Fire/Dark. Would be a nice type combo, and give him access to sheet like Sucker Punch.

Emboar's issue was that it also had a pretty cruddy movepool and people weren't exactly impressed with the Unova starters either. Aside from Serperior they certainly don't have decent HAs either.

But Beltiger is apparently a heel (or evil) wrestler, so I support him becoming Fire/Dark. Would be a nice type combo, and give him access to sheet like Sucker Punch.

Apparently he is Fire/Dark, with other typings being Grass/Flying (as was obvious) and Water/Fairy.

Just saying tanky Water/Fairy with Scald and Aurora Veil will make Popplio's final form a better Milotic.

Though it would be better than milotic, I wouldn't call it a better milotic because rest talk cheese with marvel scale is beautiful.

If anything, I would quite like a specially defensive alternative, since the typing would give vulnerability to t-bolt and (depending on weight) grass knot.

Apparently he is Fire/Dark, with other typings being Grass/Flying (as was obvious) and Water/Fairy.

Were the types found with the data mine? Last I heard they weren't.

Though him being Fire/Dark would make sense since unless one of the unrevealed new Pokemon is Dark I don't think we have any Dark types in the new Pokemon batch.

Archived