The Beginning of Anubis

Darj

RdRaXWq.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Anubis" card from your Deck to you hand, except "The Beginning of Anubis". One time only: You can Normal Summon 1 Level 5 or higher Fiend-Type monster for 1 less Tribute. This card must be in the Graveyard to activate and to resolve this effect.

The be honest, I got the idea of this card from the "Anubian Sphinx" Thread. A card for supporting "The End of Anubis" and other Anti-Meta Fiends such as Majesty's and Vanity's Fiend.

The first is a standard on-Summon searching effect, designed to look for End of Anubis but also other cards such as "Judgment of Anubis" or "Curse of Anubis" for more versatility and to make the card more interesting.

The last effect allows you to Summon the aforementioned Fiends with no Tribute cost, and is intended to support Anti-Meta Yorishiro decks.

The monster is LIGHT not only as a counterpart of "The End of Anubis", but also for potential Chaos/BLS support when running Majesty's Fiend, plus I'm not a fan of overused attribute/type combinations such as DARK/Fiend.

It's a great start to supporting "The End of Anubis".  It searches it, and then when it dies can help Summon him.  And the End of Anubis is a legit card, really powerful.  

I'm really just throwing my personal preferences in but I'd like if you gave further support to the Anubis trap cards (Like you did with the End of Anubis).  Like " You can activate Anubis Trap Cards from your hand."  Thoughts?

Beautiful card though.  Great design.

Thanks for your comment.

The suggestion is interesting, but I don't want this card to focus too much on the Anubis Trap Cards; being able to search them is more of a bonus or "icing on the cake", and this card's main goal is to support End of Anubis.

Archived