Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just ignored that post to be fair; then again, I suppose that also means we'll get an Alolan Persian somewhere, but we'll see in a couple of days.

As for the badges, yeah, they'll need to put some kind of cap; otherwise we'll just import Level 100s from Gen 6 and stuff on the first try w/out disobedience. If not badges, at least some equivalent.

I just ignored that post to be fair; then again, I suppose that also means we'll get an Alolan Persian somewhere, but we'll see in a couple of days.

You'd have thought they'd have revealed Alola Persian by now. We know Pokenchi will be showing Sun/Moon stuff on the 16th, so it's possible Alola Persian will be revealed, but you never know.

Steenee is soooo cuuuuuuuuuute. I wanna hug it

Don't care for Tsareena at all, and Queenly Majesty is just a ripped-off Dazzling. I'm hoping Eviolite Steenee becomes a thing in any of the tiers, but that'd depend on how bulky Steenee itself is in comparison to Tsareena. (I'm also hoping Steenee evolves by Leaf Stone so I don't have to work around not evolving it >:/)

Speaking of bulk, I can't wait to see the stats on all of this gen's mons. I'm not expecting a dump like we got for the ORAS Megas at one point, so I'm guessing this time stats won't be leaked for anything until Sun and Moon are actually released. But yeah, I'd like to see if they actually do anything with the Alolan Froms' stats.

Oh, and Alolan Muk is kinda trippy to see. That is all.

To be fair, they technically do leak the HP values from the battle screen (least Japan anyway), but it's up to you to reverse the stat formula to get the base stat (and even then, there is uncertainty; whether/not they're using max/zero IVs or if any effort values are in there). The other stats can be figured out implicitly, but that requires you to run possible scenarios using the damage calculator and the stats of Pokes we have data on, which is more of a pain.

I generally try to take a guess at the HP values if they're available, but those are done on assumptions that max IVs and no EVs are added.

Silvally is actually kinda cool. Might look into using it at some point.

I want to use Kommo-o too. Looks pretty cool.

Ribombee is adorable.

Tsareena is neato.

Alolan Muk is oil this is great. XD

New trainers are coolio. I thought Ilima was a girl at first though.

Oh boy, another one. When I played Zero 3 I thought Cubit Foxtar was a girl. But nope, these guys, feminine men.

I strongly believe this to be the case. Though all I REALLY care about is getting badges. Badges and other knick knacks like that are like candy to me.

Maybe instead of badges we get Trial Medals. Like in Pokemon TCG for Game Boy.

New Pokemon look dope, I'm definitely gonna try training Kommo-o at some point and Alola Muk looks so wacky, I love it.

They really have been generous with giving out info though, I don't think we knew this much going into XY.

I think that's because they were playing it safe with XY and had less content due to the introduction of Fairies. So info was sparser and the leaks were plentiful. Heh, I remember when Greninja was leaked and we didn't all believe it was real.

New Pokemon look dope, I'm definitely gonna try training Kommo-o at some point and Alola Muk looks so wacky, I love it.

They really have been generous with giving out info though, I don't think we knew this much going into XY.

It's weird but I somehow feel we don't know much at all, despite this.

I kind of want to buy the Vulpix one:

553519f5e2d917d5e5536c8109b9fc5a14766530

That Alola Vulpix  plushy is quite cute indeed. Raichu is also quite cute, though I would have liked a more symetrical one better. Probably won't get them though; I have little room for them, should they become available for a decent price.

On another note, the demo version of Sun and Moon should be released tomorrow. If they handle this demo the same way as they did with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (including a lot of unanounced, yet unavailable, stuff), it won't be long before we know a lot more about the new Pokémon.

I've been thinking as to why Muk goes Shadow Rise instead of purple. There could be some water mixed in with Muk's oil. I mean, we are in a region where there's lots of water so this makes sense.

5f38f3a3503c511898032451a291a437.jpg

This color scheme for Muk is kinda trippy, but why make Alolan Muk Poison Dark type instead of Poison Water?

48-P4-00327.jpg

For the reference.

I thought that DS and 3DS were incompatible.

Regardless, they should really be moving away from incompatibility.

The Pokémon franchise is widely known for being the most compatible franchise in existence though. Considering you can transfer Pokémon from RSE up through ORAS. And you can even use a 3DS as one of the handhelds needed to transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5 and of course from Gen 5 to Pokémon Bank.

I'm not sure how exactly you misinterpreted my statement, but I meant merely that they've never released more than one set of remakes for one handheld. GBA had FRLG, DS had HGSS, and now 3DS has ORAS.

If you meant that those games should all work on newer systems, then I agree to a degree. They were all made for different operating systems, so you would need to port them to a newer machine's OS to have them work, which can take a lot of time and effort. A console could play older games but it basically requires them to include the old OS on the new system, which is what Nintendo has done since GBA (and maybe GBC but I'm still unsure of the difference between it and the og GB). Making them ALL work for a system would require every OS for each handheld and their individual ports to play each of them, which is costly. Moving forward, if they use a single OS, all games for that OS would work for all future products using that OS or an updated version of that OS, which is the direction it sounds like they're going.

I know for Europe it is going to release late morning. I'd expect that to hold true for most the world.

Though late morning in Europe is REAL early morning in the US, so they could technically release it at midnight on the west coast– which makes a whole lot of sense.

Archived