Robonic Set

BurningDemon

Robonic Big Jaw

6dNwTg3.jpg

You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is discarded to activate a "Robonic" monster effect: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

Robonic Swordsman

Y4H55YP.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can discard 1 monster from your Deck; this card gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase.You can only use 1 of those "Robonic Swordsman" effects per turn, and only once that turn. If this card is discarded to activate a monster effect: You can draw 1 card.

Robonic Shooter

ejd1DXL.jpg

Once per turn: You can reveal 1 "Robonic" monster in your hand; during this turn, if a monster with the same name as the revealed monster is discarded, Special Summon it. If this card is discarded to activate a monster effect: You can Special Summon it.

Robonic Gunner

PQQ6vP4.jpg

Each time a "Robonic" monster is Summoned: Each player targets 1 Level 4 or lower monster in their Graveyards; shuffle those targets to the owner Decks. If this card is discarded to activate a monster effect: You can add 1 Machine-Type "Robonic" monster to your hand.

Robonic Monkey

qiLorz3.jpg

If this card is discarded to activate a Spell/Trap effect: You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your hand; add this card to your hand. If this card is discarded to activate a "Robonic" monster's effect: You can target 1 "Robonic" monster in your Graveyard, except "Robonic Monkey"; add that target to your hand.

Robonic Investigator

DNTf8zi.jpg

If this card is discarded to activate a card effect: You can activate 1 of these effects.
*Discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your hand; draw 1 card.
*Discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck, then target 2 "Robonic" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle all 2 into the Deck.

Robonic Phlosion

TitmXnY.jpg

Once per turn: discard 2 "Robonic" cards from your Deck: inflict 800 Damage to your opponent Life Points. If this card is discarded to activate a "Robonic" monster effect: you can banish this card from your Graveyard; return 1 "Robonic" Spell/Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand.

Robonic "S" Ray of Light

zcRH5KN.jpg

Once per turn during either Player's turn: You can discard this card to increase ATK of all face-up "Robonic" monsters by 500 until the End Phase. If this card is discarded (except by it's own effect) to activate a monster effect: Special Summon 1 "Robonic "S" Moon Shadow" from your hand or Deck.

Robonic "S" Moon Shadow

JduHG9R.jpg

Once per turn when "Robonic" monster is attacked: You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck and send this face-up card to the Graveyard; destroy the attacking monster. If this card is discarded to activate a monster effect: Special Summon 1 "Robonic "S" Ray of Light" from your hand or Deck.

Robonic Galaxy Defender

vKVwGy1.jpg

2 Level 4 "Robonic" monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, and discard 1 card; this card gains 1000 ATK, and if it does, negate the effects of all face-up cards until the End Phase (this is a Quick Effect). When this card is destroyed: You can target 1 other "Robonic" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

Robonic Patrol

EIjitRx.jpg

2 Level 3 "Robonic" monsters
Each time "Robonic" monsters are sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; send 1 "Robonic" card from your Deck to the Graveyard; destroy 1 monster on the field. When this card is destroyed by battle: your opponent cannot Set any cards until the End Phase of this turn.

Robonic Hidden Attack

CPAoVfS.jpg

Each time "Robotic" monster was sent to the Graveyard by a card effect place 1 Hidden Counter on this card. Once per turn when "Robonic" monster is destroyed by battle you can remove 2 Hidden Counters from this card: shuffle that "Robonic" monster to your Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Robonic Check Out

JVwIMWV.jpg

Activate whan you control only face-up "Robonic" monsters with Levels: target 1 "Robonic" monster in your Deck: discard that target to the Graveyard. During your next Stand-By Phase activate 1 of these effects:
*Shuffle monster sent by this effect to your Deck
*Pay 500 Life Points: Special Summon that monster.

Oh my! Very good!!

So, let's start with OCG fixing:

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Robonic" monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can discard 1 monster from your Deck; this card gains 600 ATK until the End Phase. If this card is discarded to activate a monster effect: You can draw 1 card.

