Ok8rja4.jpg

Dark Blade, Knight of Dragon Spirits

DARK Level 9 Warrior-type Fusion Effect Monster

2700/1500

"Dark Blade" + "Kiryu"
Must first be Fusion Summoned using the above Fusion Material Monsters. This card's name is treated as "Dark Blade" while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. When this card destroys an opponents monster by battle: banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand face-down. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can Special Summon 1 "Dark Blade", "Kiryu", or "Pitch-Dark Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard in defense position.

[spoiler=Old]

aHUNE2r.jpg

DARK Level 6 Warrior-type Fusion Effect Monster

2200/1500

"Dark Blade" + "Kiryu"
This card's name is treated as "Dark Blade" while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. When this card destroys an opponents monster by battle: banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand face-down. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can Special Summon 1 "Dark Blade", "Kiryu", or "Pitch-Dark Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard in defense position.

Personally I feel as though it should have 2700 ATK, as that is what Dark Blade equipped with Kiryu has. It would be more flavoursome, instead of just looking like a retrain of Dark Blade the Dragon Knight (You may also want to increase the Level slightly to say 8 to show a greater sense of power). If you do this, I think you should tone down the effects slightly, probably changing the banish from the hand face-down part. That seems really powerful and could absolutely ruin your opponent's tactics, as there are very few ways of recovering face-down banished cards. I would probably make it banish face-up.

The name being treated as Dark Blade is cool. I personally think the original Dark Blade the Dragon Knight should have had that.

The anti-targeting is really nice, and I like the way it works with Metalsilver Armour (bonus points for flavour there).

The Special Summoning I feel a bit iffy about. It would definitely be useful, but it doesn't really fit with the rest in my opinion and seems to lack thought. It would seem weird for Dark Blade to be Special Summoning himself, so maybe make it only Special Summon the Dragons, or something like this: "If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can equip 1 "Pitch-Dark Dragon" or "Kiryu" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard to a "Dark Blade" you control".

Overall I like the idea, and think you did it nicely keeping fairly in-theme.

EDIT: Just a thought, but how about adding a "You can only control 1 "Dark Blade, Knight of Dragon Spirits"? No real reason why, it just felt like it should.

Personally I feel as though it should have 2700 ATK, as that is what Dark Blade equipped with Kiryu has. It would be more flavoursome, instead of just looking like a retrain of Dark Blade the Dragon Knight (You may also want to increase the Level slightly to say 8 to show a greater sense of power). If you do this, I think you should tone down the effects slightly, probably changing the banish from the hand face-down part. That seems really powerful and could absolutely ruin your opponent's tactics, as there are very few ways of recovering face-down banished cards. I would probably make it banish face-up.

The name being treated as Dark Blade is cool. I personally think the original Dark Blade the Dragon Knight should have had that.

The anti-targeting is really nice, and I like the way it works with Metalsilver Armour (bonus points for flavour there).

The Special Summoning I feel a bit iffy about. It would definitely be useful, but it doesn't really fit with the rest in my opinion and seems to lack thought. It would seem weird for Dark Blade to be Special Summoning himself, so maybe make it only Special Summon the Dragons, or something like this: "If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can equip 1 "Pitch-Dark Dragon" or "Kiryu" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard to a "Dark Blade" you control".

Overall I like the idea, and think you did it nicely keeping fairly in-theme.

EDIT: Just a thought, but how about adding a "You can only control 1 "Dark Blade, Knight of Dragon Spirits"? No real reason why, it just felt like it should.

Not going to lie. I gave it all that insane power simply because of how outdated any deck that can make it is anymore.

Unions.

Need.

Support.

Fair point about the ATK buff. 

UPDATE

DARK Level 9 Warrior-type Fusion Effect Monster

2700/1500

"Dark Blade" + "Kiryu"
Must first be Fusion Summoned using the above Fusion Material Monsters. This card's name is treated as "Dark Blade" while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. When this card destroys an opponents monster by battle: banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand face-down. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can Special Summon 1 "Dark Blade", "Kiryu", or "Pitch-Dark Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard in defense position.

Archived