• Sailor Uranus
    • Sailor Neptune
    • Sailor Pluto
    • Sailor Saturn
    • Sailor Star Fighter
    • Sailor Star Maker
    • Sailor Star Healer

2622192757_926a98ae7e.jpg
Here we will discuss all things Sailor Moon in honor of the new Sailor Moon anime coming in July. Everything can be discussed here, from the early days to the new stuff and everything in between. I was a fan of the series way back when. Hearing the news that Viz picked up the series I was hyped, until I learned the voice cast changed and brought it in as it was. Every episode will be seen, including those not seen in America back in the day.

Warning: Like Pokemon, this will give rise to fans who liked Sailor Moon back then and only that, being blind by nostalgia. Like Genwuners, only worse. I'll just have to see bits and pieces of the new dub then cast judgment.

Seeing as how it's Viz I have no doubt the cast will be guys from Bleach and Naruto.

(In all honesty, Johnny Yong Bosch being Mamoru/Darien would be awesome).

So anyway, we can talk about all sorts of things: our favorite episodes, our least favorite episodes, our favorite characters, etc.

Me, My fave episodes were the ones where new scouts first appeared: Computer School Blues for Amy, An Uncharmed Life for Rei, Jupiter comes Thundering Down for Lita, Sailor V makes the scene for Mina, Checkmate, the last hoorah of the Amazon Trio, the Yellow Crystal episode, the final episode of Sailor Moon S and the second to last episode of Sailor Moon R. My least favorites are, and don't flame me for this, the first episode and the episodes where, because of Nephlite, normally nice people turn mean, and the episode where Amy is accused of cheating. That one is so bad I have to mute the near end of the second segment.

My favorites among the scouts are Amy (Sailor Mercury) and Mina (Sailor Venus). Most of the episodes they're in are either insightful or funny. Amy is the nerd and Mina is the goofball. Maybe even a bigger one than Serena. You just have to laugh at Mina especially in Super S, I mean: between threatening kindergartners, being a nurse, dating two guys at once, getting mad at Artemis and making an idiot of herself, Mina never disappoints. And Amy has some interesting moments too like with Greg or having an intellectual rival. Let's hope that Amy special is dubbed too.

Anyway, that's All I have to say on the matter, so I wanna hear what the rest of you think. Time will tell whether the new dub will be a success or a bomb.

Archived