Once per turn: You can reveal 1 "Robonic" monster in your hand; during this turn, if a monster with the same name as the revealed monster is discarded, Special Summon it. It cannot be used as an Xyz Material. If this card is discarded to activate a monster effect: You can Special Summon it.

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can draw 1 card. If this card is discarded by a Spell/Trap effect: You can pay 500 Life Points; add this card to your hand. If this card is discarded to activate a "Robonic" monster's effect: You can increase the ATK of all face-up monsters you curently control by 400.

2 Level 4 "Robonic" monsters
Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; negate the effects of all face-up monsters until the End Phase, then this card gains 600 ATK. When this card is destroyed: Add 2 "Robonic" monsters from your Graveyard to your hand.

Note that I fixed your 'If this card is discarded by a monster effect:' clauses, as it won't count any activation cost, and won't actually make any sense to me.

And now my per card suggestion:

• Robonic Swordsman: If you won't make any level 5+ monsters (you should NOT make level 5+ monsters), you won't need that level 4 or lower part there. You definitely need to add this: 'You can only use 1 "Robonic Swordsman" effect per turn, and only once that turn.'. Also, 1200 original atk, with +1000 atk bonus works better.
  • Robonic Laser Girl: You might want to change its name, I suggest Robonic Shooter. Remove its cannot be used as an xyz material limitation.
  • Robonic MonKey: Write that MonKey correctly to Monkey. I suggest removing its first effect. And changing its second effect to this: 'If this card is discarded to activate a Spell/Trap effect: You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your hand; add this card to your hand.'. Then, change its third effect to this: 'If this card is discarded to activate a "Robonic" monster's effect: You can target 1 "Robonic" monster in your Graveyard, except "Robonic Monkey"; add that target to your hand.'. Also, this card is the only level 3 monster here, do you plan to add more level 3 monsters? If not, change it to level 4. And more, this should be a beast monster, or beast-warrior at the very least (or more fittingly, machine).
  • Robonic Galaxy Defender: DO note that this card is a Galaxy Xyz Monster (which makes Galaxy Charity playable). First effect to: 'Once per turn, during your turn: You can discard 1 card; this card gains 1000 ATK, and if it does, negate the effects of all face-up cards until the End Phase (this is a Quick Effect).'. Second effect to: 'When this card is destroyed: You can target 1 other "Robonic" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.'.

As for new cards, you'll need another monster with Monkey-like effect, Something like this perhaps: 'If this card is discarded to activate a Spell/Trap effect: You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck, then target 2 "Robonic" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle all 2 into the Deck.'. I'm looking forward to this set (very much). Speaking of that, I like those artworks.

Oh my! Very good!!

So, let's start with OCG fixing:

Note that I fixed your 'If this card is discarded by a monster effect:' clauses, as it won't count any activation cost, and won't actually make any sense to me.

And now my per card suggestion:

• Robonic Swordsman: If you won't make any level 5+ monsters (you should NOT make level 5+ monsters), you won't need that level 4 or lower part there. You definitely need to add this: 'You can only use 1 "Robonic Swordsman" effect per turn, and only once that turn.'. Also, 1200 original atk, with +1000 atk bonus works better.
  • Robonic Laser Girl: You might want to change its name, I suggest Robonic Shooter. Remove its cannot be used as an xyz material limitation.
  • Robonic MonKey: Write that MonKey correctly to Monkey. I suggest removing its first effect. And changing its second effect to this: 'If this card is discarded to activate a Spell/Trap effect: You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your hand; add this card to your hand.'. Then, change its third effect to this: 'If this card is discarded to activate a "Robonic" monster's effect: You can target 1 "Robonic" monster in your Graveyard, except "Robonic Monkey"; add that target to your hand.'. Also, this card is the only level 3 monster here, do you plan to add more level 3 monsters? If not, change it to level 4. And more, this should be a beast monster, or beast-warrior at the very least (or more fittingly, machine).
  • Robonic Galaxy Defender: DO note that this card is a Galaxy Xyz Monster (which makes Galaxy Charity playable). First effect to: 'Once per turn, during your turn: You can discard 1 card; this card gains 1000 ATK, and if it does, negate the effects of all face-up cards until the End Phase (this is a Quick Effect).'. Second effect to: 'When this card is destroyed: You can target 1 other "Robonic" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.'.

