[Millenium Pack] New Exodias

Honestly this is fine.

Remember you can add your piece every end phase, but if you do God is going to lose 1000 attack that you can't really refresh.  Everything is rather slow, but conversely is ratehr safe.

I like that.  It makes Exodia.dek less solitaire and about 30% player interaction based.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT'S FINALLY TIME! 

BAN THE HEAD AND UNLIMIT EACH LIMB. DO IT, KONAMI. DO IT!

Well that would kill the degenerate hope for exodia or exodia ftk decks, also it would not kill these cards as they can also work without leading into the win condition, ... actually ... exodia should get an errata, which prevents it to be used as the only method of winning the game and would still allow cards like this on to lead into a more reasonable win condition.

One example:

"If you have "Right Leg of the Forbidden One", "Left Leg of the Forbidden One", "Right Arm of the Forbidden One" and "Left Arm of the Forbidden One" in addition to this card in your hand and your opponent's life points are at least 3000 lower than yours, you win the Duel.

Oh, why are you guys complaining? It's not the meta. The META won't use this, so why are you crying? You have to get all five pieces in the graveyard to get 5000, which is slow. It loses 1000 attack points at the end phase, it only gets mass draw based on what's in your hand, and there's no instant win condition outside of the 'five pieces in hand' one, which you might as well go for the degenerate one.

Oh, why are you guys complaining? It's not the meta. The META won't use this, so why are you crying? You have to get all five pieces in the graveyard to get 5000, which is slow. It loses 1000 attack points at the end phase, it only gets mass draw based on what's in your hand, and there's no instant win condition outside of the 'five pieces in hand' one, which you might as well go for the degenerate one.

These cards are not the problem, the concept of the original exodia to be able to win without real interaction is the problem, however with a little errata that problem can be avoided without destroying exodia completely.

As for these 2 cards it is obvious that they deserve more support, as they, at least how they currently are, are not all that useful with just the two of them.

Well that would kill the degenerate hope for exodia or exodia ftk decks, also it would not kill these cards as they can also work without leading into the win condition, ... actually ... exodia should get an errata, which prevents it to be used as the only method of winning the game and would still allow cards like this on to lead into a more reasonable win condition.

One example:

"If you have "Right Leg of the Forbidden One", "Left Leg of the Forbidden One", "Right Arm of the Forbidden One" and "Left Arm of the Forbidden One" in addition to this card in your hand and your opponent's life points are at least 3000 lower than yours, you win the Duel.

that would be stupid and defeat the purpose of its winning condition

people just keep acting like battling and reducing LP is the only way to play the game, it isnt, there's win condition and other win condition/mechanic and is perfectly legit to take advantage of

exodia FTK is like other deck, it isnt invincible that its incosistent, otherwise it would top all over the place....and it definitely isnt less degenerate than any deck just because its not the conventional way to play

that would be stupid and defeat the purpose of its winning condition               It would force interaction, something everyone would otherwise try to círcumvent

people just keep acting like battling and reducing LP is the only way to play the game, it isnt, there's win condition and other win condition/mechanic and is perfectly legit to take advantage of

I never said that would be the only way to play the game, however about all decks are constructed to be able to play with other decks through that method, trying to prevent interaction like waboku or a ftk either force one player to use a cyber dragon infinity like spamm deck to prevent the opponent from playing using this way or just watch, which removes the purpose of a game that more than one player plays

exodia FTK is like other deck, it isnt invincible that its incosistent, otherwise it would top all over the place....and it definitely isnt less degenerate than any deck just because its not the conventional way to play

I never said the deck would be incredibly good, I said its very concept is awful for a game that more than one player plays (at least if we take the design of most cards into calculation), it is not by default degenerate for using an unconventional way of playing, it is (in this case) degenerate as that way allows the player to turn the game into more or less a solitaire game and any way to win before your opponent can act is degenerate, whether it is actually all that playable or not does not matter for this, it is the very concept that I criticize.

Really Konami?! I know I'm over-reacting but in all seriousness though, this support surprised me quite frankly (even though they did this from a flavour standpoint). The monster also reminded me of Exodius.

Although over-reacting is pointless given it won't have an impact on the meta.

These don't really even support the exodia decks everyone complains about anyway. This honestly seems cool as hell.

The only relatively meta use I can see for this is Exod Flame with a couple of Forbidden One monsters (maybe not all 5) getting teched into decks as a continuous Compulse that thins your deck. Maybe a copy or two of Summoned God (which Exod Flame can send and retrieve) to replenish your bounces.

Exodia the Summoned God is so cool... that art.

I have always wanted to summon Exodia and now I can! And not to mention it actually feels like a God, being unaffected by other card effects and all. 

As for a new playstyle, you can always dump the pieces via Dark Grapher and use that Factory card to add them to your hand? And the trap to bounce and fuel Exodia.

But man, this is so hype.

These cards look great. Pushing Exodia towards a playstyle different to "draw entire deck and FTK or lose" is really cool, and after this, Konami may even drop hits on Exodia FTKs to further push this new playstyle they are indirectly encouraging. I don't foresee them supporting those FTKs so, at worst, they won't have any impact at all and Exodia FTKs will remain as the best ways to play Exodia; at best, we may see Exodia FTKs gone for good and a different, perhaps even refreshing way for playing Exodia. In other words, they shouldn't make things any worse.

Amazing Exodia Legacy support, in my opinion.

I have to admit I am very hyped for this pre-constructed deck.

These cards look great. Pushing Exodia towards a playstyle different to "draw entire deck and FTK or lose" is really cool, and after this, Konami may even drop hits on Exodia FTKs to further push this new playstyle they are indirectly encouraging. I don't foresee them supporting those FTKs so, at worst, they won't have any impact at all and Exodia FTKs will remain as the best ways to play Exodia; at best, we may see Exodia FTKs gone for good and a different, perhaps even refreshing way for playing Exodia. In other words, they shouldn't make things any worse.

Amazing Exodia Legacy support, in my opinion.

Actually I would like them to errata the head to be far more difficult to go off (in a way that the entire deck can still use it, however that it would require many preparations), so that we might see enough searching in the deck for it to be consistent enough to consider it stable.

All in all it really is amazing support and the fact that we will likely get much more support in that pre-constructed deck might be enough to actually make me consider purchasing one ... perhaps, given that it fits my expectations.

Archived