Spear of Heaven

Sunn O)))

e1YHVUA.jpg

During either player's Battle Step, when this card battles an opponent's monster: You can target the monster this card is battling; banish both it and this card. During either player's turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Special Summon, from your hand or Deck, 1 "Spear of Heaven" in face-up Defense Position. This card must be banished to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use 1 "Spear of Heaven" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Pretty sure there is a better way to word the Special Summoning effect. Also, this card could a better name.

For the name, maybe you want something like Angelical Spearman <insertnamehere> . Maybe Garibald? (Garibaldi)

Here, I've re-worded the effect. see if you like it.

When this card battles a monster, during the damage step: You can Banish both this card and the monster it was battling. If this card is Banished, during either player's Main Phase 1: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Special Summon, from your hand or Deck, 1 "Angelical Spearman Garibald" in face-up Defense Position. You can only use 1 "Angelical Spearman Garibald" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

For the name, maybe you want something like Angelical Spearman <insertnamehere> . Maybe Garibald? (Garibaldi)

Here, I've re-worded the effect. see if you like it.

When this card battles a monster, during the damage step: You can Banish both this card and the monster it was battling. If this card is Banished, during either player's Main Phase 1: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Special Summon, from your hand or Deck, 1 "Angelical Spearman Garibald" in face-up Defense Position. You can only use 1 "Angelical Spearman Garibald" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

First effect was already correct, since I literally copied it from GEPD. Second effect sounds like it activates when it's banished, which is why I based mine off Volcanic Shell. I'll just call it Angelical Spearman, no name because it's supposed to be a generic soldier.

Amazing card with lots of utility. Use it as spot removal and set you up to stall or get XYZ/tribute/Synchro material, or summon during your opponents end phase to remove problem monsters in your turn. OK, maybe this last use is a bit too useful. If his summoning effect was one of ignition instead of a quick effect, it would be solved.

Keep up the good work ;)

First effect was already correct, since I literally copied it from GEPD. Second effect sounds like it activates when it's banished, which is why I based mine off Volcanic Shell. I'll just call it Angelical Spearman, no name because it's supposed to be a generic soldier.

It seem the "You can only use 1 "Angelical Spearman" effect per turn, and only once that turn" would pervent it from doing the same as Volcanic Shell. Still, having a monster that banish cards is really great. And even so that it can't Special Summon another on the same turn. When your turn comes again you can Special Summon it and banish another monster on another turn or Xyz Summon a Rank 4, great stuff in Rank 4, unless you have a tuner to use with it.

Archived