As for new cards, you'll need another monster with Monkey-like effect, Something like this perhaps: 'If this card is discarded to activate a Spell/Trap effect: You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck, then target 2 "Robonic" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle all 2 into the Deck.'. I'm looking forward to this set (very much). Speaking of that, I like those artworks.

Thanks for OCG fix. About  your suggestions, I like them.

I changed the "Robonic Swordsman" Attack, than changed names of MonKey and Laser Girl.

I don't think I'll make Level 5 or higher monsters, and about new cards in the Set: I'll make new cards when I find good artwork for them.

I just noticed that you changed Robonic Swordsman effect to discard from your hand, and somehow I like it better (and not, actually; 50:50). So, due to that you should remove its once per turn clause there. OR keep that once per turn clause, and change it to discard from your deck. So, without once per turn clause, you do something like this: Add 1 Shooter, then discard it by its own effect, and special summon it (Shooter's effect). The other one (with once per turn clause, and discard from your deck): You can either -> Normal summon this card to add 1 Robonic monster; or discard directly from your deck.

As for Shooter, make it special summon the cards in defense position perhaps? As attacking with a 2200 and 1500 atk monsters seems a bit painful.

Also, the new Investigator is pretty minus in that state, so here: 'If this card is discarded to activate a card effect:' either -> 'You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck, then target 2 "Robonic" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle all 2 into the Deck.' or 'You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your hand; draw 1 card.' or make it add a Robonic monster, I don't know. Here's some explanation. For the first one, the shuffling part is actually a hidden requirement of the effect. You need to have at least another Robonic monster in grave when this card is discarded, as the newly discarded card (by this card's effect) is not counted toward this count. Or just make it something like this? 'If this card is discarded to activate a card effect while there is another "Robonic" monster in your Graveyard:'. For the second, it's kinda self-explanatory.

More, you can switch their once per turn, on normal summon, and on discard effect with each other to fit them better (though I don't know what to switch).

Actually, I'm the one thanking here. As these cards are . . . awesome. (xD)

Thank you for posting these cards.

I'll be this page's auto ocg fixing guy.

You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is discarded to activate a monster effect: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

When a "Robonic" monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Each player discards a card from their hand. If this card is discarded to activate a monster effect: You can add 1 Machine-Type "Robonic" monster to your hand.

If this card is discarded to activate a card effect: You can activate 1 of these effects.
● Discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your hand; draw 1 card.
● Discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck, then target 2 "Robonic" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle all 2 into the Deck.

So you chose to insert both of my suggested effects to Investigator. That looks neater to me.

Anyway, let's start with Big Jaw. First of all, it's a water monster, and discardable by mermails. So, this change for last effect: 'If this card is discarded to activate a "Robonic" monster's effect: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.'. This way, mermails won't use this. I still can't say a lot on its special summoning effect though. But this is currently possible: Special summon this card, discarding Gunner. Then Gunner add Big Jaw. Repeat until you got 3 Big Jaws. Making it only once per turn might be the solution, but it's kind of awkward somehow (at least to me).

Now for Gunner. Its first effect won't trigger any Robonic monsters' effects, as it discards them as an effect, not as a cost. And the idea of making it triggers when something inflicts battle damage is kinda bad (imo). I'm thinking something like this: 'You can discard this card;' to do "something". I also think that "something" as targeting 1 Robonic monster you control, and making it gains 1000 atk, plus activateable during either player's turn; but this will be bad, seeing their atk in pretty high numbers.

Some reminder: Robonic Swordsman's last effect is still counted towards its once per turn limit. If you want to remove it from the limit, use this (still at that exact place): 'You can only use 1 of those "Robonic Swordsman" effects per turn, and only once that turn.'. Robonic Galaxy Defender doesn't detach any xyz materials. So, this: 'You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, and discard 1 card;'.

