Mirror Force Dragon-CDP1

r4ckMKc.jpg

Mirror Force Dragon
Light Dragon / Fusion / Effect
LV8 2800/1200
Must be Special Summoned by “The Fang of Critias” sending “Mirror Force” you control or have in your hand to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) When a monster you control is targeted for an attack or an opponent’s card effect: You can destroy all cards your opponent controls.

http://ygorganization.com/wearefuturefighters/

wow

please discuss

This is beautiful. 11/10 worth the wait.

That is... just... wow. Your opponent tries to do ANYTHING, and you blow their field up. 10/10 for making up for Timaeus.

The Timaeus Fusions were drastically underpowered compared to their contemporaries, the El Shaddolls. I get that Amulet Dragon getting 300 per Spell is bonkers with Spellbooks, but 100 was overkill, 200 would have been fine. DMGtDK got buffed a lot, but she lacks a float effect when Amulet Dragon has one, which is even more baffling because DMGtDK is the one who basically "Floated" in the anime. Of course, both should have floated on being sent to the Graveyard, but I disgress.

So its a much more convenient version of C69. Nice.

Fun fact, I saw somebody argue on another forum that this card "has less ATK than C69 and is harder to summon than C69. Also, C69 can be revived". 

Fun fact, I saw somebody argue on another forum that this card "has less ATK than C69 and is harder to summon than C69. Also, C69 can be revived". 

Well thank for pointing out some of the reasons why C69 is better than MFD in some situation (and yes, that 'somebody' is me :p)

Well thank for pointing out some of the reasons why C69 is better than MFD in some situation (and yes, that 'somebody' is me :p)

Yes, I know. I didn't think there were multiple mshends' on the Internet. See literally every argument I've made on NAC why overall MFD is better at doing the job.

Then the opponent just use cards like Volcanic Scattershot, mirror force (lol), Judgment Dragon to remove it

Because everybody runs those.

No one is really saying this card is invincible. Non-targeting removal has no penalty, but you could also use targeting removal if you have minimal board investment.

What I like is you can use it when any of your monsters are attacked or targeted. C69, while more threatening due to its 4000 ATK, is also less likely to go off because you're not likely to go on the offensive when faced with a 4K monster (even though C69 activates when ANY opponent monster attacks). Mirror Force Dragon noticeably does not activate if the opponent uses direct attacks, whereas C69 will. This is rarely important, but it's noteworthy.

Ultimately, C69 is easier to use because any Rank 4 + Limited Barian's Force can Summon it, and this is more specific. But this card is awesome.

No one is really saying this card is invincible. Non-targeting removal has no penalty, but you could also use targeting removal if you have minimal board investment.

What I like is you can use it when any of your monsters are attacked or targeted. C69, while more threatening due to its 4000 ATK, is also less likely to go off because you're not likely to go on the offensive when faced with a 4K monster (even though C69 activates when ANY opponent monster attacks). Mirror Force Dragon noticeably does not activate if the opponent uses direct attacks, whereas C69 will. This is rarely important, but it's noteworthy.

Ultimately, C69 is easier to use because any Rank 4 + Limited Barian's Force can Summon it, and this is more specific. But this card is awesome.

Think is though, C69 doesn't do anything another card doesn't do better. If you need a beater, Dark Rebellion is a guaranteed 2500 damage without investing RUM, and S39-Lightning is a 5k beater with an Armades effect in exchange for running 39. If you go the RUM route, you'd rather make C101.

Mirror Force Dragon is harder to summon, but forcing the opponent to not use targeting effects until they're desperate or they can afford the loss is a massive boost. Ring of Destruction has become a staple again, and it's just one example of a card that targets. There are tons. I'll also point out Mirror Force can be sent from the hand by Critias, which invalidates a big disadvantage of RUM: they target a monster, meaning if it leaves the field or gets Lanced the RUM fails.

Think is though, C69 doesn't do anything another card doesn't do better. If you need a beater, Dark Rebellion is a guaranteed 2500 damage without investing RUM, and S39-Lightning is a 5k beater with an Armades effect in exchange for running 39. If you go the RUM route, you'd rather make C101.

Again, just comparing these two cards, and nothing else

Mirror Force Dragon is harder to summon, but forcing the opponent to not use targeting effects until they're desperate or they can afford the loss is a massive boost. Ring of Destruction has become a staple again, and it's just one example of a card that targets. There are tons. I'll also point out Mirror Force can be sent from the hand by Critias, which invalidates a big disadvantage of RUM: they target a monster, meaning if it leaves the field or gets Lanced the RUM fails.

You require more luck to summon MFD than C69 tbh. At the end of the day, I rather summon C69 (or heck S39 lighting or C101) than MFD, cause you can't summon it back, and thats a big thing

Again, just comparing these two cards, and nothing else

You require more luck to summon MFD than C69 tbh. At the end of the day, I rather summon C69 (or heck S39 lighting or C101) than MFD, cause you can't summon it back, and thats a big thing

Yes I'm gonna run a 3-mat Xyz and crummy rum cards, a total of 2 extra deck slots and 1-3 main deck slots that are all reliant on having the 3 appropriate monsters, as opposed to a 1-2 of tech card that beefs an already good card and takes 1 extra deck space, while being completely unreliant on anything except having the mirror force.

Archived