Ring of Destruction

2549.jpg?1385101774

You can only activate 1 “Ring of Destruction” per turn. (1) During your opponent’s turn: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls whose ATK is lower than or equal to your opponent’s LP; destroy that face-up monster, and if you do, you take damage equal to that monster’s original ATK, and if you do that, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the damage you took.

PFFFT~!

Basically, this means you need  to be able to afford taking the damage in order for your opponent to take damage as well.

Then again, if you have something like Prime Material Dragon out, then you basically get a free pop and some LP.

Also, I guess this is now only useable in the early game, given the requirements.

Hmm, the various conditions added on make it a questionable choice for Chain Burn. "During your opponent's turn" and "opponent's monster" means I can't blow my own things up to finish a game, and "lower than opponent's LP" means it's bad when drawn late-game and can't be used as a finisher.

Guess I'll settle with my usual loadout.

Wow, they REALLY changed this.

You can only use it during the opponent's turn.

You can only target opponent's monsters.

Your opponent must have more LP than the monster being destroyed.

You get burned first.

You get burned for the ORIGINAL ATK (but the current ATK must be less than your opponent's LP)

You must get burned for your opponent to get burned.

More balanced? Yes. But I don't like how much they changed.

Here's the real issue.

Ring of Defense no longer does anything for this card (not that anyone played it).

I'd much prefer Ring of Life

Destroy 1 face-up monster. You and the controller of the destroyed monster gain Life Points equal to that monster's DEF.

Of course, do we really need more generic awesome traps?

Here's the real issue.

Ring of Defense no longer does anything for this card (not that anyone played it).

I'd much prefer Ring of Life

Of course, do we really need more generic awesome traps?

... yes, we do

The TCG suffers horribly from not having enough good generic backrow due to all of it being limited. While this might not be the hero the TCG deserves (provided it gets the same treatment here), it's definitely the kind of hero it needs, because decks that aren't Burning Abyss or have Floodgates tend to have very few ways to answer other decks.

Oh yeah, Barrel Behind the Door also doesn't combo with this anymore. While your opponent will take your damage, they won't take the damage they would have taken. (Originally, they'd take both players' damage).

At least they're taking damage and you're taking none... But you still can't use it as a finisher, unless you pull some real shenanigans on the monster's ATK.

I was like WTF at that last part, then I realized: If the monster has the same ATK as your opponent's LP, but more than yours, inflicting damage to both players at the same time would cause a draw. And Konami thinks draws = bannable now.

Damn, they think of everything, but yeah. I wanna know why are they nerfing the banned cards just so they can bring them back and earn money.

I was like WTF at that last part, then I realized: If the monster has the same ATK as your opponent's LP, but more than yours, inflicting damage to both players at the same time would cause a draw. And Konami thinks draws = bannable now.

Damn, they think of everything, but yeah. I wanna know why are they nerfing the banned cards just so they can bring them back and earn money.

It doesn't even matter actually because it would still cause a draw.

A card's effect must completely resolve before you can check win conditions.

This has always been the case for cards like Exodia.

Archived