Shark Fortress

Photon Strike Bounzer

Number 39: Utopia Beyond

Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis

Number C5: Chaos Chimera Dragon

Fairy Knight Ingunar

[spoiler=Stuff about the deck]

Fossil Dig is an amazing card:

Samurai Cavalry has occasionally pulled me out of a Vanity lock or a Winda, or served as a low scale when I have a vanilla pendulum in hand to close the arc. It can sometimes also help me bring out Laggia.

Long-name vanilla Dinosaur is a pretty decent beater and it is very handy how it can go to Rank 6 monsters, since Utopia Beyond can help me get over "can't target/destroy it" monsters, which in theory is meant for when the new Monarchs get hard to get over under their lock, or Majespecters, or Cozmo bosses. 

Magical Abductor as low scale can usually complete the Spell Counters for a search fairly quickly as I setup for the dino high scale and usually goes for Majespecter Unicorn, because I need disruption to stay alive. 

Uni-Zombie is my real Foolish Burial which cycles up the Goblin Zombies and Mezukis into Synchros whenever it can, which thins the deck fairly well. Zombie World prevents the negative effect of Uni-Zombie where only Zombies can attack, and it helps Mezuki revive non-Zombies (though Mezuki won't start reviving monsters outside its combo until Burial is drawn typically, which is not a bad thing if it doesn't get drawn).

Ill Blud is pretty instant thanks to Pendulum Summon, and the targets it can revive are really everything under the sun thanks to Zombie World. Though Supervise doesn't hurt but it's not always necessary. I'll probably change those for the Zombie-Type Icarus Attack-like card that's coming out later, but for now I wanna try and keep it TCG.

Sky Dragoons has 6 Pendulum vanillas and 3 Gemini monsters going for it so it can have its effect live on top of being the other Scale 7 monsters. Though currently the only way to get it is by drawing it or via Magical Abductor, which with the latter, you will sometimes do because it's the go-to to complete the arch unless you already have it and haven't gotten a Kirin.

Comments/Thoughts/Suggestions encouraged and appreciated~

I'm not too keen on the Zombie Worlds. As you explained in the OP, I understand it's to play around Uni-Zombie's attack restriction or revive non-Zombies with Mezuki and even Il Blud, but still, the card isn't really amazing on its own but relies on those Zombies to enable plays, and it's sort of lame when you draw into multiples of them or Terraforming, becoming a dead draw(s). Maybe you could try 2 Zombie World + 1 Terraforming to cut down the potential dead draws?

I suppose you could run Summoner's Arts instead for more deck thinning.

The Extra Deck needs a bit of work in my opinion:

Chaos Chimera and Fairy King are somewhat impractical by requiring 3 materials, and you could run more feasible Rank6s such as Ptolemy or Gauntlet Launcher in their place; a Gaia Dragoon splashed in wouldn't hurt to finish games. Choosing Shark Fortress for your only Rank5 feels odd when there are other more versatile options such as Durendal, or Tiras... unless you are using Shark exclusively for finishing games, in which case I guess it's fine.

As for Synchros, what you have right now looks fine, and... this is more of a silly/gimmicky idea, but perhaps you could make space for a Leo in there? Level6 + Level4 Uni-Zombie. I mention this because Leo looks like it will truly be worth it in the upcoming format, since Kozmos and Majespecters cannot target it nor run over it, and would have to "jump through some hoops" to get over it, and only if they have the cards and/or techs to do so.

I think you should run PSY-Frame Lord Omega. 2800 ATK beater that can return Mezuki to the Graveyard, can dodge Raigeki, Castel, Torrential Tribute etc while hitting the opponent's hand, and can recycle itself and something else if it ever hits the Graveyard. Overall probably the best generic Level 8 Synchro out there right now. Maybe instead of Stardust Spark Dragon? I find Spark to be not too useful unless you have something you really, really need to protect.

I'm not too keen on the Zombie Worlds. As you explained in the OP, I understand it's to play around Uni-Zombie's attack restriction or revive non-Zombies with Mezuki and even Il Blud, but still, the card isn't really amazing on its own but relies on those Zombies to enable plays, and it's sort of lame when you draw into multiples of them or Terraforming, becoming a dead draw(s).

I always thought Zombie World was less about enabling your own plays and more about screwing over rogue decks.

Fairy decks can't summon Kristya. Monarch decks can't tribute summon. All those Xyzs and Synchros that need a specific type of monster don't work anymore.

Sure, those decks aren't meta, but neither is Zombie Pendulum.

Thank you for all the suggestions and comments.
I've been testing the build with a few changes.
I took out the 3 MSTs, the extra Terraforming, and the third Zombie World, and instead maxed out Galaxy Cyclone copies and added in 3 copies of Summoner's Art.

In the Extra Deck I took out Shark Fortress for Durandal, Stardust Spark for Psy-Framelord Omega, and C5 for Messier 7. All as per the suggestions I got.

This wasn't in the suggestions, but I took out both Supervise copies for a single D.D.R. and a Foucault's Cannon: Vanilla low scale for the sake of Summoner's Art flexibility and it's Level is decent for Synchros there, but the Effect is just a little bonus I pretty much never got to use so far, but could be useful.

- - - - - - - - - -- -

The amount of floodgates wanting to chain to my actions hasn't been that high so Galaxy Cyclone has been doing very well, although I can't say I've been using its Graveyard effect all that much. All in all, it was a great suggestion (now if only I could afford them IRL... I only have the one I pulled during the Sneak xD ).

