Mythical Knight: The 4th "Lava Golem"

Galkin

2nd and 3rd being "Volcanic Queen" and "Santa Claws"

zun8AGc.jpg

Original ATK/DEF was: 2800/1000

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: You can Normal Summon this card by tributing 1 monster your opponent controls and, if you do, control of this card switches to your opponent. If this card is destroyed: Inflict 1500 damage to its controller.

You can Normal Summon this card to your opponent's side of the field by tributing 1 monster they control. Up to thrice per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; increase this card's ATK by 500. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. During each of your Standby Phases: you take 400 damage for each monster you control.

OCG Fix: If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: You can Normal Summon this card to your opponent's side of the field by tributing 1 monster they control. If this card is destroyed: The controller takes 1500 damage.

I do not like it, Sam-I-Am. It's incredibly restricted for what it does, it takes up your NORMAL SUMMON which means you can't Normal Summon anything else that turn unlike the other 3 you mentioned that SPECIAL SUMMON. In addition, the 3 you mentioned do something else while on the field. This gives absolutely no incentive to get it off the field. It's more so "Oh. Thanks for the free 2800 beatstick." Also, there's nothing saying that you can't play this on your own side, so you can essentially Tribute Summon a better Summoned Skull with self-burn. This card is just.....odd. I suggest making it a Special Summon to your opponent's field only as well as giving it a negative on-field effect to compensate for its power, especially since you designed this as the "4th Lava Golem".

Modified.

The reason it says Normal Summon is so it has the ability to bypass "no Special Summon" effects. For the most part it has the same drawbacks as Lava Golem and Volcanic Queen, who don't let you Normal Summon on the same turn they are Special Summoned, but it can't be stopped my simply preventing Special Summons. Allowing it to be Normal Summoned (on your side of the field) was intentional as well. As you suggested, it now has a  burn effect while on the field and, like Volcanic Queen, it has an effect that can be activated for the controller's benefit.

Archived