The Golden Sun Rises

UCD

This is my first time making cards, constructive criticism and OCG corrections would be appreciated. 

These cards are based off of the "Golden Sun" series.

The set consists of 18 cards.

Monsters (10)

Djinni

The foundation of the deck. Most cards in this set revolve around sending Djinni to the grave, or recycling them from the banished zone.

Mars Djinni

5r02f7J.jpg

Venus Djinni

Q4Sx4O4.jpg

Jupiter Djinni

MERAuO0.jpg

Mercury Djinni

ukljncK.jpg

All Djinni have the same effect, but each corresponds to a different attribute.

"You can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 [attribute] monster; it cannot be targeted by card effects until your opponent's next End Phase."

Adepts

The Adepts have multiple uses. They not only send Djinni to the grave for later use, but each also has it's own effect to pop enemy cards and recycle monsters.

Adept of Mars - Garet

nJh8kb9.jpg

When this card is Summoned, you can send one "Djinni" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard one "Djinni" monster to target one Level 4 or lower monster; banish that target.

Adept of Venus - Isaac

7HEXEAA.jpg

When this card is Summoned, you can send 1 "Djinni" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard one "Djinni" monster to target one of your banished monsters; add it to your hand.

Adept of Jupiter - Ivan

TjBl0tK.jpg

When this card is Summoned, you can send 1 "Djinni" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard "Djinni" monster to target one of your opponent's spell or trap cards; banish that target.

Adept of Mercury - Mia

DDHXdbx.jpg

When this card is Summoned, you can send 1 "Djinni" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard one "Djinni" monster to target one card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

Boss Monsters

Two bosses, each one with its own advantages.

The Great Gabomba

YntH734.jpg

While this card is face-up on the field, you can use the effects of "Adept" monsters without discarding. You must discard one card during your Standby Phase; if you don't, this card is destroyed.

The Goddess of Light - Iris

CwHY1f9.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Mercury Djinni", "Venus Djinni", "Jupiter Djinni" and "Mars Djinni" from your graveyard. If this card is selected as a target by an opponent's card effect; banish the top card of your deck to negate the effect. Once per turn, you can target one of your banished cards; add that card to your hand. This card cannot attack the same turn you use this effect.

Spells/Traps ( :cool:

Field 

Mount Aleph

Un6vm6N.jpg

Face up "Adept" monsters cannot be selected as attack targets. Once per turn, you can send 1 "Djinni" monster from your banished zone to the Graveyard, and if you do, gain 500 Life Points.

Very good card. Protects the Adepts, recycles Djinni, and gives you LP. If this set were real, this card would be the victim of many MSTs.

Other

Sol Sanctum

EGfLKvO.jpg

During your Standby Phase, place one "Alchemy" counter on this card (Max:2). You can remove one "Alchemy" counter from this card to Special Summon one "Adept" monster from your Hand or Deck. You can remove 2 "Alchemy" counters from this card to target one Spell or Trap card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

Used to flood Adepts or recycle Spells and Traps. 

Djinni Storm

eprO9Sa.jpg

Discard one card to target 4 of your banished "Djinni" monsters; add those targets to your hand.

Used to recycle Djinni.

Pure Ply

wuDYOS8.jpg

Add one "Djinni" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Self explanatory. Returns Djinni to the hand to give you more resources for Adept effects.

Secret of Kibombo

K4UrtnD.jpg

Activate only while "The Great Gabomba" is face-up on your side of the field. Draw 2 cards; Special Summon one "Adept" monster from your hand, or, if you don't have any in your hand, send all cards in your hand to the Graveyard.

"Allure of Darkness" for the Adepts. 

Shine Plasma

jPFwzh4.jpg

When an opponent's monster declares an attack; send one "Djinni" monster from your deck to the Graveyard to negate the attack and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the attacking monster's ATK.

"Magic Cylinder" for the Adepts. Also sends Djinni to the Grave for later use.

Quake Sphere

WTbgZ74.jpg

When an opponent's monster declares an attack; discard one "Djinni" monster to destroy all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

"Torrential Tribute" for the Adepts. Sends Djinni blah blah blah.

Cruel Ruin

ZUtFMUT.jpg

You must have either "The Goddess of Light - Iris" or "Mount Aleph" on the field to activate this card. Banish 4 "Djinni" monsters from your hand, deck or graveyard and pay 4000 life points to banish all cards on your opponent's side of the field. Your opponent cannot activate any card effects in response to this card's activation.

Very OP card. This one was just for fun since it's one of my favorite attacks from the Golden Sun series. Don't take it seriously at all. If this set were real, this card would probably be banned.

Great cards! I never got the chance to finish this game. I like the idea of banishing Djinni cards to protect your monsters from card effects but I would suggest toning down the stats for the characters. Two of them can banish monsters and spells/traps and thats a powerful enough effect without the 1800 ATK. And as for the Great Gabomba, you need to add something to balance it out its helpful effect. Maybe during your Standby Phase, you have to discard 1 card and if you don't it's destroyed. Hope to see more!

Personally, I want to go over to you and shake your hand for making Golden Sun cards.  However, there are a few things of note I have to point out:

-Garet and Mia's effects are seriously broken.  Banishing a monster needs more effort and simply adding any card from your Graveyard to your hand opens up many different gamechanging options.  You just might have to restrict the discard to a "Djinn" monster discard.  After all, not only would it balance the cards out without making them unplayable (considering how easily recoverable the Djinn are), but it also still retains their flavor of using Psynergy as well as unleashing the power of the Djinn.

-Sol Sanctum's effect is kind of stupid (as in, it's broken).  Just restrict it to just the player's standby phase and it should be fine.

