Yazi, Evil of the Yang Zing

Oh man, this guy...

yazi__evil_of_the_yang_zing_by_kai1411-d

DeviantArt cause YCM still being stupid with Wiki.

Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. You can only use each of these effects of "Yazi, Evil of the Yang Zing" once per turn.
● You can target 1 "Yang Zing" monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy them.
● When this card you control is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to yourGraveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Wyrm-Type monster from your Deck inDefense Position.

So it turns out Majespecters have a problem with huge beatsticks they cannot target, especially if they're not running Ignister.

Oh man, this guy...

yazi__evil_of_the_yang_zing_by_kai1411-d

DeviantArt cause YCM still being stupid with Wiki.

So it turns out Majespecters have a problem with huge beatsticks they cannot target, especially if they're not running Ignister.

So specters have no problem with yazi because 99% of people know that ignister is one of their best cards. Okay.

So specters have no problem with yazi because 99% of people know that ignister is one of their best cards. Okay.

It's not just ignister.

I've been f***ed over by utopic the lightning just as many times summoning yazi into them. The worst part is they already got at least 2 searches from the specters before consolidating them into a xyz so it doesn't even cost them any card advantage.

This is my favorite generic Synchro7, really. I understand that the Black Roses and Clear Wing are good too and have their different purposes, but I prefer this one: the target immunity is a good all-around protection effect to have, 2600 ATK is a great body on a Synchro7, DARK makes it compatible with the Virus cards if the meta calls for them, and it can become a 1-for-1 destruction in a pinch; bonus if you have a Wyrm monster in the Deck to Summon. Also it's one of the few splashable Wyrms, and I like how this contributes to giving more presence to the type in the game.

I'm still waiting for a Synchro Wyrm archetype/deck more proactive/fast than Yang Zings that could make a more efficient use of this card, playing it as a card remover and searcher.

I really don't know how Yazi is doing in the metagames right now, but I guess it can still give BAs a difficult time in TCG?

Archived