Elemental Hero Clay Guardian [anime]

ElementalHEROClayGuardian-OW.png

This card can only be Special Summoned with "Metamorphosis" by Tributing "Elemental HERO Clayman". This card's name is treated as "Elemental HERO Clayman" while it is face-up on the field. When this card is Special Summoned, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each card they control.

Level 4

0/2800

Why isn't this a legit card, with me running E-Heroes, this would be a nice addition to my deck (as well as Metamorphosis)

Discuss your opinions on this anime card that uses one of, if not THE, best defensive E-Heroes

It's unplayable garbage that would require even more garbage to play even if it could be played legally. Even then, just the fact that it requires you to run Clayman will mean that it's never going to be playable unless it is given a completely bonkers effect.

"Clayman"? That's a funny way to spell Dark Law.

That's funny. I never thought Clayman would be better than Dark Law

There is absolutely no reason to release this card, since it requires an already banned card to run and would only be useful for a small burn. I think I would run Panzer Dragon over this anyday.

Seriously, the random theme of Metamorphosis into weird E-HEROs was terrible, same with Neo-Spacians and NEX. It's impractical as hell and the actual results were mediocre. They released Neo Bubbleman by letting you ditch a Metamorphosis instead of printing as a Fusion that required Metamorphosis, but that debatably made Neo Bubbleman WORSE, as you needed to draw/search Neo Bubbleman in addition to the other components.

Seriously, the random theme of Metamorphosis into weird E-HEROs was terrible, same with Neo-Spacians and NEX. It's impractical as hell and the actual results were mediocre. They released Neo Bubbleman by letting you ditch a Metamorphosis instead of printing as a Fusion that required Metamorphosis, but that debatably made Neo Bubbleman WORSE, as you needed to draw/search Neo Bubbleman in addition to the other components.

Well, I think the problem was the way Konami approached it. They saw Metamorphisis as a really popular card were like "Hey, let's take a staple and turn it into something the kids would like", but of course the results were hilariously bad because they forgot to take into account WHY it was so good

There is no doubt the card is pretty bad nowadays.The only things I can say about this is what it could have been. When the concept was released, the anime did it well, with the vanilla HERO pioneers evolving into an easy solid high DEF (which was more useful back in those days than would be now) with burn in the case of Clayman and Bubbleman into something like "Heraldic Beast Basilisk" but like 8 years earlier, which is pretty solid IMO for its time.

I believe the anime dropped the concept because Metamorphosis was banned IRL. They often made weird changes in the anime that only the active IRL players would understand, like how they all randomly stopped using Pot of Greed at some point. Otherwise we would have seen other HERO classics get their own morph form, and maybe even the NEX Spacians would have used Metamorphosis instead of a bad card made just for them. Remember the game was a lot more tame and the Extra Deck had no limit yet, so for what it was, the concept was a good and very interesting one. Too bad their IRL nerf was so half-assed and dropped. Remember it wasn't dropped because it was half-assed, I've seen worse things get to completion and pack filler of the most useless kind was a norm anyways.

This card actually has a chance of being released at some legendary collection or something if they unban Metamorphosis down the road. Yes some people could scream "but Noden or Cyber Twin are going to ruin the game with it, and what about Last Warrior of Another Planet?" but I don't think any deck would be pushed to stupid degrees if it was legal, and even if I'm wrong right now, who knows how the game might turn out later.

I for one would love to see this concept again for the old classic "garbage" E HERO and Neo Spacian cards, only maybe dropping Poly instead, making them actual Fusions, giving them worthwhile stats and effects for nowadays, and even had the perk of giving an extra effect to a Fusion if used in one.

Archived