Gaia Titan, The Strongest

GOATSNAKE

1J9RI68.jpg

2 Level 8 EARTH monsters
Halve the ATK and DEF of all other monsters on the field. Your opponent takes no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. If this face-up card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. You can only control 1 "Gaia Titan, The Strongest".

4k ATK on a 2mat Rank 8 has already been done, so I have no idea why people are saying this has too much ATK and Skill Drain breaks the card. It's even more astonishing when said monster, Number 62, is generic, halves all damage it deals (which can be circumvented), and can even gain more ATK. Then, if it dies to a card effect while it has a certain material, it comes back in two turns with 8k ATK. #62 isn't even the optimal Rank 8 to go into since Felgrand exists.

As for this card, it's a pretty interesting alternative to #62 in the Decks that could make it, and I personally like the flavor it has with Gaia Plate. The protection effect is not too much considering how much the game has evolved into nondestruction removal effects (and then there's BTS), but is still pretty nice against the archaic Decks that can't muster up that sort of removal so easily. If anything, I'd say the only problem this has is that its role of giant monster-puncher-guy is becoming less useful, and that #62 pretty much already is the Rank 8 giant monster-puncher-guy.

4k ATK on a 2mat Rank 8 has already been done, so I have no idea why people are saying this has too much ATK and Skill Drain breaks the card. It's even more astonishing when said monster, Number 62, is generic, halves all damage it deals (which can be circumvented), and can even gain more ATK. Then, if it dies to a card effect while it has a certain material, it comes back in two turns with 8k ATK. #62 isn't even the optimal Rank 8 to go into since Felgrand exists.

As for this card, it's a pretty interesting alternative to #62 in the Decks that could make it, and I personally like the flavor it has with Gaia Plate. The protection effect is not too much considering how much the game has evolved into nondestruction removal effects (and then there's BTS), but is still pretty nice against the archaic Decks that can't muster up that sort of removal so easily. If anything, I'd say the only problem this has is that its role of giant monster-puncher-guy is becoming less useful, and that #62 pretty much already is the Rank 8 giant monster-puncher-guy.

Yay! Someone that knows what they're talking about! I was thinking of a witty way to respond to the other two comments, but I don't have to do it anymore. Thanks!

Archived