New Chaos Number! Number C44: Pegasus Knight

TFMegamanlan

AF72CBA3-E185-4DA6-9B72-1CBA537F4DE5_zps

[spoiler=effect]
3 Level 4 WIND Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 44: Sky Pegasus" you control as an Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that Monster become Xyz Materials on this card.) Once per turn: you may Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Target 1 Monster your Opponent controls: Banish that target. If you do not control another "Number" card: Your Opponent may pay 1000 LP instead. During your Standby Phase: you may Target a "Number 44: Sky Pegasus" in your Graveyard: Equip that target to this card. This card gains the Following Effect while equipped with "Number 44: Sky Pegasus":
• When this card attacks: Negate all Face-up cards your Opponent controls until the End of the Battle Phase. If this card would be Destroyed, you may Destroy the equipped Monster instead.[/spoiler]

Let me know what you all think and ways I could improve this card! Thanks!

3 Level 4 WIND Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 44: Sky Pegasus" you control as an Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that Monster become Xyz Materials on this card.) Once per turn: you may detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: target 1 monster your opponent controls: Banish that target. If you do not control another "Number" card: Your opponent may pay 1000 LP instead. During your Standby Phase: you may target a "Number 44: Sky Pegasus" in your Graveyard: Equip that target to this card. This card gains the following effect while it has "Number 44: Sky Pegasus" attached as an Xyz Material:
• When this card attacks: Negate the effects of all face-up cards your opponent controls until the end of the Battle Phase. If this card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material instead.

Xyz Material isn't equipped. This isn't MtG, you always can but never may. Capitalizations.

I would actually run my 44 with this. Not a bad upgrade.

No, it's not when No. 44 is actually a Material but when No. 44 is equipped to this version by this card's effect. Check the second effect for the explanation of that effect: "During your Standby Phase: you may Target a "Number 44: Sky Pegasus" in your Graveyard: Equip that target to this card."
Thanks both of you for your input and liking my card though. =)

3 Level 4 WIND Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 44: Sky Pegasus" you control as an Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster become Xyz Materials on this card.) Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish that target. If you do not control another "Number" card, your opponent can pay 1000 Life Points to negate this effect. During your Standby Phase: you can target a "Number 44: Sky Pegasus" in your Graveyard: Equip that target to this card. While this card has "Number 44: Sky Pegasus" as an Equip Card, it gains this effect.
• When this card attacks: Negate the effects of all face-up cards your opponent controls until the end of the Battle Phase. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy the equipped monster instead.

In the future, you may want to read Zaziuma's guide on writing OCG; it'll help you immensely; though I certainly am not going to fix your OCG without properly reviewing.

Flavor-wise, if you wanted to design this like the old style Chaos Numbers, stats should remain at 1800/1600, though given a lot of common monsters lately, it won't survive too long. Then again, it won't qualify for RUM support anyway because of the differing Types. That being said, 2200/1200 for a 3-mat R4 is somewhat disappointing. You can probably boost it to 240 ATK or something if that's the case and shouldn't cause it to be broken. Then again, it's just my opinion on it.

Effect-wise, it's an improved version of the original 44 (non-specific). Basically speaking, it's a free monster pop should you have another Number in play, and otherwise the regular 44's effect if you do not. I can see this card's other effect as a hybrid version of the Rank-Up Xyz and Union monsters. In essence, you can detach regular 44 and pop something, then recover it as an Equip Card during the Standby Phase and have it negate usual staples when it strikes [provided opponent doesn't try to kill it first with an effect outside the Battle Phase or a monster with +2200 ATK]; though it doesn't do much against Mirror Force and the like (it can stop Exciton though, if that actually means anything). 

I think this is a really good card! Seems balanced to me.

Read the rules of this section before you post again; especially the parts about the Advanced Clause.

Why do you think this card is balanced?

It's fine to say this card is good, but you must back up your reasoning in this section.

Archived