Locodol

63333.jpg

The story is about the life of a high school girl, Nanako, and her senpai, Yukari, who end up becoming the town's local idols (locodol) upon the request of her uncle.

Welp. Idols. Nyanako is a cutie. That's about it so far.

[spoiler=Actually, I done a completely unnecessary analysis on the first episode]What I thought I would get: A couple girls who became idols for the heck of it, even though I knew there was population/tourist problems with their town. (you can call me dumb)

What I got: The main girl Nanako being hoodwinked into it, if you will, by her uncle, although a job is a job, and she got the money for what she wanted. That, and they legitimately are trying to do something to revitalize their town. I think it was a good idea having them sing their anthem, though you could say that may be overridden by throwing swimsuits into the first episode. I personally think it wasn't, because well, not just because they were at a pool, and so it is obvious that there would be swimsuits.

What I think, is that, I've never really seen a pool specifically in an idol anime, or at least, it wasn't to do with their job. Usually it is the beach, iirc. I just really find it interesting that they revitalized the pool first, used it as a tool to get the locodols going, and you know, starting the show off being in a different place than I believe idols have normally been (in anime). It is certainly different for a start. Although once again, perhaps some people will think they are trying too hard with the fanservice right off the bat, and really, compared to other idol anime, I'm going to have to say that they are, but I do not exactly think it's that bad.

It's just swimsuits, not wardrobe malfunctions, not nudity (such as onsen episodes, but well, an example is Love Live in that it was pretty tame comparative to other anime, and Love Live is massive in Japan), not panty shots (an example being Wake Up, Girls! Although once again, like this, it was specifically to get more attention, potentially be more successful, and well, knowing people in general, it seems to have worked), not any of that. [/spoiler]

I know, the comedy aspect was played down severely as far as this first episode is concerned. Why is that the only genre I can find of this? Stupid question, as I'm sure there isn't a whole lot else you could say it is.

That said, I quite liked this for whatever else I already mentioned.

Archived