Summoner's Art was nice but only having Scale 7s before I added Foucault's was hurting it and secluding it to adding beaters to be Pendulum Summoned. So far so good.

Zombie World at 3 was probably killing off my Laggia, and I was basing myself on the fact the other day I got many of those annoying opponents that pull all Mysticals and sometimes even run the Hands and/or Artifacts, and/or other of their already existent removal... but it's not too common and it was sometimes dead, but it wasn't as bad as you might think.

I always thought Zombie World was less about enabling your own plays and more about screwing over rogue decks.

Fairy decks can't summon Kristya. Monarch decks can't tribute summon. All those Xyzs and Synchros that need a specific type of monster don't work anymore.

Sure, those decks aren't meta, but neither is Zombie Pendulum.

You are right, though it also would be preferred if that was more of the bonus and it actually furthers my stuff, and I'm trying to make this build with the idea of facing topping decks, as messy and possibly gimmicky as the deck looks xD
Another thing that actually ruined the idea of screwing opponents up for me to a degree: The new Monarchs which are expected to be one of the biggest decks of the format when they come just like they are being in OCG right now... those have a Zombie-Type Monarch... It's like the designers said "Oh no don't you even think about it... no obscure techs working for you this time". Heh....

I'll update the OP in a little bit when I come back from dinner.

Would P.M. Captor be any good?

I was originally trying to include it as the initial engine because the true starting point of this deck is the Zombie section of it, but the scale is always going to leave out half of the options. Either the Level 4 or the Level 6 ones become un-Summonable, and Level 5 ones get the short end of the stick (although to be fair, there were no Level 5s when I started selecting the Pendulums).

and the recent update actually allows me the control to change scales to a degree because Galaxy Cyclones in my Graveyard not always get to use their extra effect anyways, but it still is an effect that doesn't do quite enough... it does under Zombie World, but it generally is a little less self-sufficient than the rest.

I also tried to tech it at 1 because Goblin Zombie is fairly easy to trigger.... Still unsure of it.

I was originally trying to include it as the initial engine because the true starting point of this deck is the Zombie section of it, but the scale is always going to leave out half of the options. Either the Level 4 or the Level 6 ones become un-Summonable, and Level 5 ones get the short end of the stick (although to be fair, there were no Level 5s when I started selecting the Pendulums).

and the recent update actually allows me the control to change scales to a degree because Galaxy Cyclones in my Graveyard not always get to use their extra effect anyways, but it still is an effect that doesn't do quite enough... it does under Zombie World, but it generally is a little less self-sufficient than the rest.

I also tried to tech it at 1 because Goblin Zombie is fairly easy to trigger.... Still unsure of it.

Hmm OK. I don't know if TCG will emergency unban DMoC like they did for Six Sense, but there's a really neat loop with Burial and Mezuki with it. I guess time will tell. I thought PM for the recycling ability in an Avariceless world

Hmm OK. I don't know if TCG will emergency unban DMoC like they did for Six Sense, but there's a really neat loop with Burial and Mezuki with it. I guess time will tell. I thought PM for the recycling ability in an Avariceless world

That'd be pretty neat. I'd try to find space for good old DMoC if unbanned... or rather, most likely when unbanned.

It also is a very nice plus that it is the biggest beater I know of that banishes what it destroys, and that can definitely come in handy.

If returned to 3, I have enough Spellcasters to try to change up my engine or create another variant of this deck where Dark Renewal could serve as a disruptor... that is, when those become TCG playable at least.

On another note: 

It might sound kind of pathetic, but I finally managed to beat Monarchs in one single duel with this deck on YGOPro... Granted their start was about a turn slow but I'm still so happy. I've done nothing but loose to them dozens of times with everything I use up until now. xD

On another note: 

It might sound kind of pathetic, but I finally managed to beat Monarchs in one single duel with this deck on YGOPro... Granted their start was about a turn slow but I'm still so happy. I've done nothing but loose to them dozens of times with everything I use up until now. xD

Hey, I wouldn't call that pathetic. On the contrary, it's quite the achievement, considering this deck isn't exactly meta, while Monarchs are among the top tiers in OCG, at least last time I checked.

Hey, I wouldn't call that pathetic. On the contrary, it's quite the achievement, considering this deck isn't exactly meta, while Monarchs are among the top tiers in OCG, at least last time I checked.

Thanks.

I usually expect to at least get one victory against meta decks of the format using non-meta builds, but Monarchs are too good.

I mean, I'm sure it isn't invincible, but I wanted the unlocked achievement of using this deck. I had to be told by my brother that I could get out of the lock by Tribute Summoning... Then I pretty much slapped myself there and have been testing that this week xD

Update:

Took out Fairy Knight for Leo. As I suspected, getting rid of Supervise made me lose the play of repeated Il Blud copies forming it and using Pendulum Summon for a swarm on an empty field, so now I just need some decent beater with a degree of protection and decent accessibility, and it sounds great so far on paper. I also had forgotten it had been suggested (sorry about that).

Took out Durandal. I often don't like to exchange effects for the chance of popping my Scales, and the hand-shuffling effect seemed useful but I don't think I've had dead hands lately. Will try out Tiras and see how it turns out.

Haven't had the chance to test these latest changes out yet since I should be asleep since like an hour ago, but I'll get to it. Image and list updated in the OP.

Archived