Breakdance Street-Punk

Toffee.

5JbPo09.jpg

If this card is Normal Summoned, you can Target 1 Level 4 Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard, except "Breakdance Street-Punk": Special Summon it. Then, this card's name becomes the same as the Summoned monster's name until the End Phase. If you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn except Warrior-Type monsters. During either player's turn, except this turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can Banish this card from your Graveyard and Target 1 Warrior-Type monster you control: It gains 300 ATK until the End Phase. This effect of "Breakdance Street-Punk" can only be activated once per turn.

Gee, I wonder what I had in mind when I was making this card....

Pretty much a true Warrior right there

It supports HERO plays so Fusions like it.

It supports Xyz plays, and the ones that are specific to Warrior-Types and EARTH included there, which is often what Warrior Xyzs are.

It can support Synchros if you tech a Rose Warrior of Revenge, which I'm sure can find other ways of working in whatever deck you'd decide to make for this card.

Finally, it kinda reminds me of Air Gear because of IDK. It lacks the skating shoes but from a glimpse I imagined they were there for some reason at first *blinks*

Anyways, overall a solid support card, and occational wall when... actually pretty much never.... xD

No reason not to activate it and if negated it'll be stuck in Attack Position anyways haha.

Gee, I wonder what I had in mind when I was making this card....

Tellarknights?

Anyways, the card looks great. Basically a wolfbark for Warriors with additional gimmicky effects that makes it fun and slightly more useful than the standard "1-card Synchro/Xyz monster". I really don't get the name change effect: was it intended to prevent o you from using the effect of a hard OPT monster more than once in the same turn (e.g. Altair)? In that case, I think it should copy the monster's name first, and then apply the revival effect. Otherwise you could do tricks like summoning Deneb/Altair/etc. first, and then this to bypass the hard OPT.

It's funny, when I read the names of the card and TC, I expected silly "D-Boyz" support.

I really don't get the name change effect

I mentioned it to Sleepy last night via Skype; Basically it can double as stuff to make cards like Leadyoke, Thriver, etc, while at the same time, and the primary use I intended for this, was shenanigans with HEROs. Like, you could revive Mist -> Search a Mask -> This card becomes EARTH Mist.

In that case, I think it should copy the monster's name first, and then apply the revival effect. Otherwise you could do tricks like summoning Deneb/Altair/etc. first, and then this to bypass the hard OPT.

It actually doesn't bypass.
This card is still Breakdance while it's doing all of it's effect. It's name switches to the other AFTER this card Summons the monster.
So you can still do the effect/etc of whatever, just that this card then gains the support of the Archetype/etc it Summoned.
Basically this card is just to play around with name changing, since it's a fairly unused idea in Ygo.
(Srsly, Theres only like a handful of cards that do this).

It actually doesn't bypass.
This card is still Breakdance while it's doing all of it's effect. It's name switches to the other AFTER this card Summons the monster.
So you can still do the effect/etc of whatever, just that this card then gains the support of the Archetype/etc it Summoned.
Basically this card is just to play around with name changing, since it's a fairly unused idea in Ygo.
(Srsly, Theres only like a handful of cards that do this).

You are right. I got things mixed up. For some reason I thought you could pull combos such as Summoning a Deneb/Altair, then summoning this to revive a 2nd Deneb/Altair and trigger their effects a 2nd time in the same turn, but then I realized that said revived Deneb/Altair would already have its effect locked.

So yeah, card should be fine. This + Altair is still a potent combo, but when it locks your Rank4 choices to only Warriors, plus Altair's attacking restrictions, I guess it would be fine.

Archived