-I'm a bit iffy with how Cruel Ruin is.  You did put in a bit of balancing factors, but the effect is still really powerful.  I would be fine if for the banishing condition, it would be banishing 4 "Djinn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard.

There are a few errors with grammar (some areas aren't spaced properly) , but you got the OCG down for the most part.  7.5/10 for intriguing concept, flavor and using one of my nostalgic memories in gaming, but follow my suggestions and I'll bump it up to a 9.5 or 10.

Great cards! I never got the chance to finish this game. I like the idea of banishing Djinni cards to protect your monsters from card effects but I would suggest toning down the stats for the characters. Two of them can banish monsters and spells/traps and thats a powerful enough effect without the 1800 ATK. And as for the Great Gabomba, you need to add something to balance it out its helpful effect. Maybe during your Standby Phase, you have to discard 1 card and if you don't it's destroyed. Hope to see more!

Great call on the Gabomba. It does have balance issues. As for the Adepts, I had planned on changing their stats anyway to not only reflect their strength in the games but add a little variety as well.

Personally, I want to go over to you and shake your hand for making Golden Sun cards.  However, there are a few things of note I have to point out:

-Garet and Mia's effects are seriously broken.  Banishing a monster needs more effort and simply adding any card from your Graveyard to your hand opens up many different gamechanging options.  You just might have to restrict the discard to a "Djinn" monster discard.  After all, not only would it balance the cards out without making them unplayable (considering how easily recoverable the Djinn are), but it also still retains their flavor of using Psynergy as well as unleashing the power of the Djinn.

-Sol Sanctum's effect is kind of stupid (as in, it's broken).  Just restrict it to just the player's standby phase and it should be fine.

-I'm a bit iffy with how Cruel Ruin is.  You did put in a bit of balancing factors, but the effect is still really powerful.  I would be fine if for the banishing condition, it would be banishing 4 "Djinn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard.

There are a few errors with grammar (some areas aren't spaced properly) , but you got the OCG down for the most part.  7.5/10 for intriguing concept, flavor and using one of my nostalgic memories in gaming, but follow my suggestions and I'll bump it up to a 9.5 or 10.

This is exactly the kind of feedback I wanted. I think I will restrict all Adept's abilities to discarding Djinni only. Sol Sanctum should be restricted as well; it's only a slight change but it definitely balances the card out. As for Cruel Ruin, it is staying the same. As I said in the OP, the only reason I even added it was because I had art saved of it and it's my favorite attack. It makes sense for it to be OP since in the Doom Dragon battle he can spam the move as muh as he wants (it has no cost) and he gets 2-3 moves per cycle (seriously, Doom Dragon was quite a bitch to fight lol).

Actually, I may just add in the Doom Dragon as another boss monster (possibly Xyz or Fusion since it was a fusion of the kids' parents in the games). If I do, Crul Ruin will be edited to force you to banish Doom Dragon, 4 Djinni of different names, and pay LP. That might work a bit better since you wouldn't be very eager to get rid of DD (it will definitely be a strong monster if I choose to add it.)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will be editing these cards when I get home, and possibly adding new ones depending on how late I choose to stay up. Glad to see the GS fanbase isn't dead, as these were my favorite GBA games (even over Pokemon)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will be editing these cards when I get home, and possibly adding new ones depending on how late I choose to stay up. Glad to see the GS fanbase isn't dead, as these were my favorite GBA games (even over Pokemon)

imo, I hold GS higher in regard than Pokemon.

The Djinni's are more balanced now that they can only protect 1 monster. I'm still not sure whether the Adepts are balanced even with the changes since, like Digi-Boy said, banishing cards should not be that easy to pull off. Maybe for Garet you can have him discard a number of Djinni's and he can banish a target with a Level equal or less than the combined Levels of Garet and banished Djinnis. I don't know, just an idea.
Pure Ply, Secret of Kibombo and Shine Plasma are fine.
Quake Sphere is definitely broken. It's essentially Raigeki. You can make it like Lightning Vortex instead where you discard a Djinni to destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls.
Overall, great job again!

The Djinni's are more balanced now that they can only protect 1 monster. I'm still not sure whether the Adepts are balanced even with the changes since, like Digi-Boy said, banishing cards should not be that easy to pull off. Maybe for Garet you can have him discard a number of Djinni's and he can banish a target with a Level equal or less than the combined Levels of Garet and banished Djinnis. I don't know, just an idea.
Pure Ply, Secret of Kibombo and Shine Plasma are fine.
Quake Sphere is definitely broken. It's essentially Raigeki. You can make it like Lightning Vortex instead where you discard a Djinni to destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls.
Overall, great job again!

I didn't change the Djinni at all actually. As for the Adepts, I feel they are balanced enough with the exception of Garet. If I do anything to his effect, it will be to change it to only target face-up monsters (or maybe monsters with equal or lesser ATK.) I like his effect, I like that it's uniform with all the others, and I really hate to change it, but it does seem a little OP. Then you have cards like "Dark Core" which have essentially the same effect, so it makes it hard to determine if it's really too good of an effect or not. I'll probably nerf it anyways.

Quake Sphere is as broken as Torrential Tribute. The only difference is it has a cost, where Torrential Tribute doesn't. Still though, the cost is a Djinni, so it's actually setting you up for a play. I will most likely change it to face-ups only. We will see.

I will be adding new cards soon, probably Spells based off the Lighthouses and higher level monsters based off the antagonists. Stay tuned, keep giving me suggestions. I want this set to look like a real, playable set that could actually be competitive, but I don't want it to be too good, so any criticism is accepted.

Archived