I still don't get the function of that spell . . . It doesn't discard, and it's pretty slow.

I'll be this page's auto ocg fixing guy.

So you chose to insert both of my suggested effects to Investigator. That looks neater to me.

Anyway, let's start with Big Jaw. First of all, it's a water monster, and discardable by mermails. So, this change for last effect: 'If this card is discarded to activate a "Robonic" monster's effect: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.'. This way, mermails won't use this. I still can't say a lot on its special summoning effect though. But this is currently possible: Special summon this card, discarding Gunner. Then Gunner add Big Jaw. Repeat until you got 3 Big Jaws. Making it only once per turn might be the solution, but it's kind of awkward somehow (at least to me).

Now for Gunner. Its first effect won't trigger any Robonic monsters' effects, as it discards them as an effect, not as a cost. And the idea of making it triggers when something inflicts battle damage is kinda bad (imo). I'm thinking something like this: 'You can discard this card;' to do "something". I also think that "something" as targeting 1 Robonic monster you control, and making it gains 1000 atk, plus activateable during either player's turn; but this will be bad, seeing their atk in pretty high numbers.

Some reminder: Robonic Swordsman's last effect is still counted towards its once per turn limit. If you want to remove it from the limit, use this (still at that exact place): 'You can only use 1 of those "Robonic Swordsman" effects per turn, and only once that turn.'. Robonic Galaxy Defender doesn't detach any xyz materials. So, this: 'You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, and discard 1 card;'.

I still don't get the function of that spell . . . It doesn't discard, and it's pretty slow.

Thank You for all those OCG fixes.

Gunner's effect changed, and I fixed the Spell Card.

The archetype promises really nice consistency and nice combos. Well done. 
The art's amazing! It matches the name and theme.  I'd definitely play it and they're not too overpowered or underpowered at all.

I just wanted to point out something:

You can discard 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck; 

I've realized you've been using the word "discard" a lot to show sending a card from the deck to the Graveyard. But the term "discard" only applies to the hand. So maybe to avoid future misconceptions, it would most likely be better to reword it to something like:

(Using Big Jaw as an example)

You can send 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a "Robonic" monster's effect: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

The art's amazing! It matches the name and theme.  I'd definitely play it and they're not too overpowered or underpowered at all.

I've realized you've been using the word "discard" a lot to show sending a card from the deck to the Graveyard. But the term "discard" only applies to the hand. So maybe to avoid future misconceptions, it would most likely be better to reword it to something like:

You can send 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a "Robonic" monster effect: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

OK, I'll change the mistakes then.

You can send 1 "Robonic" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a "Robonic" monster's effect: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

Oh my . . .

Discarding from the deck is possible. See Painful Choice.

Destroying from the deck is also possible. See Chain Destruction.

And, there's no limitation on them. It's just that it's never done that way. I myself made a normal summon from the deck/graveyard (through an effect).

Just explore what you want to do, and see if it can work you wanted to be. (And don't do something like that to some ideas like those, that's pretty . . . something. Saying that you suggest that might be fine, just don't jump to fixing stuffs directly like that.)

To BurningDemon: I'll review your cards again, when some more is added; or when I just feel like to do it.

Oh my . . .

And, there's no limitation on them. It's just that it's never done that way. I myself made a normal summon from the deck/graveyard (through an effect).

Just explore what you want to do, and see if it can work you wanted to be. (And don't do something like that to some ideas like those, that's pretty . . . something. Saying that you suggest that might be fine, just don't jump to fixing stuffs directly like that.)

To BurningDemon: I'll review your cards again, when some more is added; or when I just feel like to do it.

You think that I shouldn't change discard with send from Deck

Oh my . . .

My apologies. I just assumed it based on the wikia's information on how "To discard (Japanese: 捨すてる Suteru; Chinese: 棄 Qì) a card is a form of sending a card from the hand to the Graveyard." Also, BurningDemon, I am sorry for changing your cards' effects so inconsiderately.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived