[Millenium Pack] New Exodias

It's like Konami has given up on trying to balance the game, and as such is coming up with as much OP/broken cards as possible to make lots of money off autowin.dek vs otk.dek vs trololol.dek

Yeah, sure. They'll totally make money off this never becoming anything significant.

These cards exist for the nostalgia factor, and not because they'll anticipate it making any kind of major impact.

what the f*** these cards aren't even that good but what the hell koomy pls

Pls what?  Its power is boosted by 5 specific cards, and to get them back for the auto-win makes him weaker in the process, and you have to grab them one at a time.  The Continuous Trap and Dark Factory help to speed up the process, but that requires setup that Exodia.dek never had to do before.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there a time when foolish was at 3 and "Exodia. dek" was achieved using "Backup Soldier"?

...then again, Yugioh was a whole different game back then...

I should rephrase it as "Never had to do before for as long as I've been playing this game in some form", which was around Extreme Victory.

Now that you mention it though, I wonder how good Backup Soldier would be for this.

It isn't good or broken or really even terribly degenerate but god Konami why would you do this to us

Yeah, I don't get it.  Is it that the Exodia hate runs so deep, that even a "fair" Exodia theme gets folks riled up?

It isn't good or broken or really even terribly degenerate but god Konami why would you do this to us

I see what you did there.

Also is it bad when I of all people realized this isn't a bad thing right away?

Or maybe it's cause I didn't play as much? idk

I think it looks kinda fun to use. ^^;

You don't frequent the section, so you don't hold the stigmas this site holds toward... many things (exodia, lightsworn, etc).

What Cow said. Like, horry sheet, actual playable fightin' exodia with cool art! Honestly it might be kinda cool to see the head get hit and the rest of the limbs to 3 just so this can work better.

Actual Exodia support...

Three letters. F-M-L.

Well, taking a better look now, I believe it will be interesting to build an Exodia deck focusing on this. Maybe Reasoning is a card that could be used to this Deck's favor? Though, the monster can actually be used outside of Reasoning Exodia in a way: Summon random Exodia piece, Tribute for the monster, add piece back to hand in EP, let monster die in battle, draw 1 for each Exodia piece in hand.

hm...Playing all 5 Exodia pieces and 3 of each of the new cards only takes up 11 slots in your deck. I wonder if there may be hybrid variants of this deck in the future.

Well according to the information about the millenium box gold we will see one more millenium gold rare card and perhaps the rest of the pre-constructed will also include the exodia theme, so a hybrid might not be necessary (at least according to the wikia page).

Edit: According to the ygorganization page "● The Theme Deck included can be used right out of the box, and this product is a high-end Collector’s Item Set that has a ton of gold shiny elements that heavily reflect the image of the original story. For both older “Yu-Gi-Oh!” fans to more Novice and Existing Players, this is a product that appeals to a wide range of people.

● The Theme Deck contains a Theme familiar to fans of the original “Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters” animated series! However, it also includes new cards for that theme! And every card included is a Millennium Rare!

● This limited edition Duelist Item also contains goods that are both highly collectible and very good for practical use."

Which makes sure only one theme would be in the pre-constructed deck, so it seems very likely that we will see at least a fwe more new cards for exodia.

this is the kind of exodia i want to actually face. it's an exodia monster that hits and takes hits instead of one you don't even see until your opponent's done drawing their entire deck and all 5 pieces are in the hand. i know it still somewhat supports the original exodia method of play, but the way this one's designed makes it feel more like it'll be a battle against something worthy of your time instead of a no interaction based draw.dek. 

this is the kind of exodia i want to actually face. it's an exodia monster that hits and takes hits instead of one you don't even see until your opponent's done drawing their entire deck and all 5 pieces are in the hand. i know it still somewhat supports the original exodia method of play, but the way this one's designed makes it feel more like it'll be a battle against something worthy of your time instead of a no interaction based draw.dek. 

Yeah, it definitely feels more worthy to go against. Kind of like a type of final boss with a time limit. If you let it live, it wins in two ways. :P

Yay! At last . . . Exodia support for another playing style and build (Back-off ExodiaLib.dek!)

Umm . . . i have few issues here (ruling issues) with that Summoned Exodia and Necrovalley.

> Lets say you have Summoned Exodia and Necrovalley face-up, since Exodia is unaffected by effects but Necrovalley keeps your hands off the Grave, what will happen?

That would make Necro/Exodia build more interesting (with the Cat search for the Exod Flame), but yes might be a slow build. But what interest me is if Exodia is unable to add during EP (Necrovalley)? So you got invincible "God" with 3000++ ATK freeze?

Yay! At last . . . Exodia support for another playing style and build (Back-off ExodiaLib.dek!)

Umm . . . i have few issues here (ruling issues) with that Summoned Exodia and Necrovalley.

> Lets say you have Summoned Exodia and Necrovalley face-up, since Exodia is unaffected by effects but Necrovalley keeps your hands off the Grave, what will happen?

That would make Necro/Exodia build more interesting (with the Cat search for the Exod Flame), but yes might be a slow build. But what interest me is if Exodia is unable to add during EP (Necrovalley)? So you got invincible "God" with 3000++ ATK freeze?

I believe you're correct, since it's the individual pieces that would be affected by Exodia's effect, they would not be added to the hand due to Necrovalley; however, the rest of Exodia's effects would be fine, so this would be a way to freeze Exodia's ATK.

I believe you're correct, since it's the individual pieces that would be affected by Exodia's effect, they would not be added to the hand due to Necrovalley; however, the rest of Exodia's effects would be fine, so this would be a way to freeze Exodia's ATK.

Huh, I would have thought that it wouldn't work if the negating part of Necrovalley is a trigger effect that negates the card that affects the Graveyard monster.  Since Exodia Summoned God isn't affected by card effects, Necro wouldn't be able to negate it.  However, if Necrovalley's negation is a continuous effect, it might work in the same vein as Skill Drain vs Towers...

Skill Drain vs Towers only applies if Drain is up before Towers is summoned. Also the most recent text for Necrovalley states that it negates an effect that would move a card from the graveyard to another place, except itself. In that vein, Necrovalley would be attempting to negate Summoned God's effect, but since it's unaffected, Summoned God would be able to retrieve a piece from the grave.

Skill Drain vs Towers only applies if Drain is up before Towers is summoned. Also the most recent text for Necrovalley states that it negates an effect that would move a card from the graveyard to another place, except itself. In that vein, Necrovalley would be attempting to negate Summoned God's effect, but since it's unaffected, Summoned God would be able to retrieve a piece from the grave.

Er... That was what I meant.  If Necrovalley's negation effect was a continuous effect (which I doubted hence why I said that I thought that it wouldn't work) though, it would work similarly to Skill Drain in that it would probably follow the same rulings (ie. if it was up before Summoned God, it would negate, otherwise it wouldn't).

Er... That was what I meant.  If Necrovalley's negation effect was a continuous effect (which I doubted hence why I said that I thought that it wouldn't work) though, it would work similarly to Skill Drain in that it would probably follow the same rulings (ie. if it was up before Summoned God, it would negate, otherwise it wouldn't).

i think in this case, necrovalley wouldn't work. it might be up before exodia, but unlike skill drain, it wouldn't have an effect on exodia at his time of summoning. so in this case, i think exodia would work.

Archived