Stardust Spark Dragon vs Stardust Dragon

StardustDragon-LC5D-EN-C-1E.png

During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that would destroy a card(s) on the field: You can Tribute this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

StardustSparkDragon-HSRD-EN-SR-1E.png

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up card you control; once during this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.

----

Stardust Spark Dragon has the Vanity's Emptiness synergy, whereas Stardust Dragon can counter a lot of key cards such as Wavering Eyes, Luster Pendulum, etc.

Now, both of these cards are strong in their own right, but which is actually worth running if you only have 1 slot left?

Stardust can disrupt a lot more things in being able to stop the aforementioned Wavering Eyes, Pendulum Sorcerer and such, the only advantage Spark has is battle protection but that's not really much of anything, especially since it's not even the whole turn. Oh and Stardust being Wind so Speedroids and such.

Original Stardust gained more ground recently because of Pendulums, ironically it use to be used to prevent your card's destruction, now you must stop your opponent from destroying their own stuff with it. Not to mention it still has the ability to stop what it is mentioned above

Spark is good to combine with floodgates cards, but not good enogh in my opinion anymore, i wish the protection lasts the whole turn not just once. though i will pick Original Stardust anyway.

Archived